HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:30 PM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
i had a couple tail losses a few days ago after upgraded to v3.5 firmware...
it never happen with v2.5 firmware...
still searching for the right settings for the tail...

some sloppy flying with zyx-3x1000 (cx gyro with zyx fw), testing how it hold with the new setting...
the motor slipped in the of the flight
Trex 450 Pro FBL, CX-3X1000 w/ Tarot ZYX v3.5 Firmware (2 min 18 sec)
krisnov is online now Find More Posts by krisnov
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
looks good, krisnov! well, other than the pinion slipping at the end...
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Here ya go.

Attachment 5115023

A little update...

I was able a while ago to get a Orange DSM2 sat to work with the zyx-s, so I bought some of the Spektrum DSM2 sats that TargetHobby had on sale. I was not successful in getting them to work. The Orange worked fine, the Spektrum sats, no luck. Would like to hear how others made out.

Glen
thanks bud exactly what i was looking for that helped got it working im using the dsmx sat on mine..

thanks again

Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnilsen View Post
Governor is a function on your ESC, not the gyro or your radio. So you might not have a governor option.

How do you know the PC doesn't recognize your USB dongle? The original software provided by Tarot requires the USB dongle to be on COM1 -4. If it is on any com port higher than 4 it won't see it. Check out this tutorial: http://fbl.net.nz/info/adapter for detains on the COM ports.

- Thomas
mine comes up as com port 5 and works fine
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Well thanks to Beenflying answering all my pms, and a bunch of you on here helping me out with all my fbl beginner questions i finally got my 450 in the air!!!!

not only am i new to flybarless set up, this is my first mini heli i ever built and flown, been flying micro's like the mcpx v2 for 9 months now.. This is my maiden flight with this heli right after setting up the zyx-s gyro

Tarot 450 Pro V2 FBL With ZYX-S Maiden Flight (1 min 55 sec)

couldn't really throw it around cause my piro's were so slow, and it also felt like it had some major built in expo, cyclic rate felt so slow tail held great but had some major wag but i fixed that in flight tail is now locked with no wag, but as for the rest of the issues i guess i messed up some where on the set up..

I used the soft 3d preset so that might also be the issue??

any advice would be greatly appreciated..

thanks again guys!!! y'all have been such great help on here!!!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Well thanks to Beenflying answering all my pms, and a bunch of you on here helping me out with all my fbl beginner questions i finally got my 450 in the air!!!!

not only am i new to flybarless set up, this is my first mini heli i ever built and flown, been flying micro's like the mcpx v2 for 9 months now.. This is my maiden flight with this heli right after setting up the zyx-s gyro

http://youtu.be/ZbhRN44K6CQ

couldn't really throw it around cause my piro's were so slow, and it also felt like it had some major built in expo, cyclic rate felt so slow tail held great but had some major wag but i fixed that in flight tail is now locked with no wag, but as for the rest of the issues i guess i messed up some where on the set up..
I used the soft 3d preset so that might also be the issue??
any advice would be greatly appreciated..
thanks again guys!!! y'all have been such great help on here!!!
Well done, that's impressive for a first flight on a 450 CP (if I read that right). Can you share your setup, ie electronics, pinion motor headspeed etc ?
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnilsen View Post
Governor is a function on your ESC, not the gyro or your radio. So you might not have a governor option.

How do you know the PC doesn't recognize your USB dongle? The original software provided by Tarot requires the USB dongle to be on COM1 -4. If it is on any com port higher than 4 it won't see it. Check out this tutorial: http://fbl.net.nz/info/adapter for detains on the COM ports.

- Thomas
i followed instruction and my pc cannot locate the drivers
piledrive is offline Find More Posts by piledrive
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:35 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Well done, that's impressive for a first flight on a 450 CP (if I read that right). Can you share your setup, ie electronics, pinion motor headspeed etc ?
Hi ahamay, Thank You

Yes First 450 Cp Flight, Been Flying The Mcpx V2 Prior To Flying The 450 Cp.. Was Really Nervous On This Flight, Plus It Was Really Really Windy..

Here Is My Setup:

Savox SH-0257MG Digital Micro Cyclic Servos
Savox SH-1357 Digital Mini Tail Servo
Castle Ice Lite 50 ESC
Scorpion 2221-2010 v2 motor
13T pinion
Gens-ace 1300mAh 6S battery
ZYX-S With DSMX Satellite Receiver

Not Sure What Head-speed Is Just Yet Will Tack It On My Next Flight
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, NJ, Vineland
Joined Aug 2011
135 Posts
Flybarless helis are relatively more stable (esp in wind) compared with flybarred helis.

Assuming all the helis are setup properly, a 450 flybarless heli is comparable in stability to what size flybarred heli (500,550, 600, etc.) ?
asolof is offline Find More Posts by asolof
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:26 PM
Gunny
Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
202 Posts
does anyone have a walk through for setting up the ZYX-S on a quadcopter?
fern420 is offline Find More Posts by fern420
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:36 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
I ask this over on the program thread and no oe has answered it yet , and I know it has most likely been cover before but I can't seem to find it using the search feature.

I updated one of my plan ZYX units with the new 3.5 zyx version firmware update as per the instructions.(I used the ZYX version update not the ZYX-s as this unit is one of the original units and not a s version)
Now all I get is the red LED flashes when I first lug the battery in for like a few seconds then goes out and I have nothing no LED's just like it isn't even plugged in.
Is there a fix to this ?
Has anyone else had this happen to their unit? If so what is the cause ?
Or is it just bricked now and I should get a new one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Sounds like the fw upgrade went sour. I'd flash the fw again and see if that fixes it.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:01 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
I can't get it to connect to the Tarot PC software, after the red LED stops flashing there is no sign of life.
Any other ideals?
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:33 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piledrive View Post
i followed instruction and my pc cannot locate the drivers
The USB driver can be found in the "driver" folder of the ZYX software. If you haven't done already, download http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/d...d/ZYX2.1EN.zip and unzip it to your local hard drive. Go to the driver folder once you have unpacked the ZIP file and run the *USBDRIVER.exe file. You will most likely have to reboot the PC. Unplug the usb dongle before rebooting and plug it back in once the PC is back online. Hopefully the device should then be recognized by Windows.

If you can't get it to work I could help you via a remote control session if you like. I'm on a GMT+2 timezone. Just PM me if you want to go down that route.

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:34 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
I can't get it to connect to the Tarot PC software, after the red LED stops flashing there is no sign of life.
Any other ideals?
You probably alrwady have done it, but is the RX and TX turned on and talking to each other?

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen