HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by 2motheus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
559 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Sold
Dynaflite Butterfly (N)IB $55 shipped

$55 shipped ConUS.

Highly recommended trainer sailplane for .15 glow or equivalent electric. 99" span two piece wing.

Box is old but contents are good. Parts bags include horns, clevises, pushrod ends, hinges, dowels, fuse formers and other plywood parts...

I haven't taken a full inventory to the point of counting every piece of hardware and triangle stock, but confirmed that all the main and/or difficult parts are there.

The only parts I could see with notable damage were:
1. Someone started to shape the two shorter 1/4 x 1/2 leading edge sticks, but one was rounded on the wrong surface. The other may or may not work after it's attached to the ribs. In any case, the two pieces are 1/4 x 1/2 x 24 and should be easy to replace.
2. Two pieces of 1/16 sheeting have been poked by a landing gear wire. These should be easy to work around or place in noncritical areas.

Pictures below were taken today, except for the finished plane image that I copied from another thread... the box photo is pretty faded.

Tim
2motheus is offline Find More Posts by 2motheus
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 09:55 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
168 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
If I were still flying planes I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
I built and flew one during the late 1980's. I often hand launched it using a HP 20 4 cycle engine which suited it perfectly. It's not only a great trainer but also a sweet and enjoyable relaxing plane to fly. Whomever gets it won't regret it.
bebev is offline Find More Posts by bebev
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:04 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,518 Posts
Trader Rating: 293
I'll take it..... send me a pm with pp info
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:46 AM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI