New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:38 PM
littlecrankshaft is offline
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Registered User
Joined Sep 2001
1,668 Posts
Question
Over moderation?

Have I become a target to be silenced? My post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post19368571

was removed and point given without even a chance to edit. Not sure what it is about my viewpoint or thought provoking post needed removal...especially since the thread topic seems unrelated to AMA specifically and not to mention the OP's subjective opinion of kids is much more disconcerting than my post was.
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:40 AM
Jim T. Graham is offline
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,841 Posts
Would you like to appeal the point?
Your ability to edit your posts has been removed due to the large amount of warnings you have received over time.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:08 PM
littlecrankshaft is offline
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Registered User
Joined Sep 2001
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Would you like to appeal the point?
Your ability to edit your posts has been removed due to the large amount of warnings you have received over time.
An appeal??? Sure, but I have no idea how to do such...

BTW Just asking... not sure, what does "large amount of warnings" mean?
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:16 AM
Jim T. Graham is offline
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,841 Posts
Quote:
An appeal??? Sure, but I have no idea how to do such...
Whenever you receive a warning and you don't agree with the moderation don't edit it. Start a thread here stating you would like to appeal the point. I will create a thread with all the vital information and move it to "Site Appeals".
Quote:
BTW Just asking... not sure, what does "large amount of warnings" mean?
Your account shows you have been warned more that 15 times.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:39 AM
littlecrankshaft is offline
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Registered User
Joined Sep 2001
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Whenever you receive a warning and you don't agree with the moderation don't edit it. Start a thread here stating you would like to appeal the point. I will create a thread with all the vital information and move it to "Site Appeals".

Your account shows you have been warned more that 15 times.
Is 15 warnings the standard for the moderation actions that are being taken against me now?

Since I am not even given an opportunity to edit now, how does the appeal process work now? FWIW my OP, in this thread, is the current point of contention I am raising right now...
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:21 AM
Jim T. Graham is offline
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,841 Posts
Even if you can't edit your posts you can still appeal warnings you don't agree with.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:28 PM
littlecrankshaft is offline
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Registered User
Joined Sep 2001
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Even if you can't edit your posts you can still appeal warnings you don't agree with.
Ok, I wish to appeal the point given for the post indicated in my original post of this thread.
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:59 PM
Jim T. Graham is offline
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,841 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post19368571
Warning - Trolling (Provocation)
Issue -
Quote:
Not sure what it is about my viewpoint or thought provoking post needed removal...especially since the thread topic seems unrelated to AMA specifically and not to mention the OP's subjective opinion of kids is much more disconcerting than my post was.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:00 PM
littlecrankshaft is offline
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Registered User
Joined Sep 2001
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post19368571
Warning - Trolling (Provocation)
Issue -
Is there something else I need to do? Seems to have just died here.
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:08 PM
jbourke is offline
Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
jbourke's Avatar
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,430 Posts
I owe you an apology on this one for taking so long so get to it. Sorry about that. I get a bit too busy sometimes to respond to the appeals. It's the sort of thing only I can and should do, but it does seem I'm always a couple of weeks behind.

I reversed the infraction for you as well as another I saw.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion over moderation Tonystott Site Suggestions / Complaints 0 Apr 16, 2011 07:38 AM
RE: Over moderation Keith R. Site Suggestions / Complaints 6 Dec 18, 2005 07:02 PM
Over Moderation Keith R. Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Dec 07, 2005 12:51 AM
Over-Moderation Keith R. Rip the Bring 6 Nov 21, 2005 06:13 AM
"Over moderation" and moving threads Gene Bond Site Chat 98 Apr 10, 2005 04:57 PM