Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:16 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola. View Post
But every plane is different.
There shouldn't be any difference between the same model plane. The CG is where the CG is based on wing shape, etc...

Mine is at about 3.5" back. I am sitting right at the backside of the last blue stripe on the wing at the fuse.
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jan 2010
841 Posts
My BEC was acting up today. It gave out while flying, and the plane nosed into the ground

I just started it up again, and its not doing it

It quite 2 times on me today, I had servo control, but lost power to the motor?
fltekdiver is online now Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:33 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Yiu sure you didn't hit lvc?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jan 2010
841 Posts
no, I just took the lipo off the charger, it was at 100%, but it sure sounded like that

It sounded like a rubber band was wrapped around it, and when I throttled up, I heard this noise , then it died

I hit nose in, and made my first crack across the glue joint and broke my prop

Yeh, I have my first crash!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:14 PM
What?!? I didn't do that!
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
If you are using bullets, check the connections between the ESC and the motor. You could have a loose connection or a bad solder joint.
gremlin is offline Find More Posts by gremlin
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Jan 2010
841 Posts
Ok, thanks, I'll look at it now, didnt even think of that
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
A good day with the 38" I ended up putting a cut piece of latex tubing on the prop, and an o-ring as well. Much more stable now. Maybe some slight CG adjustments to work out KE coupling, but all in all its pretty good.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
841 Posts
Nice shots, I can't belive how it hangs on the prop. The first pics shows no rudder, and little inputs, and it's just hanging thier ! Sweet!

I just ordered the DX8, and sold my 7S, so I'm waiting for the new radio to arive
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:55 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Thanks flt

It will hang on the prop real nice, but there is almost always some "wagging" of the rudder and elevator to keep it straight. Just a lucky catch with that shot.

Enjoy that new radio! I went through the DX7 and A9 before I finally settled on the 8fg. That DX8 looks nice though!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
There shouldn't be any difference between the same model plane. The CG is where the CG is based on wing shape, etc...

Mine is at about 3.5" back. I am sitting right at the backside of the last blue stripe on the wing at the fuse.
With the CG @ 3.5" back, how does it fly in level flight?

Level, climbs, or dives?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:49 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Pretty much level. I was so happy it was flying decent that I flew instead of adjusted/trimmed. Like I said I did still have some KE coupling...But level and inverted were decent. Not perfect, but decent. So I may have enough trim in there to get it to fly pretty much level, but need to do some more KE passes and try adjusting it based on that. Will check more tomorrow.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:21 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Could not get rid of the coupling for the life of me. If I moved the battery back and gave it enough down elevator trim to fly level then it would just climb instantly on inverting. And even when I tried this, KE still pull pretty hard toward canopy. I'm beginning to think that thrust angle is the problem. There is no thrust angle in the firewall of this plane that I can tell. Maybe a washer behind the upper right screw on the motor mount? Any thoughts?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:56 PM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
975 Posts
I plan to move my battery to the top side of fuse (same side). With the landing gear and everything else on the bottom of the fuse, moving the battery to the top might make a difference. I did this with a RC Factory 38" EPP plane, and it completely changed the character of the airplane.. Balanced in every direction..
four stroke pwr is online now Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
I left the gear off mine...Was too much work for something I planned on catching, but let us know how that works out fsp! I would love to get rid of the KE coupling. Problem is I am coupling towards canopy, so I can't imagine moving bat to top would help at all.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by four stroke pwr View Post
I plan to move my battery to the top side of fuse (same side). With the landing gear and everything else on the bottom of the fuse, moving the battery to the top might make a difference. I did this with a RC Factory 38" EPP plane, and it completely changed the character of the airplane.. Balanced in every direction..
I have my lipo on top and everything else on the bottom. I'm having the same issues. I bring my lipo way back to balance at a recommended CG and it climbs in inverted with minimal coupling. I move the lipo forward to descend in inverted and I have bad coupling pitching towards the canopy.

It seems many of us are having the same issues, yet some aren't. My Slick is nice and straight, nothing that I can see wrong.

I'm also starting to think it's the thrust angle.

Can anyone that has landing gear installed and zero problems care to elaborate on their setup?
pete_g is offline Find More Posts by pete_g