HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:15 AM
One
Seattle
Joined Feb 2003
1,630 Posts
Corsair...... by e-flightline w/ vids

Good day Guys,

As most of you know we use videos to show how our upgrade motor packages fly in the GWS warbirds. Well there are some new ones if you have not been there in a while. Here is the link to the Video page. A new Corsair one just posted tonight !

www.e-flightline.com/movie.htm

The two main upgrade packages we offer are well represented and you can see how each of them is a MAJOR upgrade in power and speed.

We have also formed an unofficial warbirds squardron the "Hornets Nest" we have a video of our last get together there as well. Some of the planes are stock and some are flying the with the upgrades. But the most important thing is we have a great time flying formation (very loose) and mixing it up!! If you live in Western Washington and would be interested in flying with us we would love to have you come out and join us. Just email me and Ill let you know what and were we will be. ( splash@e-flightline.com ) We have all different skill levels so dont be afraid to come out and bring your trainer and we will be happy to help if we can.

Any feed back on the videos would be great. If you want to see the plane in some aspect that we are not showing just give me a shout......Im not a very good pilot so no request to hoover (YET).

If there is anything we can do for you please just let us know.

Have a great night guys.

Splash
Splash is offline Find More Posts by Splash
Last edited by Splash; Sep 16, 2003 at 01:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2003, 09:10 AM
N.Y.
Joined Jan 2003
887 Posts
Why is it that I get the sound fine but see no video? I am using windows media player.
MAKODS is offline Find More Posts by MAKODS
Old Sep 16, 2003, 09:32 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
You need Media Player 9 to view the movies.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:49 PM
One
Seattle
Joined Feb 2003
1,630 Posts
Yes I think you need to update the media player or I know it will play on the REAL ONE player as well.

Let me know if you still cant get it.

Splash
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:21 PM
Tiger Moth fan
Sumner, WA
Joined Jul 2003
268 Posts
the latest IE 6 SP1 update fixed my issues with Media Player 9.
Brain_Washed is offline Find More Posts by Brain_Washed
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:22 PM
N.Y.
Joined Jan 2003
887 Posts
Thanks I will check it out.
MAKODS is offline Find More Posts by MAKODS
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:28 PM
Tiger Moth fan
Sumner, WA
Joined Jul 2003
268 Posts
brushless Corsair experience....

Hey Guys!

Anyway, I just watched the Corsair video footage. It turned out awesome with the Black Sheep music. Great work Jeff! Really nice stuff. We need to get a few Corsairs up and set it to that tune.

Tale of a fool in love with a plane:

On my way home I swung by the school yard on my bike, and it was full of soccer urchins. Drat! I hurried home to maximize daylight and when I finally got there I was bummed that I couldn't fly. What to do? Put on your stupid cap and fly a high power, heavy and fast brushless cruise missile in the neighborhood, right? Oh boy...

I quickly tacked the landing gear on the Corsair and straightened my bent drive shaft in the bench vice after realizing that I in fact did not have a new one. Put the bird together and ready for a ROG take off. The weight of the extra batteries was flexing the landing gear all the hell, which surprised me, but I was not to be thwarted. I needed my fix, dammit. Get the women and children indoors and clear the cul-de-sac, there a man with a mission coming through!

After a quick control surface/throttle check I fire walled it. It cranked up to flying speed fast. VERY fast. Wow, it doesn't seem this fast down at the school yard. Note to self, brushless motors are very powerful. My neighbor were on hand with their 8 kids (you guessed, their Mormons!) and they loved the vertical take off and the victory rolls at the top. They didn't know that the victory roll was not my doing. GLITCHING! What was cool a second ago is now suddenly very scary. I have a fast mover in the neighborhood with glitching. NOT good. I realize that now would be a good moment to take the stupid hat off and land that plane before it turns into a neighbor killing weapon of mass destruction.

I managed to do two medium speed (about full throttle speed for stock) circuits of the area fighting the glitching and trying to get it to come in on a nice approach down the road in front of the cul-de-sac. The plane slows down really well and has good slow speed handling thankfully, but it still a pretty heavy feeling plane compared to stock and once it's slow it doesn't want to change direction quickly and it no longer want's to float the way the stock plane did. The landing was pretty hairy with the wings jerking and twitching around like they were, but it came down looking smooth and graceful from a distance.

Woah. I was shaking like a man in a heroin detox program. That was REALLY stupid.

Note to self: Don't fly brushless planes in the neighborhood. No matter what.

The glitching turns out to be caused by the antenna wire coming loose from it's tape and flapping against the elevator control rod. It must have gotten tangled there on that vertical take off and glitched the hell out of the RX. Scary ****.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson with the Xbow in the tree, but NO. LOL

Upside:

The neighbor was gushing over how cool the plane looked and that GWS gearbox and 11x7 getting driven hard sounded awesome. He wanted me to fly it again, and I just told him he needed to come down to the field next time and fly with us. Besides, I was shaking too bad from the flight to even think of trying flying again, whether I was at the house or the field! Yikes! I wanted to say that he wouldn't have been happy if I had put the plane into the side of his mini van... Man, am I glad that that didn't happen. L

Bottom line, the brushless Mega-Corsair is a "large area, low people count" airplane. Any level headed person would have known that. Duh. Next time I am about pull a tard-a-riffic move I'll call one of you guys and you can talk me down, okay?

Anyway.... On ward!
Brain_Washed is offline Find More Posts by Brain_Washed
Old Sep 16, 2003, 04:59 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,936 Posts
Another great vid splash

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Sep 16, 2003, 10:21 PM
Clueless, but trying
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined Nov 2001
752 Posts
I was smiling all the way through!!! I used to love watching that show as a kid, made me appreciate those blue birds harrassing my Mustang all the more.
Orcoz is offline Find More Posts by Orcoz
Old Sep 17, 2003, 11:57 AM
One
Seattle
Joined Feb 2003
1,630 Posts
Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

The sound byte was perfect.

Take care and keep'm in the air

Splash