HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 10:31 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeallen View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think i have made my decision. I'm tired of messing around with cheap servos and they are what started my g-damn troubles with my gyro in the first place. Going to order up some 5065mgs. get some servos! get some servos! its your b-day! its your b-day!
Happy Birthday
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Jan 2010
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post

Ended up ordering a few Solar servos (D650 - 11g) from Hobbypartz for another 450 build I'm doing. Specs looked similar to the Hitec 5056 (the D650's have a bit more torque however), but the D650's are only $9 each. I read that a few others really liked the D654's (Hobbypartz was out of stock on those), they have more torque than the D650's but are slightly slower.
I have (3) sets of the $10 ea. Solar D654's on cyclic , in my ZYX equipped 450 Pro's & they all have worked trouble-free doing circuits,loops,rolls, & flips with well over a hundred flights between them
nute53 is offline Find More Posts by nute53
Old May 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
If it's too high the tail will rotate to the left on high pitch usage. You can see this when doing pitch pumps.
Thanks as always
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old May 25, 2012, 01:56 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
My experience has been that the important factor isn't whether or not the servos are analogue or digital but their quality.... My Protos has HS-85MG (analogue) connected to a 3X1000 and flies very tightly. I have a couple of 450s and a 250 on cheap digitals and they are loose and sloppy - the HS-85s are much better. I would be very very happy to use HS-65s on a 250 or 450 (I have them on on eof my only 2 remaining FB helis)

Cheers,
Mike.
+1 on that Mike. I started with cheap servos. Okay, I'll say it,...Walkera. Tried some other cheap servos for replacement. They were 100 Xs better but not like the hiTec. My EXI came with EXI213f and one of the motors burned out causing a bad crash. I was just learning and thought I had mad a mistake. I was also using that piece of crap tx that uses the T6 config to set up. Oh it works, just not very good. So, I bought a used DX7, HS 65MG servos AR7010 receiver. Didn't crash again for 500 flights. Thats what sold me on HiTec servos. When I built the MT, I got the HS 65MG for that and later just had to try the HS 5065MG and haven't crashed it yet. Then when I built the Tarot 500 with the FBL head I got the HiTec 5045 digital servos and never and any glitches or anything except the static issue which I got help fixing here.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old May 25, 2012, 04:32 PM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
747 Posts
I agree, I've used three HS 65 MG's since I started flying a 450 five years ago. I have just changed one gearset that was worn!
Ok, I am not a very frequent flyer, about 20 flights per month but still I think it is a very good performance of these Hitecs.

I just changed to an Inolab tailservo of about 36 dollars. So far it's a lot faster then my old 9650......too soon to tell if it is going to last though. But the 9650 was a bit too slow for the ZYX.
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old May 25, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nute53 View Post
I have (3) sets of the $10 ea. Solar D654's on cyclic , in my ZYX equipped 450 Pro's & they all have worked trouble-free doing circuits,loops,rolls, & flips with well over a hundred flights between them
I'll be honest. I have been waiting for a few of you guys to shake down these servo. Glad to know they are reliable. I may pick up a few this summer for my 3 FBL helis....
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old May 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
Happy Birthday
Thanks - Its also a great excuse to use on the wife when she wants a chore done! I usually try to stretch it through the week before and week after and wring it for all its worth.
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Old May 25, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Hello,

Im building my first heli, Tarot 450 pro FBL, Everything has gone smoothly on the build, but it has come time to program this beast...! Im using the Tarot ZYX and the usb cable along with John_NZ's software, I hooked everything up, besides the servos, power on the TX and then the ESC, gyro initalizes, red light, then With the program open usb in computer I plug in the cable to the ZYX hit connect,Three green lights, says im connected to the Tarot ZYX, BUT... select FC3, then i go into setup, first screen monitor screen, say to move the sticks, well i get no stick movement???

ar6100e binded to DX7 signal wire on top
I have the ZYX pit/elv/aux plug going white into pitch red into elv black into gear, rud to rudd, ail to aile
ESC is castle ice 50

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
EGG_ is offline Find More Posts by EGG_
Old May 25, 2012, 08:47 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,283 Posts
Well providing you have the radio set for single servo H1 i.e. no swash plate CCPM mixing then plug the aileron lead from the gyro the opposite way.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old May 25, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
The radio is set to 1 servo normal, some how i had a program mix on...geez...turned it off and ill have to try tomorrow, thanks for the help I hope it works...!
Old May 26, 2012, 04:01 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,344 Posts
Question about JOHNNZ software:
Is it safe to use his latest 1.21 software or is it best to stick with the 1.16 stable version?
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old May 26, 2012, 04:12 AM
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleflex View Post
Is it safe to use his latest 1.21 software or is it best to stick with the 1.16 stable version?
Yes I use it too no problem.
Look at the versions history to see what has been changed version to version.
John is doing a great job !!
Tribal69 is offline Find More Posts by Tribal69
Old May 26, 2012, 07:00 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleflex View Post
I use 1.21 all along without any problem at all.

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old May 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Well providing you have the radio set for single servo H1 i.e. no swash plate CCPM mixing then plug the aileron lead from the gyro the opposite way.
Ok so I turned off the prgm. mix, I also didnt have the gyro turned on or setup in the TX ,did that, flipped the alie lead into my RX and still nothing???

the signal wire is white from the zyx, top wire?

I also cant get anything to save onto my gyro? I select a mode, go into setup, make all my selections I hit force update, and nothing is there when i plug it back in, ive save to a folder and can pull that up and but when i go to close the program software a "warning" pops up says "not all message have been sent to the gyro".
Last edited by EGG_; May 26, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old May 26, 2012, 02:19 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
883 Posts
Hook up your tail servo.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart