HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,764 Posts
alright...I'll wait for either the V2 with satallite or once we know the V1 can do it too.
(which as has been said...wouldn't surprise me at all...decoding ppm is not hard)
mattijs321 is offline Find More Posts by mattijs321
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:43 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattijs321 View Post
alright...I'll wait for either the V2 with satallite or once we know the V1 can do it too.
(which as has been said...wouldn't surprise me at all...decoding ppm is not hard)
Yeah, I too strongly doubt that any hardware will have to be upgraded.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, PA, Archbald
Joined Oct 2002
274 Posts
Hello,
I have the Tarot 450 FBL head and after my first crash when replacing the feathering shaft I noticed that there are no thrust washers. In searching I can not find a diagram for the Tarot head only the Align heads which do have thrust washers. Do the tarot FBL heads not come with thrust washers or are they just missing from mine? Thanks a lot,

Bob
bob swika is offline Find More Posts by bob swika
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:18 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,092 Posts
I'm pretty certain that mine came with thrust washers - the manual is here http://www.kingwjg.com/tool/PRO%20FB...E%E4%B9%A6.pdf
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Oct 2002
274 Posts
Thanks. I couldn't find the manual? I have another being delivered today, I will check that one to see if they are there. Thanks a lot.

Bob
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Jan 2010
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob swika View Post
Hello,
I have the Tarot 450 FBL head and after my first crash when replacing the feathering shaft I noticed that there are no thrust washers. In searching I can not find a diagram for the Tarot head only the Align heads which do have thrust washers. Do the tarot FBL heads not come with thrust washers or are they just missing from mine? Thanks a lot,

Bob
The Tarot fbl head (blade grip) definately has thrust washers just like the Align head. I haven't had to replace any parts yet , but the 450 Pro (Align) feathering shaft looks to be a direct replacement,so I would bet the thrust washers would also work, however I haven't test fit them . Had the Tarot head apart initially when greasing the thrust washers,& lock-tighting the feathering shaft screws before final assembly.
nute53 is offline Find More Posts by nute53
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Oct 2002
274 Posts
Thanks a lot. I will definitely be switching to the new head tonight and ordering some washers.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:38 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,210 Posts
Elevator & Pitch channel swapped !!

I hooked up everything between R617FS receiver and the ZYX gyro in my 250. The strange thing was that when I raised the throttle stick, motor spin up as it should but swashplate tilted to forward. When I moved the elevator stick forward, swashplate move up !!! The elevator channel (2) and pitch channel (6) were swapped. I double checked the connection from ZYX to R617 receiver, wiring was correct: RED wire connector to channel 2 (Elevator), WHITE wire connector to channel 6 (pitch) and BLACK wire connector to channel 5 (Gyro Gain).

When I hooked up the programmer box to ZYX gyro and went into Monitor menu. It showed the correct channels movement. When I moved the throttle stick up, the C value changed between -128 to + 129. When I moved the elevator stick forward and backward, the E:L and E:R values changed between -98 to +99.

Therefore, programmer box was showing the correct movement and range values but not the 3 cyclic servo themselves. Also, I had to set channel 3 to REVERSE in my Futaba T7C in order to get the ESC to drive the motor. Otherwise, motor did not turn at all and ESC went into setup mode.

Any suggestion is appreciated to fix the elevator and pitch channels.

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:52 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,653 Posts
Servo reversing in TX?

I had something similar with my CX 3x1000. For some reason, the only way I could get it to work was by swapping the aileron servos - so that the right servo plugged into CH2 and the left one into CH1 on the controller - otherwise, the swash moved up and down with elevator input, and tilted with collective inputs.

I eventually discovered that I could resolve it by reversing the elevator servo in my TX - I had set everything up with all the servos set to "normal" in the TX, rather than a mixture of normal and reverse.

Then, having resolved it, and ignoring the conventional wisdom of "if it works, don't unscrew it!", I tried setting the elevator servo to normal again in my TX. Lo and behold, I was able to simply reverse the elevator servo in the controller software and everything was working. So it was like some sort of glitch, which I somehow corrected.

I do know that the initial state, having to swap servos on CH1 and Ch2 was real, since I must have put in at least 80 flights with that setup.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:20 AM
Joined Aug 2010
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
I hooked up everything between R617FS receiver and the ZYX gyro in my 250. The strange thing was that when I raised the throttle stick, motor spin up as it should but swashplate tilted to forward. When I moved the elevator stick forward, swashplate move up !!! The elevator channel (2) and pitch channel (6) were swapped. I double checked the connection from ZYX to R617 receiver, wiring was correct: RED wire connector to channel 2 (Elevator), WHITE wire connector to channel 6 (pitch) and BLACK wire connector to channel 5 (Gyro Gain).

When I hooked up the programmer box to ZYX gyro and went into Monitor menu. It showed the correct channels movement. When I moved the throttle stick up, the C value changed between -128 to + 129. When I moved the elevator stick forward and backward, the E:L and E:R values changed between -98 to +99.

Therefore, programmer box was showing the correct movement and range values but not the 3 cyclic servo themselves. Also, I had to set channel 3 to REVERSE in my Futaba T7C in order to get the ESC to drive the motor. Otherwise, motor did not turn at all and ESC went into setup mode.

Any suggestion is appreciated to fix the elevator and pitch channels.

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

I know what the problem is, I was playing with this exact same thing last night. You need to go into the ZYX01 software and then go to the SERVO REVERSE page. Play around with Channel 1 and 2 by setting one to normal and the other to reverse or vice versa until you get the right combination. In my case, I set Channel 1 to Reverse, Ch2 to Normal. Channel 3 is easy, if you have it set to normal in the software and it is backwards, all you need to do is reverse the servo on your Futaba. Also, triple check the Gyro orientation after you get this done to make sure the gyro is sending the proper leveling commands (GYRO REVERSE page of the ZYX 2.5 software) In my case, gyro leveling was reversed and when I rolled the helicopter, the gyro sent correction signals to increase the roll instead of commands to level the helo. Changing the gyro orientation to REVERSE fixed the problem.
thekubiaks is online now Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:29 AM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,210 Posts
Thank you for all the information to fix this elevator/pitch channel swapped issue. I will try the fix tonight.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:21 PM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,210 Posts
I followed the instruction and went into the servo reverse menu of John's ZYX software, Channel 1 was in reverse mode and channel 2 & 3 were in normal mode. I changed channel 1 back to normal, no luck. Then I kept channel 1 in normal and changed channel 2 to reverse. Everything worked right away ! The only thing left was the pitch in opposite direction (stick up, pitch down and vice-versa). I will try to reverse channel 3 to see whether that will fix the pitch direction.

Thanks for the great help. I can now continue the setup of the gyro.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:27 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
I followed the instruction and went into the servo reverse menu of John's ZYX software, Channel 1 was in reverse mode and channel 2 & 3 were in normal mode. I changed channel 1 back to normal, no luck. Then I kept channel 1 in normal and changed channel 2 to reverse. Everything worked right away ! The only thing left was the pitch in opposite direction (stick up, pitch down and vice-versa). I will try to reverse channel 3 to see whether that will fix the pitch direction.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Now that you have every swash plate direction correct on the servo reverse page except the pitch direction, you can correct the pitch direction by changing the sign of the collective range adjustment. So if you are using say 70, change it to -70 and that will reverse the pitch direction. Don't change the servo 3 direction to try and change the pitch direction, that will just screw everything else up.
After you have all the directions correct for pitch, elevator and aileron, you then need to check the gyro compensation directions are correct and after that, that the piro compensation direction is correct.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Aug 2010
875 Posts
Quote:

Ching-Ho Cheng
Glad it worked, all you need to do for pitch is reverse the servo direction on the FUTABA, not the ZYX software.

I did my maiden on the Tarot 450 Pro FBL yesterday with 3D Soft and all settings as recommended by the Tarot 450 manual. The only thing I changed in the software was the TAIL ROTOR RC DEAD BAND changed from 64 to 10 (on the Advanced Setup Page). The Tarot 450 hovered hands off, super stable and easy to fly.
thekubiaks is online now Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:04 AM
Georgetown, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Jul 2004
47 Posts
can someone explain this. when I move any servo by hand with out a battery installed I can get my receiver and zyx to light up like i am turning a hand held generator? is this static or something else?
soupy01833 is offline Find More Posts by soupy01833