tsymonds is offline Find More Posts by tsymonds
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:41 PM
TUK151
United States, LA, Ruston
Joined Aug 2011
179 Posts
Yep, It seems.
I have some video of flights but having trouble uploading them.
My tail wheel fell off on my last landing. I could'nt find it.
I would like to see some video of someone running on 4 cells... Tuk151
Tuk151 is offline Find More Posts by Tuk151
Old Apr 07, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jun 2004
87 Posts
I changed out my hacker 22s and put in a sk3530 1400, I had my firewall crack couple weeks ago so epoxied where face of mount meets fiberglass and filled in all around in the gap that goes almost all around wood firewall,well today flew w/4cell & 8x6,hit a bump in dirt runway and nicked 1 blade of prop,well that broke loose the mount,and low throttle it made
noise but wide open smoothed out and was movin out fast,lucky that there is 3 cf rods that
go into the wood and the fire wall didnt spin. here,s couple pics. TSYMONDS, where do you
get the 7x8 props,I looked on the apc sight ,didn,t see any,are they the gas schmitar ones ?
DAVE
tempe dave is offline Find More Posts by tempe dave
Old Apr 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
Snappy Title On Backorder....
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Jun 2011
1,072 Posts
7x8, 7x9 etc are in the sport prop section on the APC site in the online store.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Oct 2010
16 Posts
Tim, you are giving them all our secrets.....you should be telling them to keep using the Rimfire.....lol. Your new motor looks awesome....I guess its time for mr. Hyperion for me as well... cant have you blowing my doors off at the field. BTW....Tsymonds speed numbers are accurate.....I was running the radar for him. I am gonna guess 115 mph with his new motor, pretty impressive for 3s....will post Tims results later.
Lastly....I hope everyone is not using the factory linkages....woefully inadequate.
av8rrr is offline Find More Posts by av8rrr
Last edited by av8rrr; Apr 27, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:54 AM
Feeding the RC Addiction
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
549 Posts
Fierce Winds are a Comin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsymonds View Post
Second Cosmic Wind is coming along nicely. Made some additional mods here and there but nothing big. Probably the most important in my mind is a 2" strip of glass on the wing center section done based on the increase in performance expected from the new motor. I also still need to clean up the foward edge of the battery tray where I had to cut out some stuff to make room for the new motor. Motor is a Hyperion HS3026 1900kv and will be turning a 7/8 or 7/9 depending on what it likes. The Cobra motor in the first Wind was running a 7/9 and was 101 on the gun. This setup should be around 110-115 if I had to guess and still on a 3s Thunder Power 2250 65c. I also upgraded from the 40amp Cobra ESC to a 60amp Eflite. The tail wheel assembly is from a Carbon-Z Yak. I've gone to using those on my tail draggers since they're ready made, $4 and work pretty well. They also have a coil to soak up some landing loads instead of just a bent wire that can break over time and also tends to transfer more loads to the rudder.
SWEET! Nicely done. Lookin' forward to your flight report...
RCAV8T0R is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,072 Posts
Here's the link for the props we use.

http://www.apcprop.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Jun 2004
87 Posts
Thanks for the info Tim. I got the motor mount fixed and am thinking about getting an
ntm 3536 1800kv .A friend of mine has one in a pkz mustang and it,s fast and they are
only about 20 bucks.
DAVE
tempe dave is offline Find More Posts by tempe dave
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,072 Posts
Some pics of the servo and battery relocation to allow for the extra weight of the Hyperion motor.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,072 Posts
Here's a fun picture I took.

Left to right:

Eflite 480 1020kv (Nearly identical output to the Rimfire 10)

Cobra 2814/10 1700kv (Powered my first Wind that met it's demise in a midair. 101mph on the gun.)

Eflite Power 10 (Skipped this one and went to the big block)

Hyperion HS3026 1900kv (Think this one will motivate the Wind pretty well. Everything points to around 115mph but I'll hit it with the gun and see.)
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
Feeding the RC Addiction
Joined Apr 2011
549 Posts
Red Rocket #2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsymonds View Post
Some pics of the servo and battery relocation to allow for the extra weight of the Hyperion motor.
Good lookin' stuff there, tsymonds. She's gonna be a "screamer..."

Still waiting to maiden my red one. Built it awhile ago but the flying conditions here in SD, at least on the weekends for me anyway, haven't been conducive for it yet. I'd like to have little to no wind (no crosswind at all) for the first flight...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
Man RCAV8T0R..you're a patience person. I admire that.

I finally built my other CW (the red one) with better electronics and flew her 1/2 dozen or so times weeks back. It's a relatively nice sport plane for the size. Due to it's long glide tendency on landings, I find I don't like to take her out and fly it as often based on where I mostly fly at (it's not optimal for planes that need long landing runways). Keep that in mind when you maiden. happy flying.
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:26 AM
Feeding the RC Addiction
Joined Apr 2011
549 Posts
Decisions, decisions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef_rc View Post
Man RCAV8T0R..you're a patience person. I admire that.

I finally built my other CW (the red one) with better electronics and flew her 1/2 dozen or so times weeks back. It's a relatively nice sport plane for the size. Due to it's long glide tendency on landings, I find I don't like to take her out and fly it as often based on where I mostly fly at (it's not optimal for planes that need long landing runways). Keep that in mind when you maiden. happy flying.
Reef,
Thanks for the well-wishes. I am looking forward to the maiden since finishing the build some time ago...

I've got a few planes in the hangar & it gets tough to decide what to take to the field. I'm not in a hurry but I also don't like them just turning into hangar queens, either...

Just finished building the Dynam Peaks 3D biplane. That's going to be a fun flying ship since it's a rather large foam bipe. Got a 55" Sbach from Hobbyking on the way now, too. Decisions, decisions...
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
yep...dilema indeed.

Same here. I am in the process of putting EF PT-17 together. Hopefully will be finished by this weekend. I think you may have one of these if I recalled.

Yesterday Aero-Works Freestyle 260 arrived...again dilema. nice problem to have indeed.
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:07 AM
Fret for your pilot...
Phoenix
Joined Apr 2006
380 Posts
Hey guys, im getting ready to pull the trigger on purchasing. Has anyone ran this with the OS .10 motor?
outkast1779 is offline Find More Posts by outkast1779