SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:37 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Finally put in a full good maiden at lunch, was a little too windy for a maiden with gray skies, but I was determined to fly it. I swore to myself that I would just hover and do some light circuits to get used to it ... F that after my initial hover and setting expo to 40% and tail gain to 70 (Dx7) straight to inverted flight and full speed aerobatics LOL.

Iíve been reading about how FBL will increase headspeed, lighten AUW and in general make the bird more responsive ect Ö OMG WTH HOLY COW DONKEY PUNCH, NOTHING IíVE READ PREPARED ME TO WHAT I JUST EXPERIENCED. She is a new bird, a BEAST now.

WOW soooo responsive with the increased headspeed, I run a flat 100% but I think I may go down to 85%.

People say it flies on rails, YO THIS THING FLIES ON RAILS NO JOKE

Can you tell Iím a bit excited, seriously a FBL system under $100 that on my initial maiden handled 15mph wind gusts and just blew me away in everything I was hoping!

Thanks, it was the Expo that made me feel like I had to fight it, I'm used to 12% expo but with this crazy fast setup I had to move expo to 40% like you said and it's great!
im right there with ya bro...my 450 is a whole nuther bird...i love it!
Louie T is offline Find More Posts by Louie T
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:09 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie T View Post
im right there with ya bro...my 450 is a whole nuther bird...i love it!
Yeah, I can't do 3d yet but this is a dfferent heli now. I have 500 flights on this BlueRay and maybe this is what I needed to do my first flip
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Dec 02, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Yeah, I can't do 3d yet but this is a dffirent heli now. I have 500 flights on this BlueRay and maybe this is what I needed to do my first flip
when u flip just make sure ur about three mistakes high...the easiest way to flip is to pull the cyclic towards you so the tail goes under and the nose is pointing towards you...it'll stay nice and level when u do this...no sideways crap like with a flybar...make sure u ad in a little negative collective, make sure ur in idle up, LOL, no joke, ask me why I know this...anyway...what i did was immediately flip it back cuz i wanted to make sure i was compfortable with a bail out procedure...pretty soon i waited longer and longer to flip it back until i got comfortable with it inverted and the next thing i new i was naturally and comfortably hovering inverted nose in...my first time wasnt quite like that though, i burried it into the ground...but hey...i guess thats what comes with this hobby...i think it would have been alot easier if i learned all what i know now while using this fbl system instead of with a flybar...i have way more confidence with it now...keep us posted Bro.
Louie T is offline Find More Posts by Louie T
Old Dec 02, 2011, 07:15 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
565 Posts
Just finished converting my Blade 400 to the ZXY03 combo and did a quick maiden flight before work this morning...

Blade 400 FBL with Tarot ZYX - Maiden Flight (6 min 11 sec)

Yes!
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old Dec 02, 2011, 07:49 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
Glad to see your happy too, like everyone that tries it. Do you have your gyro set in 3D mode?. Mine has the same bounce that I can't get rid of but didn't stop me from flying it. I heard that 3D mode, tail bounce is not so much a problem.
Nice flip. I think I'm ready to try it now.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Dec 02, 2011, 08:45 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
845 Posts
Zero, where are you flying with that BLUE SKY in the background?

Sort of looks like So Cal or Orange County, but definitely not Seattle. Wish I had that nice weather here...

Was it windy or is the heli moving around during the initial lift off above sidewalk just normal or something related to the gyro? Seems like you were all over the place there. I'm watching this thread and trying to get motivated to order the FBL setup for my EXI Pro.

Thanks for sharing.

Blade
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Glad to see your happy too, like everyone that tries it. Do you have your gyro set in 3D mode?. Mine has the same bounce that I can't get rid of but didn't stop me from flying it. I heard that 3D mode, tail bounce is not so much a problem.
Nice flip. I think I'm ready to try it now.
Yes, set to 3D mode. The bounce could be because I using a 62mm CF tail blade and stock E-Flight tail servo. Gonna move the ball in one or two holes to see if it fixes it. If not, it's way worth upgrading the tail servo... love the way she flies now!

On the flip, just man up and go for it! With 8 deg cyclic, you can see how tight the loop was. Just practice on the sim from FF and ease down on the pitch as you approach the top and add it back in smooth as you come around the bottom.

And... Don't forget... Start 3 mistakes high ;-)
Last edited by ZeroPitch; Dec 03, 2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:46 PM
Joined Sep 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
Zero, where are you flying with that BLUE SKY in the background?

Sort of looks like So Cal or Orange County, but definitely not Seattle. Wish I had that nice weather here...

Was it windy or is the heli moving around during the initial lift off above sidewalk just normal or something related to the gyro? Seems like you were all over the place there. I'm watching this thread and trying to get motivated to order the FBL setup for my EXI Pro.

Thanks for sharing.

Blade
LOL, you got it nailed... yes, Orange County :-)

I was dialing down the gyro gain for the first few lift offs; it was way too high and causing bad tail wag. Plus, it was windy, there were people walking in my flight path, and... ok... so I was a bit nervous, hehe. I think once I had gain set and got out of ground effect, it smoothed out quite a bit. Also, the B400 tends to pivot on the ground when spooling up.

Dude... just get one! I love the difference it's made on my B400. I can tell I'll be flying the heck out of it for quite a while! Eventually, I may move the FBL to my Trex 450 PRO when I want even MORE performance... or just order up another one, lol.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 12:45 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,315 Posts
NO WAY!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_System_.html

HobbyKing now carries the ZYX!

bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Dec 03, 2011, 12:55 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
it would be nice if they had the 250 fbl tarot head aswell.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Dec 03, 2011, 01:21 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
845 Posts
Grew up on Balboa Island. Those trees and the slope/bank just looked like OC.

Wish I still had a house on the Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPitch View Post
LOL, you got it nailed... yes, Orange County :-)
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Dec 03, 2011, 02:02 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
NO WAY!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_System_.html

HobbyKing now carries the ZYX!

Definitely no way! A Hobbyking ZYX. What happened to Tarot ZYX? I would have thought Hobbyking would have one like the CopterX, at $30.

Only $2 difference to Infinity Hobby. I'll stick with Infinity Hobby. Their shipping speed and service is just amazing, not that Hobbyking is bad, Infinity has been exceptional.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:12 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Definitely no way! A Hobbyking ZYX. What happened to Tarot ZYX? I would have thought Hobbyking would have one like the CopterX, at $30.

Only $2 difference to Infinity Hobby. I'll stick with Infinity Hobby. Their shipping speed and service is just amazing, not that Hobbyking is bad, Infinity has been exceptional.
Agreed. There doesn't seem to be an advantage to getting one at HK unless Infinity is sold out.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:55 AM
Pensacola, FL
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
+1 for Infinity Hobby.
Jhook is offline Find More Posts by Jhook
Old Dec 04, 2011, 01:20 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,090 Posts
The only issue that I hads with my ZYX was in FFF prios - this is on my T250 clone - I had a suspicion hat the culprit was the Henge 922 servo so I swapped this for a Robbe 61 (an oldie but good spec) and the previous behaviour (struggling to get past 90 degrees and the tail wag from hell) has disappeared
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC