SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:05 PM
Norway, Rogaland, Stavanger
Joined Sep 2011
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
The DJI site says minimum 5 channels with fail safe on all channels. I think that is where I fail, The Futaba 7C only has fail safe on channel 3.

But there is good news. Michael64 - Thanks for the tip. I tried setting a switch mixed with the 3 position GPS, ATTI, Manual switch and now I can enter fail safe at the flip of a switch. On the setup software the choices for fail safe are 1-hover or 2- RTH and land. I chose 2 so I think when I flip my mixer switch it will RTH and auto land.

Now the bad news. The controller does not notice or care if I switch off the TX, it just sits there and continues to flash the same GPS sats good sequence. If I power up the controller with the TX off it notices and gives a constant red flashing, so I know that works.

Does any one have any ideas how I can get the controller to enter fail safe when I shut off the TX?
You can't set fail-safe if you only have fail-safe on channel 3. The system uses cannel 7 to enter fail-safe on a futaba system or the channel you use to set up flight modes on any other system.

When you switch of the TX the RX knows to put channel 7 in the right position for fail-safe, just as you would by flipping a switch.

So without fail-safe on channel 7, you have no way of entering fail-safe automatically.
finto is offline Find More Posts by finto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:26 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finto View Post
You can't set fail-safe if you only have fail-safe on channel 3. The system uses cannel 7 to enter fail-safe on a futaba system or the channel you use to set up flight modes on any other system.

When you switch of the TX the RX knows to put channel 7 in the right position for fail-safe, just as you would by flipping a switch.

So without fail-safe on channel 7, you have no way of entering fail-safe automatically.
Yes, specifically for Futaba, FASST 7CH mode only support FS on Ch. 3. You need to be in FASST MULT mode which I'm not sure the 7C supports.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,413 Posts
Thanks guys. Looks like the 7C just is not the right TX. I will use it for now for low close flight while I learn the WKM.

I have an 8FGS on order and it should be able to do what I need and best of all will eliminate a bunch of wires with the S bus. Only bummer is a whole new radio to learn.
milo12 is offline Find More Posts by milo12
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:19 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
Thanks guys. Looks like the 7C just is not the right TX. I will use it for now for low close flight while I learn the WKM.

I have an 8FGS on order and it should be able to do what I need and best of all will eliminate a bunch of wires with the S bus. Only bummer is a whole new radio to learn.
the latest software update came in last month. So it's best to update first before playing around with it otherwise you need to backup the model then do the update.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
345 Posts
Hi Tony,

"Frame-Droidworx Skyjib8 Octocopter
ESC-Hobbywing Fentium 80A
Motors-Axi 4120/20
Props-APC 14 x 4.7
Camera 5D
Weight without cam is over 5.5 Kilos"

I am also planning to get the SkyJib 8. How's the flight time on it and you managed to get t to fly stable?

Cheers.
roypwee is offline Find More Posts by roypwee
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:26 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfpv View Post
Couple of videos made this weekend with fellow Wookong flyer Droider ,
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDroid.../2/RLKCE6Us_8s
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDroid.../1/qZIriyb_1q0

Geoff Quadcopters Uk .
Good demos.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:49 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Advance parameter tuning-

“I” value
Better left alone, it is mainly for forward flight with head wind. Increase for strong head wind. Decrease for strong tail wind.

“V Damping” value
Ascending and descending braking, as to how fast you want the multi to stop. Increase value to have fast braking.

“Disturb Gain” value
Increase to have higher position hold; decrease to have less. Fine tuning between ATTi and GPS modes in position hold.

All advance parameters are only good in GPS mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A short clip using WKM inside DJI

DJI HQ travel with Wookong-M (3 min 33 sec)
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by sidneyw; Oct 24, 2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: added video
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:55 AM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Mar 2011
383 Posts
can anyone help me with motor table for my y6 setup?
killy is offline Find More Posts by killy
Old Nov 19, 2011, 04:36 PM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
347 Posts
Have a Original Gaui 330XS witch I upgraded with DJI wookokng M.
I setup all function for 3 mode switch, and failsafe is working. Jr XG7 with 8ch RX.

When I try to fly, it was flipping over. I tried to calibrate the ESC with same procedure as with original Gaui, but cannot complete this. I put TX on, and set it to full throttle. Connect RX, and hear the melody of 3 beeps, other 3 beeps, an then 1 beep at the end. When i lower the stick to 0%, there is no confirmation. Why?

Picture of my Quad:
http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/tn_IMG_8442.JPG
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:06 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti View Post
I setup all function for 3 mode switch, and failsafe is working. Jr XG7 with 8ch RX.

When I try to fly, it was flipping over. I tried to calibrate the ESC with same procedure as with original Gaui, but cannot complete this. I put TX on, and set it to full throttle. Connect RX, and hear the melody of 3 beeps, other 3 beeps, an then 1 beep at the end. When i lower the stick to 0%, there is no confirmation. Why?

Picture of my Quad:
Dont use gaui's esc. Replace them with 18-20 amp hobbywing/ turnigy escs.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:42 PM
Joined Mar 2010
345 Posts
My Setup

Motor/ESC and Prop is from my Fyetech X4.

Flies great.
roypwee is offline Find More Posts by roypwee
Old Nov 20, 2011, 01:38 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
207 Posts
Quote:

Picture of my Quad:
I think you can perfectly use Gaui's ESCs and motors. Quadcopters.co.uk has been running this setup without any particular issue.

I think I had the same problem as yours when trying to calibrate my Turnigy Plush ESC, and my issue was that I had already cut/removed the red wire from the ESCs, then tried to calibrate them and it wouldn't work. If this is your case, you need to put back the red plug/cable on your ESC, and one by one calibrate them by only having it connected one by one to your receiver, then remove back the red wire and connect to the DJI MC.

This is one main reason I think people telling to cut the ESC's red wire are giving a wrong advise - most ESCs come with a standard servo connector getting in the flight controler or receiver and it is quite easy to just remove the pin coming from the red cable from the ESC's connector, this way you can put it back whenever needed.
moombe is online now Find More Posts by moombe
Old Nov 20, 2011, 02:44 AM
The simplest, the better!
Italy, Europe
Joined Apr 2002
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
Dont use gaui's esc. Replace them with 18-20 amp hobbywing/ turnigy escs.
Black Mantis ESCs also work great. From giantcod.co.uk et al.
Probably rebranded HW... I have the 12A ones with Gaui motors.
pdemon is offline Find More Posts by pdemon
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:07 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
I think you can perfectly use Gaui's ESCs and motors. Quadcopters.co.uk has been running this setup without any particular issue.

I think I had the same problem as yours when trying to calibrate my Turnigy Plush ESC, and my issue was that I had already cut/removed the red wire from the ESCs, then tried to calibrate them and it wouldn't work. If this is your case, you need to put back the red plug/cable on your ESC, and one by one calibrate them by only having it connected one by one to your receiver, then remove back the red wire and connect to the DJI MC.

This is one main reason I think people telling to cut the ESC's red wire are giving a wrong advise - most ESCs come with a standard servo connector getting in the flight controler or receiver and it is quite easy to just remove the pin coming from the red cable from the ESC's connector, this way you can put it back whenever needed.
I have also removed the red wire(not cutted) from the ECS according to the manual.
Thanx for this advise. I will try this today
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:21 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:

Picture of my Quad:
Which way is front on your quad? As your GPS and IMU are pointing different ways, unless you changed the config? Because if motor 1 is the front then your GPS is backwards!

In fact if that's how you have your motors wired up as per your numbers on the arms, they are wrong also.

If the green sting is front then you need to turn your GPS 180 and your motor's should be wired up as per the manual, front right 1, front left 2... Rear left 3 and rear right 4
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Last edited by topgearuk; Nov 20, 2011 at 04:31 AM.