HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:35 AM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,503 Posts
Cant wait to get this installed on my copterX 250, Once I get it setup correctly I will let my friend fly the snot out of it to see how good this thing is.
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2011, 01:42 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPitch View Post
Just finished converting my Blade 400 to the ZXY03 combo and did a quick maiden flight before work this morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elcoVHVmn5c

Yes!
Managed to sneak in a quick test before the wind started up today, and (unlike the video above) after getting the binding sorted and replacing the stock servo with a $3 HobbyKing HKSCM9-6, the tail is now completely locked on full pitch-pumps and not a bit of bounce-back from a hard stop on fast 360 piros in either direction. Yes! Will post an updated video once the Santa Ana's stop blowing later this week...
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old Dec 04, 2011, 05:31 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Question. The manual asks to program the servos for the frame rate. Is there a way to know the pulse wide frame rate for a servo unless it is stated by the manufacturer? I was planning on using the exi d213f mg servos. Does anyone know what it is for this servo? And, is it important?
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:14 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
The ZYX currently only allows you to select (using the Tx) whether the cyclic and tail servos are digital or analog. The servos you are planning to use are digital.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 04, 2011, 07:58 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie T View Post
when u flip just make sure ur about three mistakes high...the easiest way to flip is to pull the cyclic towards you so the tail goes under and the nose is pointing towards you...it'll stay nice and level when u do this...no sideways crap like with a flybar...make sure u ad in a little negative collective, make sure ur in idle up, LOL, no joke, ask me why I know this...anyway...what i did was immediately flip it back cuz i wanted to make sure i was compfortable with a bail out procedure...pretty soon i waited longer and longer to flip it back until i got comfortable with it inverted and the next thing i new i was naturally and comfortably hovering inverted nose in...my first time wasnt quite like that though, i burried it into the ground...but hey...i guess thats what comes with this hobby...i think it would have been alot easier if i learned all what i know now while using this fbl system instead of with a flybar...i have way more confidence with it now...keep us posted Bro.
I gave it a go with success. At about 1:18. Thanks for the encuragement.
Flip (1 min 45 sec)
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Dec 04, 2011, 09:49 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
http://youtu.be/07S62cCYqes
that was beautiful...i remember my first flip...i wish i was there to see the look on ur face...theres nothing that can bother me for the rest of the day after i do a new move...im finally doing piro flips with my 450 and they rock...this tarot system is awsome...its pissing all the vbar and beastx guys off cuz it works and its fifty bucks...but then again, were not pushing it all that hard...im still gonna get a vbar and a beastx just to compare...but in the mean time...Lets Roll !!!!
Louie T is offline Find More Posts by Louie T
Old Dec 04, 2011, 10:23 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
http://youtu.be/07S62cCYqes
Very well done!
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old Dec 04, 2011, 11:30 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie T View Post
that was beautiful...i remember my first flip...i wish i was there to see the look on ur face...theres nothing that can bother me for the rest of the day after i do a new move...im finally doing piro flips with my 450 and they rock...this tarot system is awsome...its pissing all the vbar and beastx guys off cuz it works and its fifty bucks...but then again, were not pushing it all that hard...im still gonna get a vbar and a beastx just to compare...but in the mean time...Lets Roll !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPitch View Post
Very well done!
Thanks
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Just got my tarot fbl system with 250 fbl head. I've noticed that there is alot of play on the blade grips along the spindle. Am I missing something? Is there suppose to be another bearing in the blade grips?
BouncingProtos is offline Find More Posts by BouncingProtos
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:54 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
This is covered by BeenFlying here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=25 , here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=27 , and here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=28 .

I di dexactly the same and "glued" the bearings into the grips with green threadlock, no problems since in about 20 flights
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Thanks for the links. How deep did you glue the bearings inside the grips? Can you post a close up pictures please and thankyou
BouncingProtos is offline Find More Posts by BouncingProtos
Old Dec 05, 2011, 03:09 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncingProtos View Post
Thanks for the links. How deep did you glue the bearings inside the grips? Can you post a close up pictures please and thankyou
BF's pictures are here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=28 - personally I just put some loctite on the outer shell of the bearings and pulled the grips apart and left it to dry like that, job done Don't forget centrifugal force will pull the grips out in use
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:39 PM
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Hey

New to the forum (so please don't bite my head off lol)

I've just purchased the HobbyKing HK ZXY 3 axis flybarless system after seeing it in this thread and wanting something lightweight but pricey enough to push an order over $100 ( i really wanted one of those free gifts)

I've now got one of those Buddycodes that will make the price of it $43.80 and get me a discount too if anyones interested?

Is it ok to post it here or is that particularly bad form? Or is there somewhere else in the forum best to post it?
gilb55 is offline Find More Posts by gilb55
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:46 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilb55 View Post
Hey

I've just purchased the HobbyKing HK ZXY 3 axis flybarless system after seeing it in this thread and wanting something lightweight but pricey enough to push an order over $100 ( i really wanted one of those free gifts)

I've now got one of those Buddycodes that will make the price of it $43.80 and get me a discount too if anyones interested?

Is it ok to post it here or is that particularly bad form? Or is there somewhere else in the forum best to post it?
Well you could just post it. I've never seen anybody's head bit off.
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:07 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilb55 View Post
Hey

Welcome! By all means, post away. That would be an excellent price for the ZYX.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying