timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,935 Posts
>>Well. i have maybe 20 hours of simulator training on the computer.<<

Well, I have over forty years of flying RC experience including competitions. Only now I am attempting to do this professionally.

I use a variety of machines including small and large single main rotor helicopters and small and large multi rotors. They all have disadvantages and advantages. There is no one size fits all scenario here.

>>I only want this to be a hobby to make cool little sequences of film. And offcourse train in a open field without camera before i dare mount anything.<<

Joining a local club is another excellent idea. You cannot beat interacting with some real flesh and blood human being and learning what they do instead of sitting in front of your computer and reading all those questionable information on the internet.

What ever you decided to do please don't think about using money to "buy" your way into this hobby. You have to learn it and earn it. It is a skill that is fairly complicated. Very much akin to learning to play golf.
SeismicCWave is online now Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:18 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Money can buy quick knowledge.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:09 AM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Money can buy quick knowledge.
...but you cannot buy quick skills.
SeismicCWave is online now Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:50 AM
Joined Sep 2011
6 Posts
Thanks guys. Joining a club will be tough when i work alot and when the club is pretty far away. So staying active in forums is the best i can do i think.

Going to learn to proper fly a rc copter before i attempt this.

Thanks guys
krth8 is offline Find More Posts by krth8
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:00 AM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krth8 View Post
Thanks guys. Joining a club will be tough when i work alot and when the club is pretty far away. So staying active in forums is the best i can do i think.

Going to learn to proper fly a rc copter before i attempt this.

Thanks guys
Good luck krth8
For learning to fly a heli I can't sing CptJac's praises enough
He's to be found over on the Heli beginners training area, he uses Phoenix flight simulator combined with Skype he doesn't charge a penny and he's helped loads of people get up and running
It's a shame there's not more pilots helping and doing the same
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)