HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:17 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
What do you like beter over the Edge? Because realy they are miles apart in design? Its bigger and heaver with more power. Should be way beter outdoors in windy conditions, but that is to be expected. I have oth the Extra and Edge a.d love them both. They do fly different but love them.

Only asking because im realy thinking of geting on.
thanks for the info.
For me it just flys more like a larger balsa plane. It harriers like my 51 except a lot slower. You feel the lighter weight for sure.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:04 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2009
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
What do you like beter over the Edge? Because realy they are miles apart in design? Its bigger and heaver with more power. Should be way beter outdoors in windy conditions, but that is to be expected. I have oth the Extra and Edge a.d love them both. They do fly different but love them.

Only asking because im realy thinking of geting on.
thanks for the info.
The Slick flies more precise and doesn't have as much coupling in KE. Don't get me wrong, I still like the Edge. It's a 3D beast.
NeverEnough is offline Find More Posts by NeverEnough
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:06 AM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Just got my 38" kit with hacker motor/esc
I spent alot of hours in the fumes of welders glue yesterday, but i got it done in one day

Really a nice epp i must say!

Charging 5 1050mah' s right now, and then its maiden next
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:39 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,482 Posts
Your gonna enjoy it
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:43 AM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
366 Posts
Its my 3rd day bulding, having to wait for the Weilders to dry. I think being cold in my house makes Weilders set up time longer.
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:22 AM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
I almost got through 2 batteries before i hit a tree doing high speed KE circles lol

Thats when i realised i only had 1 prop for it So i ordered 8 more now hehe..

I need to move my battery though.. It was way to heavy up front with my 3s 1050mah rhino 40C..
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:41 AM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzo6 View Post
Its my 3rd day bulding, having to wait for the Weilders to dry. I think being cold in my house makes Weilders set up time longer.
I did mine in a 17` C temp`d room, and welders was pretty quick to dry..

The big amount under the wing servo`s took alittle more time though.. 3-4 hours or so..
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:19 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
The Slick flies more precise and doesn't have as much coupling in KE. Don't get me wrong, I still like the Edge. It's a 3D beast.
thanks for the imput! Just picked up a Depron Velox so might wait till spring to get the epp slick, as of now i own all but the slick in the 3dhs foammy line... LOL...
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:42 AM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Am i the only one finding this 38" to be alittle picky on cg?

I`ve probably gotta move some of the braces on the main wing, so my battery fits under them, to get the battery further back..

Setup is A20-20 , X-20 , 4x 65mg`s, and a 3c 40c 1050mah Rihno , everything built as manual say, and is total of 460 grams RTF. (fat pig, i must say)
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:16 AM
Joined May 2010
366 Posts
I am having the same problem as well. Try moving esc and reciver back far as you can. What would you guys thing on shorting up the linkage thus moving the servos futher back on the wing?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:38 AM
Joined May 2010
366 Posts
Just took her out for maiden & WOW! This thing is so fun, tale touches and touque rolls.....LOL Ill get some viedo later.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:54 AM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Just took her out for maiden & WOW! This thing is so fun, tale touches and touque rolls.....LOL Ill get some viedo later.
Where is youre cg at then?

Sendt from my Galaxy SII..
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:12 PM
Joined May 2010
366 Posts
I got the CG 4 1/2" behind the leading edge, the nose drops a little while inverted which is what I like. Love this plane!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
United States, NY, Wyoming
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
Kelly, funny you mentioned going with shorter linkage.I'm in the process of building mine. If I make the linkage aprox. 2 3/4 after the bends I'm much further forward on the wing than the picture shows on the build guide. I did shorten mine up a bit to make it look more like the build guide picture. I'll let you know if it causes any issues. I'm Coming down the home stretch on the build so I will be ready for a test flight soon.( weather dependent )
starwarsfan is offline Find More Posts by starwarsfan
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
I got the CG 4 1/2" behind the leading edge, the nose drops a little while inverted which is what I like. Love this plane!
Man thats soo strange.

At 4.5", my climb crazy inverted... I had to move the battery behind the carbon braces, vertically mounted close to the braces, to get my 4.5"...

How heavy are you`re battery, and where does it sit?
Are you running no trimmed elevator like this?
Is it flying straight upright, or do you have to stay on the elevator to keep it level?

I gotta get this sorted out.