SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
Registered User
epwierman's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
3,089 Posts
Oops. Double post
epwierman is offline Find More Posts by epwierman
Last edited by epwierman; Dec 18, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:49 PM
Registered User
epwierman's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Really bad weather has kept me from flying the last two months and the only thing keeping me from going nuts is to watch videos on the net. Seen them all many times and need new ones
Here one that's kinda interesting, maybe something you haven't seen?
4D rc indoor electric plane (2 min 44 sec)


Somethin to watch when you are weathered out with your Hotliner.
epwierman is offline Find More Posts by epwierman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:16 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,380 Posts
Thanks Eric!
That sure was something different...
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:38 PM
Registered User
FlyLT's Avatar
Earth
Joined Oct 2009
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epwierman View Post
Here one that's kinda interesting, maybe something you haven't seen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTdb...e_gdata_player

Somethin to watch when you are weathered out with your Hotliner.
Oh yeah, he is insane
The pilots name is Donatas Pauzuolis

I've got a question... how important is to have an extra UBEC in a powerful hotliner?
FlyLT is offline Find More Posts by FlyLT
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:26 AM
What is Highspeed ?
Rolf D.'s Avatar
Germany, BY, Bergen
Joined Feb 2011
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLT View Post
.....
I've got a question... how important is to have an extra UBEC in a powerful hotliner?
What you mean with powerfull ?
Me and others (the one who I belive in his advices do it like this:
using not more than 4S Lipo and Motor is in the peak not over 130 Amps. no seperat akku for RX and Servo.
all bigger than 4S and over 130 Amp we use seperat akku for RX and Servo.
In your case - I think to now for wich motor - seperate Akku for RX and Servo are only more weight and every 100 gramm will cost you 5 mtr. climbing per sek. so you can have double secure when you fly or loosing energy and power
greez
Rolf
Rolf D. is offline Find More Posts by Rolf D.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:27 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
40 Posts
Thanks the offers guys (and Heather ) but i did buy the zoom that Jacko linked to http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1558028

I was talking to Bill about this beforehand but decided to go for it as it seemed a good deal and a good setup.

Can you guys offer some suggestion for Props to liven it up a bit
At the moment I think hes running a 14x14 but what can the cc125 take??

Its going to take a while to get here as its coming in a friends shipping container but I would like to get things ready for it.

Would you remain at 4S as its lighter (and I dont want to change the CC125)?? I do want something with some bite.

Cheye
bigbadflyer is offline Find More Posts by bigbadflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
40 Posts
p.s.

Jacko. just sold the Xtreme to a friend to fund this. Still have the Ritewing and do still love it.
bigbadflyer is offline Find More Posts by bigbadflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:40 AM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,389 Posts
Check out the Enigma thread Cheye, I think that motor is pretty popular and is discussed quite a bit. Ive never played with it so cant recommend anything first hand (Ive got a 1D on 3S in the speedfire, stupid high amp setup)

Run it at lower load for the maiden, its gonna be a big jump from the xtreme!

Good to hear the Xtreme is still going too , gateway drug
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
gateway drug
Yep
bigbadflyer is offline Find More Posts by bigbadflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:26 PM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadflyer View Post
Thanks the offers guys (and Heather ) but i did buy the zoom that Jacko linked to http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1558028

I was talking to Bill about this beforehand but decided to go for it as it seemed a good deal and a good setup.

Can you guys offer some suggestion for Props to liven it up a bit
At the moment I think hes running a 14x14 but what can the cc125 take??

Its going to take a while to get here as its coming in a friends shipping container but I would like to get things ready for it.

Would you remain at 4S as its lighter (and I dont want to change the CC125)?? I do want something with some bite.

Cheye
Cheye,

I was running that motor/esc on my 2M Weasel with a 16x16w prop on 4S...quite a bit of power and decent speed for sure, and pretty safe. You could go with the 16x16W and start with 3S. I think the Zoom is quite a bit lighter than the Weasel...should perform even better.

Raul (Plainguy) is running the same set-up with the GM18x21 (no mods). It takes the 1st second or so to "grab", then it's like a slingshot or turbo boost once it does, into the 2nd to 3rd second. This is really pushing it, but he hasn't smoked anything......yet. I can't recomend doing this, just letting you know it's doable. You could possibly start with 17.5x17.5 on 3S once you start moving into the higher power side. There's a few different ways to get your feet wet. You shouldn't have to worry about getting bored with it for some time to come.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Last edited by Flyextreme; Dec 22, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:02 PM
Why you swing so hard?
jsnaphook's Avatar
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,273 Posts
Biggest prop you can use is just under 17" on the Zoom. To use the above you'll have to shave it down some. Try the 16x17 slim. Should put a smile on your face.

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:31 PM
making my own planes...
decones's Avatar
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Oct 2007
1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf D. View Post
What you mean with powerfull ?
Me and others (the one who I belive in his advices do it like this:
using not more than 4S Lipo and Motor is in the peak not over 130 Amps. no seperat akku for RX and Servo.
all bigger than 4S and over 130 Amp we use seperat akku for RX and Servo.
In your case - I think to now for wich motor - seperate Akku for RX and Servo are only more weight and every 100 gramm will cost you 5 mtr. climbing per sek. so you can have double secure when you fly or loosing energy and power
greez
Rolf
So, I'm the point out of the turn...
In all planes I don't use separate Rx battery pack, even in my Rw2b who is running 6S on neu 1512 and 5000W, more than 50 flights and no issue at all.
I also use same config (BEC soldered directly to main battery pack) in my Viper 5S and B. Ceres 8S
decones is online now Find More Posts by decones
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
40 Posts
Thank Bill
This whole hotliner thing is going to be a real learning curve but I'm looking for to it. There is an epic amount on info here on RCG to scour thru but I'm sure there are going to be plenty of questions asked from me. I fell like a newbie again lol !!

Im still trying to get my head around the correct amount of cells needed. Im unsure to run the Zoom at 3,4 or 5S as its only got a CC125 so Im limited in AMP's. A higher voltage, low AMP draw may be the way. I'll do some more research and reading ..... sigh
bigbadflyer is offline Find More Posts by bigbadflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:46 PM
200mph +
sykotic's Avatar
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadflyer View Post
at 3,4 or 5S as its only got a CC125 so Im limited in AMP's. A higher voltage, low AMP draw may be the way. I'll do some more research and reading ..... sigh
Careful with higher voltages on the cc125.

Lots of them(including mine) wont take 5s without doing silly things. Theres a mod to fix it if you do go down that path, and aslong as you have the right verison of the cc125 I'm happy to help you with that. Im in NZ aswell, in Palmy
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:12 AM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadflyer View Post
Thank Bill
This whole hotliner thing is going to be a real learning curve but I'm looking for to it. There is an epic amount on info here on RCG to scour thru but I'm sure there are going to be plenty of questions asked from me. I fell like a newbie again lol !!

Im still trying to get my head around the correct amount of cells needed. Im unsure to run the Zoom at 3,4 or 5S as its only got a CC125 so Im limited in AMP's. A higher voltage, low AMP draw may be the way. I'll do some more research and reading ..... sigh
I did my first few launches on 3S with 16x16 wide. Plenty of power for a start... Just to get a feel for it. I doubt you need to be concerned with 5s with this motor for now. The CC P180 can do 300amps or so for 2to3 sec. burns with good air flow.

And yes, there's alot of info to absorb.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Last edited by Flyextreme; Dec 24, 2011 at 07:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Just general club news and talk David Hogue Johnston County Aeromodeling Club (JCAC) 13 Mar 23, 2012 08:39 AM
For Sale Swift hotliners southern180 Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 5 Sep 17, 2011 06:43 AM
Idea F5B, worth a day trip!!! (all Hotliners welcome) jjmouris High Performance 2 Sep 16, 2011 12:01 PM
Wanted motors for hotliners josephcharles Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 8 Jul 24, 2011 08:34 PM