HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:15 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Discussion
I dont know which dx6i radio to get?

I have Ultra micro's and im going to get a PZ extra 300 soon i need a dx6i i was wandering what should i get if i was going to put the receiver with them into my extra 300?

DX6i DSMX 6 Channel Full Range without Servo MD2
The one above comes with the AR6210 Full-Range receiver

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Full Range Microlite Mode 2
This one above comes with the AR6115e Microlite Park Flyer 6CH Aircraft receiver and the 4 DSP75 7.5-Gram Super Sub-Micro Digital Programmable

Other than that im pretty sure there the same now wich one would i be better off with now i know i wont need to use the servo's in the extra 300 because the PNP comes with servo's but i do not know what kind and if you guys do recomend the microlite one with the servo's and the servo's are the same size should i take the stock servo's out of the plane and put in the ones that came with the radio?\

Thanks!
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:01 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,836 Posts
Radio is the same and so personaly I would get the Full range setup I this would ensure best radio reception with the sat receiver and also allow you to grow with it. Using the AR6210 in bigger future plane but thats me.

Check out prices and then ask yourself if you really need the servos.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Sep 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:15 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,293 Posts
Parkzone says use either parkflier or full range receiver with the Extra (which seems reasonable as it's the kind of model you fly at moderate distances). So either one would be fine.

As Freechip suggests, the main issue is what you might need for future models. The AR6210 is full range, so suitable for larger models, but the AR6115 is more compact and doesn't have a satellite, so is better for smaller models.

Same with the servos. If you are going to be flying small planes, the 7.5g servos will be useful. But I see no point in replacing the servos in the Extra.

You're the only one who knows where you might be going. If it's to larger models, the first radio package is clearly better.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:18 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Radio is the same and so personaly I would get the Full range setup I this would ensure best radio reception with the sat receiver and also allow you to grow with it. Using the AR6210 in bigger future plane but thats me.

Check out prices and then ask yourself if you really need to servos.
O only 2 servo's i thought it was four.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:03 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
O only 2 servo's i thought it was four.
Spelling change, was supposed to be THE
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip