HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Also Owners Yahoo Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

If you go the 9X rtoute - my personal recc'n is to not buy the Turnigy where module is hard wired in ... but a version that module is removeable. Replace with FrSky module / Rx ...

Total price will STILL be way below others and you have a rock-solid system that many have good use out of. The FrSky people are developing way ahead of others Telemetry and other aspects of RC control ... Think of the FlySky Tx - as that is the actual factory name before it gets rebranded - as the base sytem to do as you want with ... unlike higher priced gear where you cannot alter / modify / customise.
Hi.I am begginer in quadcopters and I want to build the quadcopter for the first time.Which transmitter would you recomend for me :
FS 2.4GHZ Flysky 9ch
or
Turnigy 2.4 GHz 9ch where the module is as you mentioned hardwired to the Transmitter.
shmiser is offline Find More Posts by shmiser
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:38 AM
United States, LA, Winnfield
Joined Jul 2011
249 Posts
Hiya,
Anyone no what the differance in hobbypartz and leaderhobby FS-TH9X is?
Hobbypartz is $85 and leader is $38.What I mean by whats the differance is in the pic one has only one antenna and the other one has kinda 2 antenna's.
Thanks
Tom
deadaim57 is offline Find More Posts by deadaim57
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:00 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
They both only have one antenna. The flysky one has the antenna on the module, where it is supposed to be. On the hobbypartz and turnigy rebranded versions, the antenna is moved to the main body, and attached with a wire. Watch the video below (at 3 min 30 sec). Like he says, "this is stupid".

Turnigy 9X 2.4GHz radio control system Version 2 review (Part 1) (10 min 3 sec)
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:30 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Discussion Thoughts and opinions on FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
if you don't like tinkering, just want to fly, then it may not be for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim View Post
If you need a cheap but high tech radio, 9X is your choice.
these guys pretty much summed it up. i was carried away by the 9x craze but after a while realized it was not my best choice. general overkill and lack of smooth trims and no clicks on the throttle stick made it less useful to me. even though i consider myself a geek type this radio was a bit much.

it was too hard to learn all the features so i switched to a simpler radio w/o those drawbacks. t6 from the same maker has mechanical trims and throttle stick clicks which made a world of difference for me.

the 9x was not primarily designed as a plane radio but rather for helis and imo quite a deal for helis but not so much for planes. it is still my best heli radio though because of the ccpm mixes.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993