HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:58 AM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
I think you are misreading the translated statement. It says: Note: to the ZYX 3-axis gyro upgrade 3.50 firmware, must use a the ZYX-S 3.0 three-axis gyroscopic software. What it means is you must use version 3.0 of the Windows software to perform the 3.50 firmware upgrade. The key references being "software vs firmware" and the version numbers "3.0 and 3.5". It doesn't say use the ZYX-S firmware on your ZYX-NonS gyro. There are separate version 3.5 firmware updates for the ZYX-NonS and ZYX-S gyros but not separate version 3.0 software programs. Use the appropriate firmware or your first flight might result in a rebuild assuming it doesn't brick your gyro.
Thats not how im reading it--Im reading it as ,when you upgrade the non s-3.50firmware,you have to use the s version software--The connect screen,monitor,settings--with the slidebars---You take the non s firmware,and use the s version slidebar screen software---firmware being the upgade--software being what you upgrade throgh--so when you hit the open,and update button,-that is on the 3.0 software screen--Thats how im reading it. Thats what i did--so far,seems to work fine--I guess i will see tomorrow! It says 3.0 software--there is a 3.0 software--I used it. It says the 3.0 gyro software,not the windows software--Maybe im wrong--but thats what im seeing!---Thanks for the lookout though>
rotorboy2.4 is offline Find More Posts by rotorboy2.4
Last edited by rotorboy2.4; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: more info
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
I think you are misreading the translated statement. It says: Note: to the ZYX 3-axis gyro upgrade 3.50 firmware, must use a the ZYX-S 3.0 three-axis gyroscopic software. What it means is you must use version 3.0 of the Windows software to perform the 3.50 firmware upgrade. The key references being "software vs firmware" and the version numbers "3.0 and 3.5". It doesn't say use the ZYX-S firmware on your ZYX-NonS gyro. There are separate version 3.5 firmware updates for the ZYX-NonS and ZYX-S gyros but not separate version 3.0 software programs. Use the appropriate firmware or your first flight might result in a rebuild assuming it doesn't brick your gyro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorboy2.4 View Post
Thats not how im reading it--Im reading it as ,when you upgrade the non s-3.50firmware,you have to use the s version software--The connect screen,monitor,settings--with the slidebars---You take the non s firmware,and use the s version slidebar screen software---firmware being the upgade--software being what you upgrade throgh--so when you hit the open,and update button,-that is on the 3.0 software screen--Thats how im reading it. Thats what i did--so far,seems to work fine--I guess i will see tomorrow! It says 3.0 software--there is a 3.0 software--I used it.
I think your both saying the same thing. Bottom line is don't flash your zyx with the zyx-s firmware.
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:03 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I noticed pani mentioned the distance of the balls on the servo arms in an earlier post. I was getting that "shaking like a wet dog" affect and had to turn my gains way down to 25 to stop it. The balls are currently at 13mm and if I move them in to the next hole, they will be at 10mm. Is this ok to do and will this allow me to increase the gains? The linkage arms are perfectly straight up and down right now. If I move them in, they will slant inward from swash to servo arm. Will that matter any?
I flew the Solar d654 with balls at 13 and 10mm. The shorter arms fly much better, with higher gains and more authority, while still giving me plenty of pitch. Definitely use 10mm if you can get 12* collective and ~8* cyclic before binding.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Last edited by Dr.M; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:08 AM
Clovis CA
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
There is no S version of the software. There is just version 3.0. To state there is an S version and a Non-S version will confuse people.
Scarman is offline Find More Posts by Scarman
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
I flew the Solar d654 with balls at 13 and 10mm. The sharter arms fly much better, with higher gains and more authority, while still giving me plenty of pitch. Definitely use 10mm if you can get 12* collective and ~8* cyclic before binding.
OK, so who's going to set their AIL/ELE pitch to max before binding and test the FFF pitch up problem ?

rotorboy seems to think this will solve it from what I've read.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
I think your both saying the same thing. Bottom line is don't flash your zyx with the zyx-s firmware.
I know--there is nowhere that i said use the s version 3,5 firmware---I said tarot said use the s version software to upgrade the non s 3.5 firmware through. I havnt changed anything i said.---And for the ball distance--Rule of thumb--as short as you can an still get the travel needed---And for cyclic--As much as you can get without binding---If you can get 14 degrees--do it. Your cyclic wont run out,plus it will get to where it need to get much faster to accomplish its goal.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
I know--there is nowhere that i said use the s version 3,5 firmware---I said tarot said use the s version software to upgrade the non s 3.5 firmware through. I havnt changed anything i said.---And for the ball distance--Rule of thumb--as short as you can an still get the travel needed---And for cyclic--As much as you can get without binding---If you can get 14 degrees--do it. Your cyclic wont run out,plus it will get to where it need to get much faster to accomplish its goal.
Don't you have more chance of bogging the motor with that much collective and cyclic pitch ?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
hello

Quote:
OK, so who's going to set their AIL/ELE pitch to max before binding and test the FFF pitch up problem ?

rotorboy seems to think this will solve it from what I've read.
Dont know if it will fix pichup--if its a bug--Thats how you set up ALL flb units. As much cyclic as you can get-All of my birds ar like that--as well as Scott Cathy-Jason Kraus-Bert Krammer---That is just how flb is suppose to be set up--Not rotorboys idea
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
No

Quote:
Don't you have more chance of bogging the motor with that much collective and cyclic pitch ?
It will never get to that point--it will just get to where it needs to get--IN TIME to do its job.----Ther is much info on this if you study flb.--Also--cyclic dont affect your pitch--you can increase your cyclic without adding anymore pitch.-----------Look at it this way--if you have 10 degrees of pitch at full stick, it will get ther at certain speed--Now if you dial in 14 degrees of pitch at full stick,- it will get to 10 much faster--Dont do this on pitch though--as it was just an example for the cyclic.---And if not a bug--could fix pitch up problems as you wont run short on cyclic to do the job--if set to like 7 degrees--not enough,- fast enough on extreme flying!---- I hope i havnt upset anyone--Just trying to help.
Last edited by rotorboy2.4; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: more info.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:21 AM
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
It will never get to that point--it will just get to where it needs to get--IN TIME to do its job.----Ther is much info on this if you study flb.--Also--cyclic dont affect your pitch
Well if that is the case then I've learnt something as a result of this discussion, cheers.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:25 AM
Clovis CA
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Ok, I had the opportunity to try the new firmware flying in some wind at the end of the day. The wind was blowing 7mph with sustained gusts up to 15mph. My heli flew great overall until the wind kicked up to ~12+ mph. At that point my tail started twitching like a chihuahua in the Arctic. Very small very fast tail twitching only while hovering. In forward flight I didn't notice it. I only had a couple batteries with me at the time so I didn't have much time to play with it. I tried increasing and decreasing TX gain. I also tried various combinations of raising & lowering the PID tail gains but I couldn't tune it out. Any change I made just made it worse. Wind blowing 10mph or less and the tail was rock solid in all orientations. I rarely fly in that much wind so it's not a big issue but I'd like to tune it out if at all possible. Most days around here the winds are calm so I may not get the opportunity to try that again anytime soon. Anyone else having a similar issue flying in wind?

Thanks
Scarman is offline Find More Posts by Scarman
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:28 AM
Athens
Joined Sep 2006
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I noticed pani mentioned the distance of the balls on the servo arms in an earlier post. I was getting that "shaking like a wet dog" affect and had to turn my gains way down to 25 to stop it. The balls are currently at 13mm and if I move them in to the next hole, they will be at 10mm. Is this ok to do and will this allow me to increase the gains? The linkage arms are perfectly straight up and down right now. If I move them in, they will slant inward from swash to servo arm. Will that matter any?
Hi Nascar, sorry for the late reply. 10mm is ok just be sure of two things. First that the balls don't bind on the case ( a non issue for the Pro variants). Second and more important that the arm and linkage form a 90 degree angle. You need this otherwise you will have uneven positive and negative collective. Do this even if it means arms not being 90 or 180 to the servo case.
pani is online now Find More Posts by pani
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:31 AM
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
i

Quote:
There is no S version of the software. There is just version 3.0. To state there is an S version and a Non-S version will confuse people.
Its just under the s version software--it says 3.0--not s--but its with the s version sortware--im being on the safe side. --It was confusing to me as well--But when you pull up the s version --it gives you that 3.0 non s screen--so i did what they said.---If you pull up the s version 3.5 firmware- in that extraction,you will also get the 3.0 software--it does not say s version-but is with the s firmware packet---To say there is not a difference just because it dont say s--might just as well not be right. It was what the tarot site said to do--SO,im going to assume that that 3.0 software that is with the s version firmware is a match----
weather or not 3.0 with the s firmware is or isnot different from others--I dont know--Im just following instructions!----It does say boldly--NOTE!!
Last edited by rotorboy2.4; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: info.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:55 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
It will never get to that point--it will just get to where it needs to get--IN TIME to do its job.----Ther is much info on this if you study flb.--Also--cyclic dont affect your pitch--you can increase your cyclic without adding anymore pitch.-----------Look at it this way--if you have 10 degrees of pitch at full stick, it will get ther at certain speed--Now if you dial in 14 degrees of pitch at full stick,- it will get to 10 much faster--Dont do this on pitch though--as it was just an example for the cyclic.---And if not a bug--could fix pitch up problems as you wont run short on cyclic to do the job--if set to like 7 degrees--not enough,- fast enough on extreme flying!---- I hope i havnt upset anyone--Just trying to help.
I hope Tarot reads this and takes this into consideration. v3.51 soon?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
H

A Good number for Pitch Cyclic has always been 12--12-----A Very good combanation!!--That setup work Awesome if you use the highe resolution(short dist from ball to screw center--also long distance on outer ring of swashplate--shorter dist on inner ring of swashplate) and as long as you can still get the travel needed----12-12 works Awesome--try it!----Every single bird i have has that--rex 700e--Logo 600se--2 500s,a 450,and a 250.-------The more cyclic the better--If you want to drop it down then--Use dual rates as to keep the resolution----Its all about resolution,---Pani--You can chime in anytime on this im sure,
Last edited by rotorboy2.4; Sep 20, 2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: info