SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noddyflyer View Post
i spent 50 quid on dsm2 stuff ,spectrum and orange only to get seriously pissed with the whole thing so i know how you feel. there comes a time when throwing money at the thing doesnt work and to cut your losses i dont think you will have a problem selling it. (i had to buy a dx8 cos the nabours wifi was interfearing with my original tx ..hk7x...mick
Any chance to think about Futaba system ? Now, ZYX-S supports S-Bus receiver which reduces the number of wires a lot.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
Any chance to think about Futaba system ? Now, ZYX-S supports S-Bus receiver which reduces the number of wires a lot.

Ching-Ho Cheng
And don't forget now fr sky is making s-bus rx's $39
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
And don't forget now fr sky is making s-bus rx's $39
I bought one from Alothobbies.com for ($39) too. HobbyKing has it for $37 + shipping and long wait time. However, when I received this RX, it looked used to me even though it was in original packaging. There are many scratch marks on the RX I have not power it up and bind to my T8FG yet, will try it tomorrow.

Does yours has scratch marks on RX ?

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:54 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,494 Posts
No maybe some small package marks right at the hump. Mine is all bound and working. I have three other none s-bus ones in my other helis.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:37 AM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
No maybe some small package marks right at the hump. Mine is all bound and working. I have three other none s-bus ones in my other helis.
I just did the binding, it bound to my 8TFG without any problem. I have the Futaba 6203B RX too. I will use this Frsky RX first.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:50 PM
Registered User
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
Looks like the Tarot ZYX-S does not work for me, after reading all these rave reports from you guys, I got a dud one and time to move back to the name brand gyro. If no refund from HK, I will trash it to the e-recycle bin at work. BTW, I got a used CX3x1000 from a member here, it works OK.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
Tribal69's Avatar
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estarter View Post
Looks like the Tarot ZYX-S does not work for me, after reading all these rave reports from you guys, I got a dud one and time to move back to the name brand gyro. If no refund from HK, I will trash it to the e-recycle bin at work. BTW, I got a used CX3x1000 from a member here, it works OK.
Don't expect a refund!
Tribal69 is offline Find More Posts by Tribal69
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
Looptastic!
sp00fman's Avatar
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,292 Posts
Today did my fist flight with the Align DFC head on my 250...... IT'S FRIGGIN' GREAT!
Even did a loop and some inverted hovering, and a rainbow. It feels just like my 450, except for collective control that is

I'm so super hyped up my 250 is finally air-worthy. HKSCM9-6 Singlechip servos all round. The tail reacts a bit sticky and drifty in a hover, but is fine in flight otherwise. Not sure yet what is causing that. I'll shoot a vid of it when i can.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:46 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Today did my fist flight with the Align DFC head on my 250...... IT'S FRIGGIN' GREAT!
.
You gotta make a video please SM
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
Registered User
Jimbo45cn's Avatar
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estarter View Post
Looks like the Tarot ZYX-S does not work for me, after reading all these rave reports from you guys, I got a dud one and time to move back to the name brand gyro. If no refund from HK, I will trash it to the e-recycle bin at work. BTW, I got a used CX3x1000 from a member here, it works OK.
Why trash it. I am sure someone from here would buy it.
Dont understand Why you can't get it programmed. Believe me, without Simons videos and John NZs software, I would have never gotten mine to work. As it was it took me about 4 or 5 hours. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
Why trash it. I am sure someone from here would buy it.
Dont understand Why you can't get it programmed. Believe me, without Simons videos and John NZs software, I would have never gotten mine to work. As it was it took me about 4 or 5 hours. Jim
+1 watch simon's videos!!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
Registered User
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
Can someone post the link of simon's video please.

I'd like to know if the ZYX-s can be revived from refreshing the firmware since the USB cable came with the unit. Actually, the servos are working when I connected to the gyro, it reacts when I moved / tilted the gyro, the problem is I can't get it in programming mode, can't change servo direction, endpoints . . . It also can't make connection to the software.

I haven't got a reply from HK, last time when I had a dud Flymentor unit, I had to send it back to HK warehouse for a refund.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2008
149 Posts
Can anyone suggest some tail settings, I cant get my tail to hold it rotates slowly counter clockwise looking at it from the tail. I am running a align ds420 on a 450 se v2. My current gyro settings are:

Soft 3d

Yaw Rate L - 40
Yaw Rate R - 40
Gain - 105

Advanced Tail Rotor:
Yaw P gain - 80
Yaw I gain - 50
Yaw D gain - 30

Accel L - 125
Accel R - 125
Decel L - 25
Decel R - 25
RC DB - 40
Gyro DB - 4
Tail Comp Cyclic - 0
Tail Com Coll - 0
Rjb23 is offline Find More Posts by Rjb23
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:13 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
PP,

Some more examples of my ZYX 250 ... by having the pins of the Rx at the back and the pins of the ZYX at the front, you can lose a lot of the cables in the length of the Rx - there is space to run the cables alongside the Rx.





Cheers,
Mike.
I missed this one! Thank you
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estarter View Post
Can someone post the link of simon's video please.

I'd like to know if the ZYX-s can be revived from refreshing the firmware since the USB cable came with the unit. Actually, the servos are working when I connected to the gyro, it reacts when I moved / tilted the gyro, the problem is I can't get it in programming mode, can't change servo direction, endpoints . . . It also can't make connection to the software.

I haven't got a reply from HK, last time when I had a dud Flymentor unit, I had to send it back to HK warehouse for a refund.
HK-450GT Flybarless Conversion - pt 4 - Radio and Software Setup (43 min 53 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New ALZRC 3GYS Flybarless System beenflying Mini Helis 644 Dec 07, 2012 04:44 AM
Found Tarot 450 or like, long flybarless feather shafts TubeBarHeli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 25, 2011 01:13 PM
For Sale New Align 3G Flybarless System V2.1 ptt81 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 06, 2011 04:55 PM
For Sale New 2 cell esc &motor FBL 4g6 spektromized DSM2 spektrum Sat URondo Flybarless system blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2011 06:09 PM
Discussion Tarot Flybarless avengedkevinfold Electric Heli Talk 1 May 04, 2011 04:46 AM