SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Suggestion
What happens after a 5 day "vacation"?

So,what happens if a person has 10 infraction points, gets a "vacation"...and then another member reports him for ANY little thing at all and gets another point before any of the other 10 points expire? Another 5 day auto-ban...or permanent ban? In either case, if the reported post was BS or done solely out of spite, how can they even appeal the point?

Also, just my opinion and I'm sure the mods/admin don't really care, but the length of time an infraction point stays on someone's account seems pretty excessive. Two weeks or so, sure, but months?
mhunter is offline Find More Posts by mhunter
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:01 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
Quote:
So,what happens if a person has 10 infraction points, gets a "vacation"...and then another member reports him for ANY little thing at all and gets another point before any of the other 10 points expire? Another 5 day auto-ban...or permanent ban?
10 active points = 5 days
15 active points = 10 days
20 active points = permanent ban

Quote:
In either case, if the reported post was BS or done solely out of spite,
If the report was BS then the user would not receive a point.

Quote:
how can they even appeal the point?
They could appeal after the ban period was over.

Quote:
Also, just my opinion and I'm sure the mods/admin don't really care, but the length of time an infraction point stays on someone's account seems pretty excessive. Two weeks or so, sure, but months?
The site rules have been a honed over the years. Our current rules are what we have found works best currently but we are always open to suggestions.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
I understand that. But, the 10 points are still there. If an 11th infraction point is given it's just another auto-ban? Yeah, that's "fair"...not... I've had points reversed. If there's yet another 5 day auto-ban, the person doesn't even get a chance to contest it. For example, I got a point (along with several others) for posting a link to the real Beast airshow crash. It WAS indeed a BS point because it wasn't posted as "posting gruesome content" or whatever other garbage the reason given was. It was to LEARN from the accident and discuss what happened. Whoever it was finally saw the light and reversed those points for everyone involved. Catch my drift? In a case like this, if an 11th point is given and a person can't even appeal immediately before another unjust ban, it's wrong and you know it...
mhunter is offline Find More Posts by mhunter