HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Hiya Kidz!

Sometimes the true measure of a man is understanding his limitations.

As always, you guys have been GREAT so I am posting here 1ST!

For sale: One Tarot ZYX and 450 FBL head. Neither used.

For sale: One HK 500 Flybar head

CONUS and Pay Pal only!

Look around the forums, been here for years!

PM me!

Best to all!

Brian
Pm sent
BouncingProtos is offline Find More Posts by BouncingProtos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:25 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
Yay! It flys!...My HK250 is up and running with the ZYX stuck on the side frame (my Rx is too big for all to go inside the frame), I was worried it was going to be hard figuring out the setup, but it was pretty easy.
However my tail servo is crap, and I still have the same bounce as with my el cheapo GY520 gyro, so I've ordered a new one. I'll post some more when I've got the tail sorted.

Thanks for posting all the gotcha's beenflying, there were no issues on the maiden flight. I'll have to get a few more of these puppies.
Glad I could be of help, and great news that you have it flying.

I flew my 250 ZYX this morning as well. It was dead calm and I couldn't resist a flight at home before heading off to work. I wanted to try some FFF piros, as some have been saying it wont do them well, but I had no problems at all. They were very smooth and didn't whip. I have to say, even though it's a ridiculous price, the DS95i on this heli has transformed the tail.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:17 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
i ordered the tarot fbl head gyro comb for 86.99 w/free shipping.

I got my shipping notice from cy-model so they say they sent it out. If i actually get this i think its a good deal for total of 87.00.
+1 :d :d :d
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:48 PM
State College, PA USA
Joined Oct 2005
16 Posts
Yep, ordered mine from cy-model today as well. Will see how it goes!
RobK is offline Find More Posts by RobK
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:19 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
This thread just died or something?
BouncingProtos is offline Find More Posts by BouncingProtos
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:58 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
nope i think there are a several people having trouble setting up fbl units. I mean it's not just tarot fbl it's also copterx. And most people seem to be too busy scratching their heads on how to configure and install an fbl unit. But i'm preety sure once someone make a setup and install video of a copterx or tarot fbl, there would be a flurry of people liasing with each other. I haven't bought an fbl unit yet as i missed out, but i'm also scared in the installation and configuration of any fbl units. so that's what's holding me back atm.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:23 AM
State College, PA USA
Joined Oct 2005
16 Posts
That, and waiting for shipping... I had never ordered from CY-model before, and just jumped on it since the Tarot ZYX & 250 head were in stock there and Infinity had been out for a while. I guess I should have looked into them (CY) a bit first... saw this thread today upon googling "CY-Model shipping" since I was a little curious why after 5 days it had not shipped yet.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818667

I guess "In-stock" should not necessarily produce any hopes that you are actually going to see the item any time soon. Sometimes when it's free shipping... you get what you pay for I suppose. Oh well... not in a huge hurry luckily. The 3 weeks or so that it is likely to take won't kill me. ... of course this is me only at day 5...

(Incidentally, it looks like the ZYX unit & 450 head combo came back in stock at Infinity again a couple days ago.)
RobK is offline Find More Posts by RobK
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:35 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncingProtos View Post
This thread just died or something?
In my case I just put it on, set it up, and it works - nothing else to say
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:00 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
In my case I just put it on, set it up, and it works - nothing else to say
+1. My 250 couldn't be flying better. Setup was a breeze.

I now have a 500EFL Pro all setup ready to go. Just need a motor now.

Beware of CNC Helicopter xmhobbies. Very poor quality parts and poor service.
Last edited by beenflying; Mar 18, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Woo hoo! Fixed my crappy tail servo...Fitted a Futaba S9257 on my HK250 tail, yes it was overkill, but I know they work well on 250's, and it was only 20 on eBay.

Anyway the HK250 with the Tarot FBL box and 250 head is GREAT! It's flying as solid in the air as my Mini Titan. I have no tail issues its smooth, it's piro is consistent both directions, and stops dead on the spot. I have no FBL rate wobbles or weirdness, the 250 flys better now than its ever done before, I'm very impressed. Plus its nice to have the 250 fly FFF, without having to care about any correction on the roll axis.

Tonight on maiden (with the new tail servo) I tried FF piro circuits..no problems, the tail piro comp works well for me too. I ran out of light tonight, so tomorrow I'm looking forwards to giving it some 3d, and seeing what it goes like.

My setup HK250, Align main and tail blades
3xHenge MD933's
1xS9257

Arcright: Like beenflying, I have 'no' odd kicking either...I think if your getting that, then the 3in1 is probably getting too much vibration. There's a mention of that in the manual.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Last edited by Pigs dont fly; Nov 19, 2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:05 PM
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I now have a 500EFL Pro all setup ready to go. Just need a motor now. Today I fitted the CF pushrod
Very nice..
Btw: Which servos did you use? My500's up for the OP next, I saw they were Mi's but which ones?

Cheers
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Hi PDG

Ill have a look I guess that I may have to use the metal spacer between two layers of foam. One thing I also think is happening is the jumping tail gets worse as the battery voltage drops not sure if this indicates a specific problem or not?

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:29 PM
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright View Post
Hi PDG

Ill have a look I guess that I may have to use the metal spacer between two layers of foam. One thing I also think is happening is the jumping tail gets worse as the battery voltage drops not sure if this indicates a specific problem or not?

Arcright
As the battery sags, so the vibrations will lower in frequency, so it may well get worse.
If you look at the tip of your tailfin when in flight, is it vibrating? Are the servo cables etc going onto the unit itself, slack so they soak up the vibes?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Woo hoo! Fixed my crappy tail servo...Fitted a Futaba S9257 on my HK250 tail, yes it was overkill, but I know they work well on 250's, and it was only 20 on eBay.

Anyway the HK250 with the Tarot FBL box and 250 head is GREAT! It's flying as solid in the air as my Mini Titan. I have no tail issues its smooth, it's piro is consistent both directions, and stops dead on the spot. I have no FBL rate wobbles or weirdness, the 250 flys better now than its ever done before, I'm very impressed. Plus its nice to have the 250 fly FFF, without having to care about any correction on the roll axis.

Tonight on maiden (with the new tail servo) I tried FF piro circuits..no problems, the tail piro comp works well for me too. I ran out of light tonight, so tomorrow I'm looking forwards to giving it some 3d, and seeing what it goes like.

My setup HK250, Align main and tail blades
3xHenge MD933's
1xS9257

Arcright: Like beenflying, I have 'no' odd kicking either...I think if your getting that, then the 3in1 is probably getting too much vibration. There's a mention of that in the manual.
Glad to hear you got yours flying well. It really does transform the 250, and a big +1 on fixing the 250's tendency to roll on forwards and backwards flight. This was the thing that made me most want to convert it to FBL.

Quote:
Very nice..
Btw: Which servos did you use? My500's up for the OP next, I saw they were Mi's but which ones?

Cheers
The Mi servo I used are the same ones that are working well in my Gaui 425. They are HK28013DMG. They do have one issue. The top bearing has to be glued in the case to remove a small amount of slop between the bearing and the case. I was hoping this would be fixed with the latest 3 servos I got, but they were still the same. Once this is done though, they are an excellent servo.
Last edited by beenflying; Nov 19, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:21 AM
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Flew today some 3d, tail holds well through tail slides and inverted backward loops. Heli nods when hovering inverted though, and I've noticed it fidgeting a little in flight..I guess this is gyro gain on the head? I'll have a look at it tonight.

Thanks for the info on the Mi's beenflying, I'll have a look at them, although it seems a shame to dump my old digital Futaba S3150's...how slow is too slow?