HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
Discussion
EZ-XPORT on Parkzone P-47 and Habu (Sonic Combat, Aerial Drop)

It has been a while since my latest post on the EZ-XPORT so here is an update on the product in use.

The EZ_XPORT is a microprocessor based PCB that converts a standard RX output (3-pin) to one that an XPORT device can understand, such as the Sonic Combat Module. All you need is an extra servo port on your RX like the GEAR, AUX1, or AUX 2. You also have the ability to have the "5 second motor kill" when using the sonic combat modules or you can bypass it. For those of you who may have started out on the Hobbyzone planes, you probably enjoyed the use of the XPORT modules. As you move on to other planes, you are not able to use them because the port connection did not exist on other transmitter/receiver combinations. The EZ-XPORT changes all of that.

If you love flying these Parkzone Warbirds or other MFG models, you have to try the Sonic Combat module! Dog-fighting with electronic firing and kills is such a blast and makes fling so much more fun. Just search for EX-XPORT with google and you-tube and you will see a lot of information on it.

Price is $35 and $5 for worldwide shipping, no matter how many you orde, shipping remains at $5. I sell them directly using Paypal and you can make payments to johnpunningham@yahoo.com, just like a purchase off of EBAY.
Enjoy,

JC
johnpcunningham is offline Find More Posts by johnpcunningham
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:55 PM
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
awesome!! but if it doesn't shut down the motor how do you know if you've scored a hit?
chadow427 is offline Find More Posts by chadow427
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:55 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
It does shut down the motor, just like the original Hobbyzone stuff did. You can bypass it if you want - like if you have a very expensive plane and do not wish to kill the motor. Does not matter if it is electric or gas.

The Sonic Combat module has a loud speaker in it that beeps multiple times when you are firing and beeps for 5 seconds when you are hit. This along with the motor kill lets you know that you have been hit.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:38 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Oct 2004
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpcunningham View Post
It does shut down the motor, just like the original Hobbyzone stuff did. You can bypass it if you want - like if you have a very expensive plane and do not wish to kill the motor. Does not matter if it is electric or gas.

The Sonic Combat module has a loud speaker in it that beeps multiple times when you are firing and beeps for 5 seconds when you are hit. This along with the motor kill lets you know that you have been hit.
Does the firing beep sound different from the hit beep?
rockin' roller is offline Find More Posts by rockin' roller
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
When you fire, the speaker "twiddles" which means it tries to sound like a machine gun. A series of beep-beep-beep-beep-beep. Then it stops and waits for the next firing and does the same thing again.

When you are "hit" the speaker sends out one long "beep" for about 5 seconds so you know for sure you have been hit. If you enable the motor-kill option, you have no power but full control of all of the control surfaces (aileron, rudder, elevator). To date I have never been put into the dirt due to the motor being killed for 5 seconds.

One thing, the speaker is VERY loud. If you can see the plane, you can hear the speaker without a doubt.

You guys really need to do this if you fly the Warbirds. When I got into this hobby it was always a childhood dream to fly RC. I did and once I got good, the newness started to wear off and flying was still fun, but not like in the beginning. With combat and flying with my buddy, every flight is different and a battle. Then we take a break, fly some gliders on some thermals, and then go back at it again.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:33 AM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,439 Posts
Cool...and there was a nifty little review done on this thing a while back.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1105533

Andy
dee-grose is online now Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:55 AM
New Brunswick, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
32 Posts
Email right?

Hey JC;

Looks like your missing the C out of your email account? Tried to send you an email and it got bounced back?

These look like a lot of fun, have the Parkzone Corsair and Me109 that need this!

AL
Bunting Tosser is offline Find More Posts by Bunting Tosser
Old Jan 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
I've got the EZ-XPORT on the Corsair, P-47, and the T28. To date, we have found that the P47 and the T-28 are the best for combat. Corsair does great but due the the "bend" in the wing, it starts to flex alot unless you add in some support rods prior.

A lot of people are using the EZ-XPORT, which is great, but I'm surprised more are not. If you have someone to fly with, I say it is a must to have. Otherwise, you are missing tons of combat fun.

JC
Old Jan 06, 2012, 03:29 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,439 Posts
I still haven't tried combat using my EZ-XPORT. It's still doing a great job running the drop module on my Super Cub. My brother and I have discussed equipping a couple of the new ParkZone SE5a's with combat modules and EZ-XPORTs. Sure would be fun to have some true WWI-style furballs going on up there!

Andy
dee-grose is online now Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:42 PM
Did I do that?
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
I have one of your EZ-XPorts, it's the bomb baby!!

Thanks for making them!!
Pete
oldguy68 is offline Find More Posts by oldguy68
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:47 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,145 Posts
Looks like you're about to have some competition. Guy from HH just announced in the Albatross thread that they're coming out with a similar product to run between the AR600 and the sonic combat module.

I can wait for some WWI combat. My ez-xport is in my T-28. Loads of fun.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:41 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
The mother of necessity!!!

At first I built this just for me and my flying buddy to do combat. Then it was a thought that maybe someone might be interested in it. I hope HH makes one of their own or buys my design and markets it as their own. They can certainly have it. I really do sell it right around the cost to make them; in hopes everyone can use the XPORT modules on any plane. And the combat in the air is the best! Especially the smack talk before you get in the air- bring it on!

So, no competition, just welcoming a new friend That is, if they put one out for real.

JC
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
olderthandirt
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
JC,

What is the lead time for 2ea? Contact info? I see conflicting emails and two of my attempts bounced.

TM
olderthandirt is offline Find More Posts by olderthandirt
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:49 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,196 Posts
JC,
Are you still making these? I had sent several emails and PMs a while back wanting to order 4 of them. Just want to make sure you have them.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2012
1,088 Posts
I picked up 2 sonic units and 2 PZ adapters. A buddy and I were thinking about using my Stuka (tail gunner) against his P47. I have several small cameras on mine and was thinking about adding 1 to his, just for kicks. Has anyone looked into doing the sonic combat w/FPV? I've got another buddy working on the electrics to set off a smoker when hit w/sonic, instead of cutting throttle.
I have video of the P47 on my tail and it just makes me giddy watching it, cracks me up.
Loukhan is online now Find More Posts by Loukhan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fleet