Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:05 AM
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPhoto View Post
What would be the lowest (yet safe) settings for the Voltage Monitor to gain the most time for a 5000MAH 4s 35c battery? With the settings below, I'm only getting 4 minutes or less on a 6.5lb hexa. I like the flashing yellow LED warning and would like to use the voltage monitor, but short flight time is getting annoying knowing that their is more battery life left. Here's the screen after a flight and voltage auto-landing mode. With a voltage of still 14.7 left, shouldn't it still have enough power for at least 2-3 more minutes?
Just at a quick glance without being familiar with your craft, I would say that your being a bit conservative with your voltage settings, that is if you do a lot of close proximity flying. Your drop dead voltage before cell damage would be around 12.8V. If your loss is correct, then you can move the First Level protection down to 13.3V and then your Second Level down to 13.1V. That should give you the extra flight time you need.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:21 AM
Registered User
GGoodrum's Avatar
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPhoto View Post
What would be the lowest (yet safe) settings for the Voltage Monitor to gain the most time for a 5000MAH 4s 35c battery? With the settings below, I'm only getting 4 minutes or less on a 6.5lb hexa. I like the flashing yellow LED warning and would like to use the voltage monitor, but short flight time is getting annoying knowing that their is more battery life left. Here's the screen after a flight and voltage auto-landing mode. With a voltage of still 14.7 left, shouldn't it still have enough power for at least 2-3 more minutes?
I have exactly the same settings on my WK-M X8 setup, which uses two 4s-3300 45C packs in parallel. I get about 8-9 minutes before the yellow flashing starts. About a minute before that, I can see yellow flashing if I do a fast climb. You may need to lower your settings even further, or maybe try the calibration procedure, where you measure the resting voltage of the pack with a volt meter, and enter this into the appropriate spot on the Assistant VM screen.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
Registered User
ScottPhoto's Avatar
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
Just at a quick glance without being familiar with your craft, I would say that your being a bit conservative with your voltage settings, that is if you do a lot of close proximity flying. Your drop dead voltage before cell damage would be around 12.8V. If your loss is correct, then you can move the First Level protection down to 13.3V and then your Second Level down to 13.1V. That should give you the extra flight time you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I have exactly the same settings on my WK-M X8 setup, which uses two 4s-3300 45C packs in parallel. I get about 8-9 minutes before the yellow flashing starts. About a minute before that, I can see yellow flashing if I do a fast climb. You may need to lower your settings even further, or maybe try the calibration procedure, where you measure the resting voltage of the pack with a volt meter, and enter this into the appropriate spot on the Assistant VM screen.

-- Gary
Thanks! I will try your recommendations!
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:20 PM
Registered User
ScottPhoto's Avatar
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Getting 7+ minutes flight time now on one 5000MAH 4c. Much better.
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:47 PM
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Nice!
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:51 AM
Registered User
kajakmannen's Avatar
Gavle, Sweden
Joined Jul 2003
599 Posts
Kajakens homemade Carbon Quad DJI

Here are some pics of my Carbon Quad with DJI controller. Maiden still to be done.
kajakmannen is offline Find More Posts by kajakmannen
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:31 AM
Registered User
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajakmannen View Post
Here are some pics of my Carbon Quad with DJI controller. Maiden still to be done.
Hi. Interesting use of Heli tail assemblies on your camera mount Will you be driving them with belts?
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:24 AM
Registered User
VerticalVue's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
This is a stock XAircraft x650 v4 with upgraded Turnigy Plush 12a esc(s). I'm still fooling with my settings, but right now my Basic settings are all bumped up 15% and it's flying incredible in GPS and Atti mode. I'll be adding some FPV hardware, so after I calculate my final weight and CG, I'll post my settings.
How are you finding the xaircraft camera mount?...Thanks
VerticalVue is offline Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:02 AM
Registered User
kajakmannen's Avatar
Gavle, Sweden
Joined Jul 2003
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
Hi. Interesting use of Heli tail assemblies on your camera mount Will you be driving them with belts?
Yes the axis will be belt driven but the srevos will be mounted very close to the axis.

Best regards / Kajaken
kajakmannen is offline Find More Posts by kajakmannen
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:06 AM
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengit View Post
How are you finding the xaircraft camera mount?...Thanks
I'm very happy with it. For the price, you can't beat it. It assembles easy and snaps right on to the x650 with no problems.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:09 AM
Registered User
TruckBasher's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
I'm very happy with it. For the price, you can't beat it. It assembles easy and snaps right on to the x650 with no problems.
Love to see your vid of that mount. I always wanted to get that as I am stuck with a bulky mount.
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:26 AM
Registered User
VerticalVue's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
I'm very happy with it. For the price, you can't beat it. It assembles easy and snaps right on to the x650 with no problems.
Its 192GBP here so not that cheap, does it do a good job of vibration damping? Thanks for your help, just puchased a Gopro HD2 and need a good mount....
VerticalVue is offline Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:35 PM
EC-135 Driver
500Driver's Avatar
United States, IA, Burlington
Joined Nov 2006
1,131 Posts
Here's a picture from my third flight.

This is in GPS mode...it was so confidence inspiring that I reached into my pocket, dug out my phone and snapped this picture.

Tried a video but then it went into fail-safe mode for some unknown reason and executed a flawless RTL...which was extremely cool to witness because I'm not sure if I would have intentionally tested that feature anytime soon haha.

REALLY need to sort out why it went into fail-safe though.

500Driver is offline Find More Posts by 500Driver
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:30 PM
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
Love to see your vid of that mount. I always wanted to get that as I am stuck with a bulky mount.
Here it is.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:34 PM
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengit View Post
Its 192GBP here so not that cheap, does it do a good job of vibration damping? Thanks for your help, just puchased a Gopro HD2 and need a good mount....
Well, I guess I should have said that the price was relative to the other available self leveling camera mounts out there. You are right, its not cheap. The mount does a decent job with isolation. I have no complaints.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Electronics 19947 Jul 29, 2014 11:52 AM
Discussion DJI - WooKong eStab for Scale sidneyw Scale Helicopters 97 Dec 30, 2012 10:48 AM
Cool Karbonic-XXL 50CM DJI WooKong-M frame superdave42 Multirotor Talk 12 Mar 09, 2012 10:01 AM