HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, TX, Natalia
Joined May 2007
28 Posts
Also cannot get John's interface to go to aircraft mode. I put in DX2 1 and aircraftin the setup page but the setup stays in the heli config. Any have a solution for hat problem?
richb77 is offline Find More Posts by richb77
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:06 AM
United States, TX, Natalia
Joined May 2007
28 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try
richb77 is offline Find More Posts by richb77
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:42 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Has anyone seen the HK-732MG mini tail servo?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23220

I've been doing some research and it appears to be the new Henge MD732 rebadged. Henge has put a lot of effort into this servo. Here are the specifications:
Quote:
Henge MD732 digital servos have following technique characteristics:
1. Use metal gears of high intensity and accuracy, and abrasion resistance to make sure the output deviation of servo veries small after long time running;
2. Use Japanese raw material to produce outer shell, which is more sturdy and durable and can beat 120℃temperature.
3. Use coreless motor of high quality to develop the efficiency and life of servo
4. Use potentiometers imported from Japan, which are of the same quality and type as Futaba servos, and the life can be 1,000,000 times.
5. MD732 applied to 450 and 500 helicopters locking the tail, and its function surpasses Futaba’s S9257.

SPECIFICATION:
Type: MD732
Operating voltage range(V): 4.5V-6.0V
Operating temperature range(℃): -20℃~ +60℃
Operating speed  0.09 sec/60°(sec/60° 4.8V)
        0.07 sec/60°(sec/60° 6.0V)
Torque      3.0 Kg·cm(Kg·cm 4.8V)
        3..5 Kg·cm(Kg·cm 6.0V)
Dead band width(usec): ≤3usec
Midpoint pulse: 1520us broadband
Maximum rotation angle: ±65°
Motor: Five-poles coreless cup
Size(mm): 35.0 × 15 × 29.2mm
Weight(g): 28g
Gear material: 6 metal gears
Connector wire length(cm): 21cm
I've also been advised that it can work at 333Hz.

This servo looks like it has great potential for the tail of the 450 Pro and 500 series of helis. I've even seen it selling for $35 as a Tarot tail servo, however HK only wants $15 for it. I have one coming to review, so I'll report back on what I think of it.

Henge MD732 on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150834240043

I also found this video of it being used with the ZYX:
ALZRC Pro V2 FBL test flight (4 min 25 sec)
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Sep 01, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:54 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I'll wait for you guys to test out and report on this HK product. I probably insulted someone tonight by discussing my HKS9257 failure. Sorry!
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
After my experience with the Henge 922/933 series, I'm not holding my breath on the 732. and those cases. The description of the case material sounds a lot like that for the 922, and those cases are flimsy and brittle like bagel chips.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:35 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
I had a great run with the Henge 922 and 933. My 922's on cyclic did over a 150 flights before one of the servo's developed a jitter. I never had a problem with the cases, even though I had several crashes.

I'm keeping an open mind. HK don't make the servos and as stated, Henge have tried to make it a good servo, by using quality parts.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:49 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Open minds are always good

My experience with the 922's was much different. They flew fine FB probably 150+ flights, but never flew quite right FBL - they were slow and sloppy and I cracked some of the mounting tabs while installing the servos, and definitely with ever crash.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:12 AM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,076 Posts
Really need some help!!!

I have been trying to figure out how to get my tail parameters set in the software.

To start, I have my TX gyro settings as follows: 70% HH mode / 30% Rate mode

On the first screen in the program, my tail gain is at default 100 (using 3D Soft)

When I go to the Monitor tab, it says to set the numbers to 0 using sub-trim. On the Tail gain slider, I cannot get mine to hit 0. My Gear sub-trim is currently at 0%. If I adjust it, I can get the slider to move but my sub-trim maxes out at + or - 62.5% which only gives me 28 on the slider in HH mode and -42 in Rate mode.

If I leave my sub-trim at 0, the numbers are 88 HH mode and -102 Rate mode.

The only way to get the recommended 36% / -36% is to leave sub-trim in TX at 0, go into Travel adjust (or end points) and change those values from 100% / -100% to 30.5 and -46.

I am concerned this is not set properly since I can't seem to get 0 using sub trim first. Can anyone please help? I have been struggling with this for a few days now.
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:37 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arey View Post
Sorry to hear about the crash Keris. I doubt it's the ZYX. With the right mechanical and program setup, I could never make the tail blow out on my 450 with the ZYX. Tried it on fast backward flight, hurricane, tail slide and funnel. Plus there's so much videos of the ZYX doing extreme 3D.

I do have Spartan Quark and Align GP790. And I've experienced tail blow out on both. But it's not the gyro. It's either binding, too much collective pitch, or not enough tail pitch. Or it maybe just a crappy servo.

Regards,
Arey
Thank for responding actually i don't know why this happen because i set it right and less vib as minima i can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Keris,

What tail servo are you using ? Is there any binding / slop in the tail mechanism ? What is your HS?

The only times that I have had tail issues with these it has been down to one of these things, not the unit or settings.

Cheers,
Mike
Thank Mike i use HK15158A before that use align Ds520 same result my HS i dont know but my Th curve is 100-95-100 pitch +-10 maybe i got it wrong somewhere the gyro still at default setup..

Thanks
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:40 AM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
mine also never had blown like that. bit but not much to make it out off control.
zhnme523 is offline Find More Posts by zhnme523
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:43 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,314 Posts
Here's a working buddycode for anyone interested link
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:51 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
thanks sp00fman
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:30 AM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Epic saving mate, just pulled the trigger on this one, I'll be using this one on my HK550 FBL.
Paul
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:31 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Really need some help!!!

I have been trying to figure out how to get my tail parameters set in the software.

To start, I have my TX gyro settings as follows: 70% HH mode / 30% Rate mode

On the first screen in the program, my tail gain is at default 100 (using 3D Soft)

When I go to the Monitor tab, it says to set the numbers to 0 using sub-trim. On the Tail gain slider, I cannot get mine to hit 0. My Gear sub-trim is currently at 0%. If I adjust it, I can get the slider to move but my sub-trim maxes out at + or - 62.5% which only gives me 28 on the slider in HH mode and -42 in Rate mode.

If I leave my sub-trim at 0, the numbers are 88 HH mode and -102 Rate mode.

The only way to get the recommended 36% / -36% is to leave sub-trim in TX at 0, go into Travel adjust (or end points) and change those values from 100% / -100% to 30.5 and -46.

I am concerned this is not set properly since I can't seem to get 0 using sub trim first. Can anyone please help? I have been struggling with this for a few days now.
i found out that you dont really need to make everything to 0 in the monitor tab...
the gyro is always assume everything is 0 every time it initialize...
no matter where your trims position are...

as for gyro gain you dont need to have the same exact value as the manual and you dont need to set 1 in rate mode and 1 in hh mode, as usualy we dont fly in rate mode except if you fly scale...
you can set both in hh mode as high gain and low gain value...
the recomended value is just for your starting point, you will need to adjust it later...
it's very dependent to your heli setup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
Thank for responding actually i don't know why this happen because i set it right and less vib as minima i can...

Thank Mike i use HK15158A before that use align Ds520 same result my HS i dont know but my Th curve is 100-95-100 pitch +-10 maybe i got it wrong somewhere the gyro still at default setup..

Thanks
wow, you can fly like that with only +-10 deg of pitch....

i had a few blown out too when upgraded to 3.5, never had it with 2.5 fw...
my tail got blown away even on slow inverted cw backward huricane...
few days a go i rebulid the tail and didnt see anything wrong...
so i tried the blade grip flip mod, thinking maybe the tail did not have enough pitch to counter the torque and add a few points on the gain...

now the tail held prety good, havent got any blown out...
but still, i dont fly as fast as yours...
krisnov is online now Find More Posts by krisnov
Last edited by krisnov; Aug 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
zyx.s s.bus problem

Hello, help is needed

I've for a while now been trying to set up zyx.s with frsky TFR8 SB using the s.bus.
But there is a problem when I'm testing in the software all the channels (exept for gain) are mixed, elevator is aileron, aileron is rudder and so on.
When I seting up the conventional way withouth using the s.bus all the channels comes out ok.
At the software receiver setup page it says:
"Enter the 'FUNKTION' menu of your transmitter, define the sequense of the channels as below:
1 Rudder J4 T4
2 Aileron J1 T1
3 Elevator J2 T2
4 Pitch J3 --
5 Gyro -- --
6 Throttle J3 --
As I now there is no way to change the channels in the transmitter. l have a futaba 10c.

Thanks,
sogum is offline Find More Posts by sogum