Closed Thread
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:33 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160 View Post
I placed a first order with Hobby King, I thought long and hard after hearing all the mixed reviews of their service...

I paid with Paypal, I am a paypal verified premiere business member since 2002, the parcel was to be shipped to my paypal verified address...

I've been tracking it, it should have been here yesterday... I track this morning and it now says the package is being returned to Hobby King due to a bad address... IMPOSSIBLE, the address in paypal is checked against the USPS mailing address system, checked for format etc...

It made it 15 miles from my house, the USPS just wanted to hear from Hobby King the correct address so I can go pick it up...

Hobby King won't even lift one finger to solve the issue so the package does not have to go back, instead they tell me they'll inform me when it gets back to them... WHAT A CROCK... LAZY employees, completely incompetent...

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THAT PLACE AGAIN, I WANTED ONE THING THEY HAD, I ORDERED TWO of them to make sure out of two kits I should get at least one that is complete... I can't even get it to my door...

I get Hobby King on the Online support and they won't help in any way shape or form... I am glad I paid with my paypal debit card... I am livid...

I should have heeded all the warning and ignored all the HOBBY KING SHILLS on this site, Jim Bourke, You should be ashamed letting a company like this sponsor your site... All about money, nothing else... Hobby King SUCKS...

I will never order another item from them, what sucks is they have products I can't get anywhere else... BOO HISS... And Shame on YOU RC Groups for letting them advertise on your site, ripping off customer after customer...

And ZERO customer support... AS EXPECTED...

This sucks even worse because I knew the reputation of Hobby King, but I know there are shills and haters, so I thought I would find out for myself... I SURE DID, so anyone that defends or says anything good about Hobby King has either got to be a shill or is getting paid by them or is insane and not in complete control of their minds...

Now I have stuff I ordered from BP (which is a great USA vendor) and have no kit to put it all in... I am disabled, on SSDI, it took the sale of personal items and missed meals to be able to get a new kit, I have to suffer the consequences of others ineptitude and pay for it also with my limited funds... Now it will probably be six months before I even get my money back...
A months worth of groceries I could have, instead I will go without because I wanted to stay in the hobby I love and have a kit to build over the winter... Now nothing but parts that I have no use for from Balsa Products... So I eat it twice, I would not consider sending the products back to them...

So... Anyone that orders anything from Hobby King is a complete fool, you can put me in that category now, I've been screwed by them also, and on my first order...

SHAME ON YOU RC GROUPS FOR ALLOWING THEM TO ADVERTISE HERE...

NEVER ORDER FROM HOBBY KING if you value your money... THEY SUCK...

But I'm the bigger idiot for believing the SHILLS here and taking a chance ordering from them... I'll keep my money in the USA from now on...

Hobby king should be banned from advertising on this site, after all the bad reports they've received here, I believe those called haters VS the known SHILLS...
Ken, apologies are good, but your initial claims seem a bit extreme, don't you think? You immediately jumped on the anti-HK bandwagon and made some pretty WILD accusations. What happens when you're pizza delivery guy is late? Do you answer the door guns a blazin'?

The term shill is an accusation. It means (reading it on the Internets or not) that someone is taking money or goods in exchange for positive reviews or comments thereby creating a false bias of positive reviews. According to the Internets, this CAN be an illegal activity.

To the best of my knowledge, this term is bantied about this forum without a shred of evidence. I, for one, have been accused of being a shill for HobbyKing. I admit, I have received fantastic products at simply amazing prices....but I have to pay the same price as any other Platinum member.

So these accusations are false....yet I have been accused of being a shill...which is called libel since it's written. If it were spoken, it would be slander. Yes, these are legal terms.

What's more, you have trashed RCG and Jim Bourke for taking HK's money. You have trashed HK employees and called them lazy. You have called all HK customers "complete fools."

Seems to me, you owe just about everyone on this forum an apology...and still, you haven't figured out that HK had NOTHING to do with your package getting returned. It's the USPS that screwed up, or you screwed up. One of the two. I don't see how you making some phone calls to try and resolve the issue makes you the hero here... the USPS screwed it up...as usual.... What did you expect HK to do about it?

The best part is your OP stands.... that's my favorite. You or the USPS screws up...and your wild post remains in tact. You have to read down to post #10 before you see it's not HK's fault...by your own admission.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Sep 20, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:51 PM
kdill2160
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity).
Closed Thread