HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
sorry again.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Nov 26, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
Ok, I have my Blueray with Tarot FBL head and 3x gyro all set up. I flew it in the backyard and its good. The tail does have a bit of a bounce like was said earlier. I was not real sure about piro compensation setting. I didn't try any piros yet but will it fly good if thats not set right? Also not sure about 3x gain on cyclic. I tried to ajust it but not sure if I did.
Anybody thats going to set one of these up, I would suggest reading the guide on page 5.
http://www.raptortechnique.com/tarot/index.html
It would have saved me a lot of time if I had read that first
Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:49 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,856 Posts
For the piro optimize, you should be able to get this right on the bench. It's very obvious when it's wrong and it's actually easier to do this one from the Tx (without a data cable attached, like the 3GYS needs).

Just make sure you do your first piro high up. I've read that someone who had it wrong almost crashed...
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
Thanks, I dont think I did It fast enough(within 40sec)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
The piro compensation seems to work up to 180 degrees then starts to not tilt the same way. But I guess as long as it works for 90 degrees its ok.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:32 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,856 Posts
You have to keep the rotation speed as constant as possible. Make sure you are looking for the swashplate tilting towards the same place in the room and not the same place on the helicopter.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:35 PM
Pensacola, FL
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
Hey guys real quick question regarding setup. It says to put 40% Expo on Alieron and Elevator in the manual but doesn't say to do it to rudder. Should I go ahead and put 40% on rudder as well for Expo?

Thanks
Jhook is offline Find More Posts by Jhook
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,784 Posts
Is there just 2 settings, blue or red on piro compensation setting?
Thanks for your help.
Hi jhook, I put 30% expo for rudder later on.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:37 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,856 Posts
Yes, the piro optimize is just two settings, normal or reverse.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:08 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,140 Posts
Need help, just installed this in my T-Rex 250, this is my first FBL setup and I think I might have the 3 gyro gains too high at the default setting.

Basically I hovered it after I installed it last night and felt like I was fighting for control from the system.

There was a good amount of wind outside and am used to being on the sticks constantly using muscle memory for compensating for wind and drift, I think my old habbits of being in control was making it hard to control. Will lowering the gains help make it more like it was when it had a FB? I'd like to gradually get used to having the heli take control rather than me, or is this something else I'm just not used to?
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:57 PM
$$$'s vs Skill
United Kingdom, England, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Gosh, I though marketing it with a head was a clever move. I wonder why they are stopping it. It's not like they weren't selling.

I think CopterX will clean up with Tarot's box being so far away. $30 for the CX-3X1000 gyro and $50 gyro/program box combo and the gyro in a metal case. I've looked at both the boards, the components and quality are identical.

I wonder how much the Tarot programming box will be. I suspect they will only sell programming boxes now to people that already have the ZYX installed.
Check out eBay for the program box, Forcehobby currently sells them for $35.98, free shipping. Looks rough at the moment, but if you can't wait for the casing to be designed it will do.
Fpvicv is offline Find More Posts by Fpvicv
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Need help, just installed this in my T-Rex 250, this is my first FBL setup and I think I might have the 3 gyro gains too high at the default setting.

Basically I hovered it after I installed it last night and felt like I was fighting for control from the system.

There was a good amount of wind outside and am used to being on the sticks constantly using muscle memory for compensating for wind and drift, I think my old habbits of being in control was making it hard to control. Will lowering the gains help make it more like it was when it had a FB? I'd like to gradually get used to having the heli take control rather than me, or is this something else I'm just not used to?
i flew mine with 40% expo on ail and ele...15% on tail with 70% D/R...i kept all the gains in default, i dont really know how to adjust them and right now i dont see a need to....ill wait for the box to do that stuff...also, make sure u set ur tail servo travel limits properly on the zyx system...mine flew similar to what u described cuz i didnt set that up right...since i set it up its solid and stable...just flew four batts today and my piroflips are solid and so is everything else...good luck...also, remember, slop is an enemy to fbl.
Louie T is offline Find More Posts by Louie T
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:58 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpvicv View Post
Check out eBay for the program box, Forcehobby currently sells them for $35.98, free shipping. Looks rough at the moment, but if you can't wait for the casing to be designed it will do.
Thanks for this! Interestingly, it looks like it has a smaller display than the other units.

Decision time. Buy a box for the two tarot ZYX units I have or buy more CopterX CX-3X1000's. Hmmm...

And FYI, you can also get a bottom metal case for the Tarot ZYX now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-ZYX-Fl...item2569aeed0a
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:08 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie T View Post
i flew mine with 40% expo on ail and ele...15% on tail with 70% D/R...i kept all the gains in default, i dont really know how to adjust them and right now i dont see a need to....ill wait for the box to do that stuff...also, make sure u set ur tail servo travel limits properly on the zyx system...mine flew similar to what u described cuz i didnt set that up right...since i set it up its solid and stable...just flew four batts today and my piroflips are solid and so is everything else...good luck...also, remember, slop is an enemy to fbl.
Good to hear it's working well for you also. My 250 was the same, except I'm using 90% D/R. I 100% agree about the slop.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:21 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,140 Posts
Finally put in a full good maiden at lunch, was a little too windy for a maiden with gray skies, but I was determined to fly it. I swore to myself that I would just hover and do some light circuits to get used to it ... F that after my initial hover and setting expo to 40% and tail gain to 70 (Dx7) straight to inverted flight and full speed aerobatics LOL.

I’ve been reading about how FBL will increase headspeed, lighten AUW and in general make the bird more responsive ect … OMG WTH HOLY COW DONKEY PUNCH, NOTHING I’VE READ PREPARED ME TO WHAT I JUST EXPERIENCED. She is a new bird, a BEAST now.

WOW soooo responsive with the increased headspeed, I run a flat 100% but I think I may go down to 85%.

People say it flies on rails, YO THIS THING FLIES ON RAILS NO JOKE

Can you tell I’m a bit excited, seriously a FBL system under $100 that on my initial maiden handled 15mph wind gusts and just blew me away in everything I was hoping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie T View Post
i flew mine with 40% expo on ail and ele...15% on tail with 70% D/R...i kept all the gains in default.
Thanks, it was the Expo that made me feel like I had to fight it, I'm used to 12% expo but with this crazy fast setup I had to move expo to 40% like you said and it's great!
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau