HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:00 PM
Connecticut
Joined Oct 2008
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

The Mi servo I used are the same ones that are working well in my Gaui 425. They are HK28013DMG. They do have one issue. The top bearing has to be glued in the case to remove a small amount of slop between the bearing and the case. I was hoping this would be fixed with the latest 3 servos I got, but they were still the same. Once this is done though, they are an excellent servo.

not to derail this tread...

I also noticed slop at the top bearing in mine.....I was planing on cracking them open to see what was going on and if I can eliminate it...so all thats needed is to have the top bearing secured?....What did you use to "glue" the bearing to the plastic case?...Loc-tite won;'t work as it will melt the plastic..
ptflyer is offline Find More Posts by ptflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:18 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Yes. I used gap filling flexible CA. Most gap filling CA's would do the job. E6000 would be another good choice. Clean the bearing and case well before gluing and don't get any glue in the bearing.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:40 PM
Connecticut
Joined Oct 2008
127 Posts
cool...thanks....I'll have to pull them apart and take care of that...
ptflyer is offline Find More Posts by ptflyer
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
BF,

Whats up....Well everyone, I got my digital pitch gauge in today and started tuning up the 600. Im dead nuts zero at mid stick, 12 full positve and 12 full negative.... ( adjusted to that with travel adjust on radio)..Started to check ail and elevator pitch and ran into issues....I got 6.5 ish on the aileron but somewere in the ball park of 16 on elevator??? I tried to adjust with the epa on the radio (jr9303) and got no adjustment.... Would you use the servo limitations in the gyro?...Kind of confused, please help.. Thanks in advance!
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:32 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Sounds like you have accidentally lowered the aileron limit but I can't understand how you can get more elevator than collective. It's hard to know without a program box. You might need to reset the gyro and start again.

FYI, EPA's have no effect on the ground, only in the air (stick input is rate of change).
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:37 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Another thought, you are checking elevator and aileron with the collective/throttle at center stick (zero pitch)?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:44 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
Flew today some 3d, tail holds well through tail slides and inverted backward loops. Heli nods when hovering inverted though, and I've noticed it fidgeting a little in flight..I guess this is gyro gain on the head? I'll have a look at it tonight.

Thanks for the info on the Mi's beenflying, I'll have a look at them, although it seems a shame to dump my old digital Futaba S3150's...how slow is too slow?
If you fly smooth 3D your Futaba S3150's will be fine. Futaba make a great servo and they're very reliable. For a 500 0.16 to 0.13 is normal, anything less is very good.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:48 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
I would never suggest setting pitch up that way. I would always setup mechanically with 0 12 and 12. Make sure you don't have a pitch curve. When programming the travel limits you usually set that in the gyro at least in the Vbar and 3gys its that way. So if you setup radio before setting up the gryo you are likely running into something there. But in my experience setting up mechanically first saves tonnes of tweaking an strange adjustments. Just my 2 cents
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:40 AM
Joined Sep 2010
12 Posts
take a look at this folks!
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/n...ewsdesk_id=635
yourbighead is offline Find More Posts by yourbighead
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:01 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbighead View Post
Thanks YBH, I haven't received my gyro yet from cy model but will probably wait to install it till this becomes available.
Thanks for sharing
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:03 AM
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubache View Post
I would never suggest setting pitch up that way. I would always setup mechanically with 0 12 and 12. Make sure you don't have a pitch curve. When programming the travel limits you usually set that in the gyro at least in the Vbar and 3gys its that way. So if you setup radio before setting up the gryo you are likely running into something there. But in my experience setting up mechanically first saves tonnes of tweaking an strange adjustments. Just my 2 cents
Im not sure what your saying by mechanically??

Swash is level, phasing arms are level, servos are 90 degres, everything mechanically is set perfect.

I have gone through the gyro and setup all the parameters correctly and made sure everything was working correctley..

Last and final check before putting it in the air was to set pitch... Powered up the heli, Set stick to center, and checked it at zero, it was. Pushed stick up to full +....Got around 16 deg.....Dialed it back to 12 with travel adjust on the pitch in the radio. Same thing on the neg side....

Went to do the same with aileron and elevator and just wondering if I need to adjust it with the gyro or the radio??
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbighead View Post
nice!!!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Gillingham
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
just recieved my tarot xyz, been trying to set it up it seems pretty streight forward but my hobbywing esc is getting hot (2a) is this normal for a 2a bec or do i need more amps, been looking for a cheep way to get into fbl
noddyflyer is offline Find More Posts by noddyflyer
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:54 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noddyflyer View Post
just recieved my tarot xyz, been trying to set it up it seems pretty streight forward but my hobbywing esc is getting hot (2a) is this normal for a 2a bec or do i need more amps, been looking for a cheep way to get into fbl
Is it getting hot during set up ? I have often found that ESCs don't like being powered up for long periods of time and get hot, I would suggest turning it all off every 15 or 20 minutes
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Gillingham
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
have to turn it off after about 5-7 minuts. have hk 5a sbec to install just wondered if its worth doing it. 25a esc+2a bec or do i need 3a at least its on a t250se
noddyflyer is offline Find More Posts by noddyflyer