HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2012, 05:11 AM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,712 Posts
Jase Dussia Flying the WMPF McFoamy XL 2/2/12 (5 min 18 sec)

Jase going out for a maiden flight on the Mcfoamy XL !!! You don't see many maiden flights flying this hot !! Great Job Jase !!!
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2012, 06:43 AM
He Reigns
United States, MI
Joined Apr 2011
286 Posts
That is some fantastic flying Jase, look forward to more videos.

And by your exclaimation at the end, I am thinking you really like the XL.
bdiesel3 is offline Find More Posts by bdiesel3
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:39 AM
Central Indiana
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagayama13 View Post
On larger planes I like to test how a plane hovers by flying a line straight up and reducing power like I'm going to perform a stall turn. Then I will high alpha and beta around, test roll rates, and finally hover.
Actually tried this on a flight the other evening about 40 feet up into the wind, worked fine until a wind gust drifted it towards the trees and had to abort the hover. Just need more stick time!! Got about 10 minutes of flight time with a 3S1300 pack I have, nothing but fun, fun, fun!!! Love this airplane!!!
m.davis is offline Find More Posts by m.davis
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:10 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,240 Posts

Amazing flight Jase. Did you even trim it out?
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Who needs trim when you can do rollers like that??? Sick work kid, keep it up.
Reaper802 is offline Find More Posts by Reaper802
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
OSMBuddha
KC Mo
Joined Mar 2007
784 Posts
Phenomenal flight Jase........I hate you.....jk! Lol
nagayama13 is offline Find More Posts by nagayama13
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Got 4 packs in this morning. I'm starting to get her dialed in and things keep getting lower and lower.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper802 View Post
Got 4 packs in this morning. I'm starting to get her dialed in and things keep getting lower and lower.
How's the winter weather been in MD lately? We're finally getting a little snow today after going nearly two weeks without any. Definitely not normal for west MI in February. It's been amazingly good for outdoor flying when indoor is the norm. Last weekend was so nice a group of us got together and spent the whole afternoon flying both foamies and larger balsa electrics. We're getting some bonus flying time this year.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f029hPmjuZ4&feature=g-u-u&context=G2d5fe58FUAAAAAAABAA

Jase going out for a maiden flight on the Mcfoamy XL !!! You don't see many maiden flights flying this hot !! Great Job Jase !!!
Amazing what any plane looks like in the hands of the right pilot
BryanEW710 is online now Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:33 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Amazing what any plane looks like in the hands of the right pilot
You bet, Jase is an incredibly talented pilot and is really starting to make a name for himself. Greg was quick to notice this and bring him on board and he now also flies for Extreme Flight. He's very happy with the XL too. We flew together this past weekend and he was flying it so much his dad couldn't keep up charging packs.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
How's the winter weather been in MD lately? We're finally getting a little snow today after going nearly two weeks without any. Definitely not normal for west MI in February. It's been amazingly good for outdoor flying when indoor is the norm. Last weekend was so nice a group of us got together and spent the whole afternoon flying both foamies and larger balsa electrics. We're getting some bonus flying time this year.
Pretty tame here so far like it should be. 35* lows to mid 50s* for a high. The last two winters here have been historically bad so back to the norm is nice.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
You bet, Jase is an incredibly talented pilot and is really starting to make a name for himself. Greg was quick to notice this and bring him on board and he now also flies for Extreme Flight. He's very happy with the XL too. We flew together this past weekend and he was flying it so much his dad couldn't keep up charging packs.
Nice endorsement. It'd be nice to have such a talented pilot easily at hand to watch or ask advice from. Does he build all his own stuff?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:05 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Nice endorsement. It'd be nice to have such a talented pilot easily at hand to watch or ask advice from. Does he build all his own stuff?
His dad builds all his planes from foams to 100cc. His dad did some additional trussing and has Jase's XL really rigid.

I do like having someone as talented as Jase to work with on these. His input is very valuable in developing Greg's planes. He's attending Efest with, I think, a couple new prototypes. That and we're working on another 39" to release this spring.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:34 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,094 Posts
Quote:
His dad builds all his planes from foams to 100cc. His dad did some additional trussing and has Jase's XL really rigid.

I do like having someone as talented as Jase to work with on these. His input is very valuable in developing Greg's planes. He's attending Efest with, I think, a couple new prototypes. That and we're working on another 39" to release this spring.

I hope Jase does well at E-fest!
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
His dad builds all his planes from foams to 100cc.
Wish I had someone to build for me! I hate building, lol.