HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:23 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
It's funny how in all the other country's these two have been suing each other apple always looses, but in a California US court apple wins. I wonder were they found 12 people in California that didn't have a ipod product?
I am not in California but I have no Apple products
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Being a foreigner myself (on a US-centric, but international forum), and working for a US software company - a lot of people don't understand that other countries don't have the same laws / attitudes to certain concepts such as IPR / copyright.

I am not saying that either is right or wrong, just different ...
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:08 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
I'm wondering, could be this Turnigy servo rebranded KST DS115MG ?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...06sec_21g.html

Specs, case excepts sticker everything looks the same.
You can get the KST for a few dollars more than the Turnigy. I hear the Turnigy is just as good as the KST but not sure who makes it. They are both MKS clones. http://www.alofthobbies.com/kst-ds115-servo.html
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
But I checked the dimensions and realised that this servo fits for 450, not for 500
DerClown is offline Find More Posts by DerClown
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:31 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
Ok. Got my Tarot 450 Pro FBL all put together, gyro programmed, swash leveled and blade pitch spot on!

I took the main and tail blades off to spool it up and check over everything. All looks good. The only thing I noticed was my tail servo was very twitchy during the spool up. Is this going to cause a tail wag during flight or is this normal?

I am ready to take it out for her maiden but want to be sure I don't need to make any changes on the tail before I do. My current settings in my Tx for Gyro Sensor are HH 70% / Rate 30%. The settings in the Tarot software are: on main screen Tail Rotor Gain = 100 under the Monitor tab, Tail gain is HH 36% / Rate mode -36%.

Is there anything I should change or just go for it and see what happens? If it does wag too much, what settings do I need to change to fix it?

Here are some pics.
Name: Tarot 450 Pro 018.jpg
Views: 78
Size: 290.6 KB
Description: Name: Tarot 450 Pro 019.jpg
Views: 77
Size: 202.1 KB
Description:
Name: Tarot 450 Pro 020.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 171.9 KB
Description: Name: Tarot 450 Pro 017.jpg
Views: 73
Size: 280.8 KB
Description:
Last edited by nascar1929; Aug 25, 2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:34 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
Holly Monkey's!!! Did my first 450 maiden flight!!! I hovered it in the backyard and it lifted straight up nice and level. No tail wag or drift that I could see! This thing is awsome!!

Only hovered it for about 4 min about 5-7 feet off the ground to check all directions to see how it responded. Response was good and it hovered nice and level. Shouldn't need to make any adjustments right now.

I did notice as it was initially spooling up, the whole heli was jumping around on it's skids while on the ground. It smoothed out just a bit as I increased the throttle and got it off the ground. I think the blades are out of balance which I never checked. They are wooden blades and wanted to know how I could check the balance of the blades and correct if need be. I don't have a blade balancer, so wanted know if there was a way I could do it without one.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:52 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
today i take out my heli back with zyx on it after upgrade firnware V3 but it still the same for me tail blowout when do fast maneuver so this zyx back in to box....
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:28 AM
Philippines, NCR, Taguig
Joined Aug 2011
107 Posts
Tail blow out

Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
today i take out my heli back with zyx on it after upgrade firnware V3 but it still the same for me tail blowout when do fast maneuver so this zyx back in to box....
Sorry to hear about the crash Keris. I doubt it's the ZYX. With the right mechanical and program setup, I could never make the tail blow out on my 450 with the ZYX. Tried it on fast backward flight, hurricane, tail slide and funnel. Plus there's so much videos of the ZYX doing extreme 3D.

I do have Spartan Quark and Align GP790. And I've experienced tail blow out on both. But it's not the gyro. It's either binding, too much collective pitch, or not enough tail pitch. Or it maybe just a crappy servo.

Regards,
Arey
Arey is offline Find More Posts by Arey
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:41 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
Keris,

What tail servo are you using ? Is there any binding / slop in the tail mechanism ? What is your HS?

The only times that I have had tail issues with these it has been down to one of these things, not the unit or settings.

Cheers,
Mike
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:38 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Hi Guys, hope someone can help me out with an ongoing intermittent issue I have my my zyx-s and tarot pro v2. Basically the problem is that it will not turn to the right or pirouette right during forward or fast forward flight.... the nose gets to about 2pm and it will not go any further with full rudder until you pull some collective out to slow it down and then it will eventually whip around.

When I first built this heli I had an align ds420 on the tail and it has this behavior from day one which I've never experienced on my other HK450GT with zyx v1. Thinking it was the tail servo not having enough torque possibly I upgraded it to a DS520 and the problem went away...only to return later on with no mechanical change.

I've got about 8 degrees of counter pitch on the tail and the slider is moving to the max limits in HH mode as per the zyx software setup. I've replaced the tail rotor bearings and checked for binding and everything is super free and smooth. I'm certain that's it's not a mechanical issue but a zyx setup problem.

I upgraded the zyx-s to version 3.5 today and lowered the D gain on pitch roll to 10 but I didn't see any difference in flight.

I"m hoping someone here has the answer before I swap it with the non zyx-s v1 I have on my other heli to see if it solves the problem.

Cheers
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:54 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Ahamay,

I had exactly the same issue when I first set up my Tarot 450 and ZYX - it was exactly as you surmised - a not-strong-enough servo. In my case a DS520 sorted it all out, (I had similar issues with a couple of 450 SE V2's as well - also sorted with a better servo).

So long as you have a good strong servo, full pitch in either direction and a high headspeed you should be able to get a whip-free piro.

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
If you are useing a belt, maybe the belt is slipping!
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Ahamay,

Assuming mechanics are in order, no binding and smooth, and that you're flying in HH mode, dropping your tail gain a few points on the Tx should cure the piro stall in FFF and whipping problem.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:58 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
I think I've got my blades straightened out now. I got them balanced and then strapped the heli down to spin it up and check the blade tracking. The blades were apart almost 1/4". I got that fixed and fired it up again while strapped down. They seem to run nice and smooth and level with each other now. I took it out for a test flight and it was very smooth while spooling up. No jumping around like before. Looks like I got that taken care of.

Now I have to figure out some other issues. While test flying it, It was hovering nicely for about 20 seconds when all of a sudden the heli started oscillating side to side quite rapidly. I was able to land it and took off again to see what it would do. Smooth at first, then oscillating again. What can I do to fix this?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
@nascar1929
reduce your pitch and roll gains on the main page of the PC app.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M