Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Dec 2007
1,027 Posts
Noddiflyer, pani, muskoka.. Thanks for your replies, I did read some of your posts on hf. Are you all using a dx8?

I actually didn't have a problem binding. I was even able to bind using only the sat without pre-binding with a full RX. Had it all setup and working but it started acting weird like not initializing sometimes, and makes the tail servo jitter, and won't run the motor at times. Once hooked up with a regular RX all issues go away.

Now just waiting for HK to reply back so I can just return this.
fretman is offline Find More Posts by fretman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Gillingham
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
have just installed thezyx/dsmxsat in my 250pro (just enough room under the servo plate the wires just clear the motor by 10 mm,hope thats enough) i just need to sort out a nasty vibe in the tail i can start putting some air time on this thing..mick
noddyflyer is offline Find More Posts by noddyflyer
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noddyflyer View Post
have just installed thezyx/dsmxsat in my 250pro (just enough room under the servo plate the wires just clear the motor by 10 mm,hope thats enough) i just need to sort out a nasty vibe in the tail i can start putting some air time on this thing..mick
1 cm clearance is a lot of space in 250. I had less than 1 cm clearance between the wires and motor and so far so good as long as those wires do not move in flight or vibration.

What kind of tail vibration that you are getting now ?

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
1 cm clearance is a lot of space in 250. I had less than 1 cm clearance between the wires and motor and so far so good as long as those wires do not move in flight or vibration.

What kind of tail vibration that you are getting now ?

Ching-Ho Cheng
the 1cm is the gap between the servo plug and the motor, there is adequit clearence just. the tt feels abit nochy the vibes are low pitch(possible cause is chipped gear)...mick
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Quote:
the 1cm is the gap between the servo plug and the motor, there is adequit clearence just. the tt feels abit nochy the vibes are low pitch(possible cause is chipped gear)...mick
Chipped gear, you meant the tail belt drive gear which is driven by the main gear ?

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
Quote:
chipped gear or could be notchy torque tube bearing.

Rico.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
i had changed the bearings earlier (havnt flown the pro for a few weeks) i will change the tt with the one on the se, im still waiting for the 450v2 head ceramic bearing set from hk its been out of stock for months. some of the bearings fit the tail shaft and make things really smooth. (untill then its hit or miss even with align....mick
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
ZYX-S In the Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4n5p0rt3r View Post
It's not a delta wing I already have a FY31AP in my delta wing and I didn't want to disassemble the FY31AP.

I tested it in a modified beginner plane (Westerly from Jamara).
This plane is absolutely no plane where you do aerobatics with, but with the zyx-s it flew like on rails through loopings (which it did not when I hadn't the zyx-s).
Till now I did four flights with the unit on this beginner plane and on all four I just tested some settings.
When I have more time I'll fine tune it and do more tests.
Maybe I'll buy one more...
I'd love to know what settings you have for the plane - I bought the ZYX-S for an HK-450 Pro TT FBL, but most of my flying right now is with a HK Bilxer (powered glider) so I can get my son flying - if it noticeably helps, I'd put it in the plane while I build the 450.
Also, regarding the HK-450, I've got close to 2 dozen extra screws, a length of plastic tubing, and even a couple extra ball links - adding to the challenge is the absence of any documentation or even photos - is that to be expected?
ZenReversal is offline Find More Posts by ZenReversal
Last edited by ZenReversal; Jul 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:25 AM
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
chipped gear or could be notchy torque tube bearing.

Rico.
the problem turned out to be ,main/tail drive bearing not seated properly (locktited the edge of the bearing ) no more vibes, i am realy pleased with the tarot tt .just need to decide which fbl head to use (dfc or old align fbl )....mick
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:54 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Quote:
the problem turned out to be ,main/tail drive bearing not seated properly (locktited the edge of the bearing ) no more vibes, i am realy pleased with the tarot tt .just need to decide which fbl head to use (dfc or old align fbl )....mick
Why not go with the Tarot fbl head?
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
Why not go with the Tarot fbl head?
i dont have the tarot fbl head just the align ones...mick
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,027 Posts
Letter back from HK doesn't sound promising about getting a refund, guess I was already expecting that.
Anyone want to buy a ZYX-S for $40? Works great with a spek rx, but does not work quite right when used with a dsm2 satellite.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fretman View Post
Letter back from HK doesn't sound promising about getting a refund, guess I was already expecting that.
Anyone want to buy a ZYX-S for $40? Works great with a spek rx, but does not work quite right when used with a dsm2 satellite.
use a dsmx sat works great ,i dont think you will get a refund the unit dosnt work with dsm2 so it isnt faulty ,the manual on the other hand is faulty...mick
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,027 Posts
Quote:
use a dsmx sat works great ,i dont think you will get a refund the unit dosnt work with dsm2 so it isnt faulty ,the manual on the other hand is faulty...mick
I think the problem I have with the dsm2 is different from your experience. I had no trouble binding, its just that the rudder goes crazy and the throttle is iffy with the dsm2 sat. Use a AR6100 and everything works like a charm.... You use the dsmx sat with a DX8 right? I have a DX7(no dsmx) and don't feel like experimenting anymore, with my luck I would end up needing the DX8.

It is a defective unit because they advertise it as it being compatible with dsm2, but know better than to argue something like that with a chinese vendor.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
i spent 50 quid on dsm2 stuff ,spectrum and orange only to get seriously pissed with the whole thing so i know how you feel. there comes a time when throwing money at the thing doesnt work and to cut your losses i dont think you will have a problem selling it. (i had to buy a dx8 cos the nabours wifi was interfearing with my original tx ..hk7x...mick