HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Can't get the ZYX software to work on my PC , what is the trick?
Have you installed the USB driver, and then rebooted the pc?
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,746 Posts
Yes I did

Those other files on the other link I can't use because they are RAR files and I don't have the software to open them.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
I have Hobbywing Pentiums in my airplanes and they are great. I wasn't expecting this Hobbywing Pentiums 40 to fail, just glad it happened on the ground.
I can't tell the difference any more with the clone helis with the original align heli, the only thing that sets them apart would probably be the electronics for sure. ESC and GYRO are the first thing I would consider being replaced on the clones. ESC= Align/Kontronic/Castle, Gyro=FBL/Quark.

Other than that the clones flies just as good as the original. From what I see on youtube. You guys are so lucky you got your helis configured nicely.

Mitch bossin his tarot 450 pro (5 min 7 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:43 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Pick'n'mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I can't tell the difference any more with the clone helis with the original align heli, the only thing that sets them apart would probably be the electronics for sure.
I can still tell the difference between an Align mainshaft, that comes with great shims and plain shank Jesus bolts, and the regular HK ones, that almost always need a bit of work, like dressing off weld spatter and so on. Align tail rotor shafts are also better quality and a snugger fit in the bearings, and of course there are as yet no clone helical gears and pinions to the best of my knowledge. I'll probably buy an Align swash for my 450 Pro too, since the HK one is getting sloppy (after only 150 flights! )

So there is still a bit of a difference between Align stuff and clone stuff, but of course you can mix and match and come to your own balance of quality/cost. In fact I only ever bought a pack of three Align mainshafts, and having crashed them all, I'm still using the shims and Jesus bolts that came with them, but I'll buy more shafts one of these days.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:33 PM
Georgetown, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Jul 2004
47 Posts
I reset the model and the zyx and now i do not need to trim hardly at all. problem solved just not sure how i got that way in the first place
soupy01833 is offline Find More Posts by soupy01833
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Dec 2010
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupy01833 View Post
can someone explain this. when I move any servo by hand with out a battery installed I can get my receiver and zyx to light up like i am turning a hand held generator? is this static or something else?
I've seen this too and i was worried that I zapped all the electronics! But luckily no issues. I was pulling my boom out and forgot to take the servo arm loose and the servo went zeeerp! That's when the controller lit up. I imagine e faster you move the servo the higher the voltage. To high and damage may occur!
Pitchlynn is offline Find More Posts by Pitchlynn
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
19 Posts
Any suggestions as to which preset paramater would be good for a pilot that flies circuits and the occasional loop?

I ordered one of rdlohr's gyro trays for my sport to hopefully give me some flexibility in mounting. Can I go ahead and connect everything to the fbl unit and go through the setup as long as the gyro is not moving around or do I need to wait for when I have it "permanately" mounted?
Slowbar is offline Find More Posts by Slowbar
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
839 Posts
Quote:
I can't tell the difference any more with the clone helis with the original align heli, the only thing that sets them apart would probably be the electronics for sure. ESC and GYRO are the first thing I would consider being replaced on the clones. ESC= Align/Kontronic/Castle, Gyro=FBL/Quark.

Other than that the clones flies just as good as the original. From what I see on youtube. You guys are so lucky you got your helis configured nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXq86...1&feature=plcp
I agree but so far the ZYX gyro has done a nice job (I hear you want to get the latest firmware, which mine has). So, I'd say the ESC is the only upgrade for me. If the ZYX starts to fail, I'll probably look at the BeastX stuff or AR7200BX.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
I agree but so far the ZYX gyro has done a nice job (I hear you want to get the latest firmware, which mine has). So, I'd say the ESC is the only upgrade for me. If the ZYX starts to fail, I'll probably look at the BeastX stuff or AR7200BX.
For sure! Nothing can beat the Microbeast (Made in Germany!). But the Tarot ZYX fbl is definately a bang for buck, especially for those individuals, who are on struggling times, but still yearns for fun. The Tarot ZYX gives people like me such a wonderful opportunity. Many thanks for your flight video, hope to see more of your 3D skills soon. I'd be looking out for you on the next 3D masters!! Thank you.
Last edited by pitchp; Mar 12, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
839 Posts
Quote:
For sure! Nothing can beat the Microbeast (Made in Germany!). But the Tarot ZYX fbl is definately a bang for buck, especially for those individuals, who are on struggling times, but still yearns for fun. The Tarot ZYX gives people like me such a wonderful opportunity. Many thanks for your flight video, hope to see more of your 3D skills soon. I'd be looking out for you on the next 3D masters!! Thank you.
I cant take credit for any flight videos. I'm a fixed wing pilot learning to fly heli's with an MCPx and Tarot 450 Pro FBL. A major accomplishment for me is a successful takeoff, hover, and landing without tipping over and trashing the blades. I'll be making epic videos in a few years
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Yes I did

Those other files on the other link I can't use because they are RAR files and I don't have the software to open them.
Having finally sorted out the CX software to connect to my 3x1000, I think that your trouble is likely linked to selecting the right Com port. It seems like any of the USB driver files work with any of the FBL programs. Some versions of the software don't have a box where you can select the com port, but the latest CX software, and all of John_NZ's allow you to do that. If you can't open .rar files, you might try downloading the software, either zipped or unzipped, from John_NZ's site, linked to by BF in the start of this thread. The only drawback is that it doesn't support the "conditions" feature yet, but otherwise it seems like the most polished interface, and you can even select from different colour schemes.

Oops, John_NZ's software can be found here! getting my threads mixed up!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 2Doggs; Mar 12, 2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Link!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:26 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,746 Posts
I got it to connect about half the time , but Ican not get the firmware to upload to the ZYX program. It asks for a HEX file and I can not find the firmware update file when I click on the "open" button . Starting to think this program and software does not like Windows Vista???
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
did you unzip the hex file in a different folder, then try to open it with the program?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,746 Posts
Hell I can't even find the file to unzip it , and even if I could I'm not sure I would know how to unzip the damn thing .

They made this way more complicated then it needs to be for a computer dummy like myself.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
lol anyways when you find the hex file, copy it and paste it in My Documents, then try loading it again. Apparently the program doesn't like that folder that the hex file is in.

Some one should really make a finless bob CX fbl video, and a Tarot, it really would make life much easier.