HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:41 AM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
298 Posts
Discussion
Image for 2D GPS data chart

Hi all I have been trying to figure this out for a few hours and can't find the specific answer I need.

Just got my GPS module and ofcourse I want to make full use of the data recorder software.

I have made both 2D and 3D GPS data charts, I know I can insert an image of the terrain I flew over. The problem I have is actually getting the image from GE and having the Lat & lon position of the image. When I load the image I need to give the Northwest & Southeast Lat&Lon corners of the image. So far the only way of getting an image has been to screen print and crop in paint. This means I dont have the figures for the corners of the image and it wotn fit and scale properly to my glight data. Is there a way of doing this that I am missing?

I would really appreciate a heads up on this
papa_lazerous is online now Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
HI papa,

Sorry for the trouble. While loading images into the 2D and 3D charts is still supported, it can be very tedious, and the support is fairly limited. We recommend exporting the data to view in Google Earth, instead. The GPS module instruction manual describes how to do this.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:24 PM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
298 Posts
Thanks for the reply Bill, I have found a way of doing it now but it involves allot of hassle. I know how to view directly on google earth I was just trying to figure this out also but I know it's not worth the hassle for the most part. Anyways thanks for dropping by and answering my question I'm sure I'll be asking more soon as I have the guardian and osd pro and eagle eyes on order right now to complete my setup
papa_lazerous is online now Find More Posts by papa_lazerous