HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Vantasstic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:39 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,369 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
Sold
Headplay Video Goggle System

SOLD to Kasra. Thanks all for looking.

I'm selling my FPV Headplay goggle system with head tracker and video recorder.

Headplay:
I've used the Headplays only about six times. I just can't seem to accommodate my eyes to these where I feel comfortable. I found using a 7" portable LCD screen is much easier and more comfortable for me. This comes with the full stock accessories; ear buds, wall-wart, USB dongle, etc. I don't have a stock Headplay battery. Instead I added wiring to attach a 2S LiPo to power the goggles with. You can also power it from the 12v external jack with the wall-wart or a 12V LiPo (connector not included). It's been reported the internal battery always has a slight draw, even when turned off. For this reason I don't recommend installing and leaving an internal battery connected. I just left the bottom of the Liberator off and plugged/unplugged the battery for each flying session. I recommend charging the internal battery via a standard LiPo charger, not through the wall-wart. Included with the Headplays is a custom made mask which I've trial fitted the Headplays in, but never used for flight. I used a Dean's mini 4-pin connector for the internal battery. I will replace it with a Deans or XT-60 connector at your request.

X-Gyro 1000 Pro Head Tracker: I got this to use with the Headplays, but never fully installed it. It comes with a square Futaba trainer port connector. I adapted a DIN connector for my MPX Tx. The headtracker did work, but I can't verify its functionality now. It does power up. This may be a DOA item...I'm just including it because I have no need for it. If it works...great, if not...sorry.

VuPoint Video Recorder:
This is a pretty basic recorder. It is used, but works fine. It records in 620x480 VGA quality on a SD card (up to 32meg...not included). It includes A/V input and output cables and operates on 5v via the included wall-wart or external battery. I'm included a barrel plug with this. You will need to add your own 5v regulator to power it. I used an old brushed ESC and just tapped the BEC portion to power it. You can connect this between your VRx and Headplays to see what you're recording and verify the recorder is recording your signal. I can check to see if I have a spare 5v regulator and can install it for you at no charge IF I have a spare one laying around.

So after all that what's the damage? I'm asking $250 shipped in the continental US for the entire set. Everything works with the exception of a ? on the headtracker. I will ship outside the US, but the buyer must pay actual shipping and is responsible for any customs/import fees. I prefer PayPal for quick payment and fast shipping. I will need a day or two to box it up and customize the battery connectors if requested. No payment will be required until the unit is shipment ready.

Thanks for looking.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Sep 21, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:48 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
666 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
how much for just the headplay.
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:26 PM
United States, MI
Joined Nov 2003
770 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Hey Vantasstic if u do decide to split it up I'd like to get the ski goggles with the HP mask
Hamanu is online now Find More Posts by Hamanu
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:24 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,369 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm going to hold off to see if anyone wants the full set. If not then I'll consider splitting it up. Minimum purchase would be the Headplay plus ski goggle mask...asking price to be determined later.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:26 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,369 Posts
Full set pending payment from Kasra.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread