Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:26 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Hey, guys. Just a heads up as to why I haven't been around much lately and my apologizes to anyone I haven't had the time to reply too. My sister passed away in her sleep on Sunday night. She was perfectly healthy and just had a full medical checkup. Initial autopsy can find nothing wrong, so we now have to wait months for other tests like toxicology etc. to come though. My guess is it was too much caffeine from Guyana energy drinks and coffee, which caused a seizure. Perhaps we'll never know.

It's been good just reading the posts I missed, which has taken my mind off it for a while. Sorry for interrupting the discussions. I'll look forward to being more involved again soon.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Aug 21, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
OMG. I'm so sorry for your loss, BF. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:45 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Hey, guys. Just a heads up as to why I haven't been around much lately and my apologizes to anyone I haven't had the time to reply too. My sister passed away in her sleep on Sunday night. She was perfectly healthy and just had a full medical checkup. Initial autopsy can find nothing wrong, so we now have to wait months for other tests like toxicology etc. to come though. My guess is it was too much caffeine from Guyana energy drinks and coffee, which caused a seizure. Perhaps we'll never know.

It's been good just reading the posts I missed, which has taken my mind off it for a while. Sorry for interrupting the discussions. I'll look forward to being more involved again soon.
So sorry to hear about your loss David..

My prayers go out to you and your family..

God bless..

Dave..
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:15 AM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,066 Posts
Sorry to hear about your sisters passing beenflying. I hope you and your family will find the answer soon and may God give you comfort during this tragic time.

Jason
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,036 Posts
BF,

Sorry to hear that mate - my thoughts are with you.

Best wishes,
Mike
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:07 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,015 Posts
My condolnces as well.

"too much caffeine from Guyana energy drinks and coffee" - we should all take note.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:31 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,835 Posts
God must of had plans for her that could not wait. Makes me wonder what's coming up?
My condolences
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:33 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

BF,

I am very sorry for you loss. I wish that you and you family will find out the cause of your sister death very soon.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is online now Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:33 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
My condolences..

I have a few questions. I'm going to convert my HK450GT to FBL. I want to use the Tarot FBL head and the ZYX-S.
From what I understand the ZYX-S supports the use for satellite receivers. Does this mean I can just plugin an OrangeRx R100 Satellite Receiver I have laying around? And if so how can I bind the heli to my TX?

Furthermore I will buy the Tarot head. Do I need extra things or will it just replace the FB head and the rest remains the same?

Sorry for the noob questions but this is my first FBL conversion. I can build, setup and configure a FB helicopter.
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Last edited by Chow; Aug 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
I am trully sorry for your loss Beenflying. The loss of a loved one is very painfull. Its good to see you back.
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
United States, NJ, Vineland
Joined Aug 2011
135 Posts
BF,

I'm very sorry for your loss.
asolof is offline Find More Posts by asolof
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:20 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
My condolences..

I have a few questions. I'm going to convert my HK450GT to FBL. I want to use the Tarot FBL head and the ZYX-S.
From what I understand the ZYX-S supports the use for satellite receivers. Does this mean I can just plugin an OrangeRx R100 Satellite Receiver I have laying around? And if so how can I bind the heli to my TX?

Furthermore I will buy the Tarot head. Do I need extra things or will it just replace the FB head and the rest remains the same?

Sorry for the noob questions but this is my first FBL conversion. I can build, setup and configure a FB helicopter.
Not sure about the OrangeRX R100. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

About your FBL conversion, it depends on what FBL head you go with. I just used this Tarot FBL head to convert mine. http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/mo...oducts_id=8741 It came with the 2 linkage arms that connect the swash to the FBL head. You can use your existing main shaft and swash plate with this one. If you go with the DFC head, you will need a shorter main shaft which it comes with. http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-dfc...b-p-63184.html You can use your existing swash and swap over the rotor head button from your FB head.
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
Sad to hear of your loss... Never easy to lose a family member
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:33 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
About your FBL conversion, it depends on what FBL head you go with. I just used this Tarot FBL head to convert mine. http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/mo...oducts_id=8741 It came with the 2 linkage arms that connect the swash to the FBL head
I'll go for the Tarot FBL head so that seems to be covered than. I will experiment with the satellite and if I can't get it to work I will use an ordinairy RX. I have those laying around also.
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
282 Posts
sorry for your loss

My condolences..
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars