HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:56 PM
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Logged 4 New Years Day flights on my XL today. Still going strong after almost a full year and just under 200 flights.
Reaper802 is offline Find More Posts by Reaper802
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:05 PM
Planely Addicted
1236 Fremont St. Lancaster, PA 17603-6812
Joined Mar 2005
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markran View Post
It's a #11 keychain cam (~$40) with a .67 wide angle lens glued on the front (~$8). It's attached with velcro to the top of the rear wing right next to the elevator. I grabbed these stills because the video is completely motion sickness inducing. That must be why we don't see much video from cameras on aerobatic planes .

I think the results would be much better on a more stable craft. Maybe something fast that could go from water to air and back again...
I have done a lot of videos with my 808_#16 camera, for my own entertainment. I have used it on a powered glider, where I can turn off the motor and get really good video. I just finished the MAKO and am looking forward to some good stuff with it on the lake when the guy with the boat shows up. (Just in case, y'know?) By the way, there are some good videos on the MAKO thread.
Fred Dings, II is offline Find More Posts by Fred Dings, II
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:35 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
McFoamy XL

Hi Greg,
Well after a long time sitting in the hangar I finally flew the XL out in front of the house. Can you say "WOW" cause I sure did, this plane is amazing, you did a great job with this kit, I love it, My hangar comprises 1- Mako, 1- Mini Mako
1-Yak an now the XL these are the only planes I fly, I don't need or want to fly any of my other planes because your stuff flies so well and are so much fun, that my other stuff only comes out at certain events where 3D flying is frowned upon.
WMparkflyers "buy em, fly em, love em" I know I do you guys rock

Eric
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Mar 25, 2013, 09:08 AM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Joined Mar 2011
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hi Greg,
Well after a long time sitting in the hangar I finally flew the XL out in front of the house. Can you say "WOW" cause I sure did, this plane is amazing, you did a great job with this kit, I love it, My hangar comprises 1- Mako, 1- Mini Mako
1-Yak an now the XL these are the only planes I fly, I don't need or want to fly any of my other planes because your stuff flies so well and are so much fun, that my other stuff only comes out at certain events where 3D flying is frowned upon.
WMparkflyers "buy em, fly em, love em" I know I do you guys rock

Eric
Great news Eric!!! ...I love mine too. Greg and the crew have this foamie thing figured out for sure!!

~Jase
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:17 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,712 Posts
We are very happy that you are having so much fun - That is what this whole thing is really about.

Barb -
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2013, 08:00 PM
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Knocked the cobwebs off the McFoamy XL today and logged 4 flights. Almost 200 flights on her now.

I moved the CG back a good amount to get a more neutral feel. Still flies great, just an amazing value. Everyone should own one of these!
Old May 30, 2013, 06:49 PM
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Greg and the crew knocked it out of the park yet again! Ordered a Red to Yellow faded XL for a fellow club member and it looks amazing. He should have her in the air sometime next week. I hope to get a little video to post.

Just an amazing value, you can't miss with this airframe!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:22 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,933 Posts
Does anyone have both the McFoamy XL and MX2 XL? Are there any differences in the flight characteristics?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Does anyone have both the McFoamy XL and MX2 XL? Are there any differences in the flight characteristics?

They both fly great buy the McFoamy XL is a little longer and fly s a little smoother knife edge and hovers a little easier
Blaser is offline Find More Posts by Blaser
Old Jul 02, 2013, 09:42 AM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,712 Posts

West Michigan Park Flyers is bringing you BIG savings over the 4th of July.

Save all weekend long.

Stock up for the winter building season that is right around the corner or get a kit build it up and get out and fly before the summer is gone. Either way you save BIG !!!

Enter the code listed on the banner above during checkout any time from July 4 - July 7 and SAVE !
Link: www.WMParkFlyers.com
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by WMParkFlyer; Jul 02, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:10 AM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,712 Posts
Don't forget about the Great Turkey Hunt.

The word on the street is that a Great Turkey Is going to appear on www.wmparkflyers.com today. Click on it to win a free airframe for 1 cent plus 7.00 shipping. This will include the new Highlander serial #1 the first one off the line !

Happy Thanksgiving!

[/SIZE]
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2013, 04:47 PM
salt lake ut
Joined Oct 2009
63 Posts
ke coupling

just got unbuild xl mcfoamy shorts kit off rc groups classifieds for xmas.
this is my 7th epp build
haven't started yet, gotta wait for xmas, did looked inside kit looks great.
couple of q.

1.ke roll coupling- does it have any? please tell me also where is your batt is (top or bottom of horiz fuse?

I usually shave foam usually top o fuse and move weight to get it to work out to zero coupling. trying to get idea of where to start so I don't have to shave any.

2. I have plastic stick mount (older kit)and read about the more durabile newer kit ply mount. would it be worth it to make into a plywood mount? got plenty of scrap foam in box, be easy enough now.
brokeneck is offline Find More Posts by brokeneck
Old Dec 17, 2013, 03:41 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeneck View Post
just got unbuild xl mcfoamy shorts kit off rc groups classifieds for xmas.
this is my 7th epp build
haven't started yet, gotta wait for xmas, did looked inside kit looks great.
couple of q.

1.ke roll coupling- does it have any? please tell me also where is your batt is (top or bottom of horiz fuse?

I usually shave foam usually top o fuse and move weight to get it to work out to zero coupling. trying to get idea of where to start so I don't have to shave any.

2. I have plastic stick mount (older kit)and read about the more durabile newer kit ply mount. would it be worth it to make into a plywood mount? got plenty of scrap foam in box, be easy enough now.
I would go with the plywood mount as we have found the mass of the larger motor will tweak the thrust angle in the event of impact with the ground !

There is very little if any coupling with this model when built straight and balanced correctly. It was originally a depron pattern plane.

Battery right side under Horizontal fuse. We usually mount them to the right side of the bottom fuse for better lateral balance.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:21 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,712 Posts

Wmparkflyers.com is having a Ground Hog Day Sale ! Buy any epp kit ang get a foam parts kit of the same airframe * FREE!

* Note: Purchase of an Acro Magnum or Magnum Reloaded in the above sale will include a Yak55 for the free foam parts.

Your Free Foam Parts plane will not show up on the order but will be in your shipment.

No special codes to enter or hoops to jump through. Just plane and simple. Every order received on Sunday gets a free foam parts plane in the box for FREE !

Happy Ground Hog Day and lets hope for an early spring !
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2014, 10:18 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,500 Posts
I need a new plane. My Yak 55 sure is looking rough .
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55