SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:56 PM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,844 Posts
Thanks - motors arrived today! Got to say www.allrocketengines.ca rocks!

Pretty much exactly as you described and really high quality stuff - very light. I'll mount it all up and wait until the framework is complete before doing another test burn - I only have 6 re-loads and more are on back-order

Temp this week is hovering around 0 That's when us Canucks start to get cabin fever and want to go fly something!
Hepdog is online now Find More Posts by Hepdog
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:04 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,438 Posts
Note, that depending on when yours were packaged, you might have to re-use the o-ring for the three motors....also, be sure to find the right non flamable high temp lube, I use superlube....on the o-rings and the casing/threads....

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepdog View Post
Thanks - motors arrived today! Got to say www.allrocketengines.ca rocks!

Pretty much exactly as you described and really high quality stuff - very light. I'll mount it all up and wait until the framework is complete before doing another test burn - I only have 6 re-loads and more are on back-order

Temp this week is hovering around 0 That's when us Canucks start to get cabin fever and want to go fly something!
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Natter
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:27 PM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,844 Posts
Thanks again Frank - single O ring but I have lots in the shop. Aerotech says I can use vaseline for lube once the supplied stuff runs out? Any experience with that?

Just got informed tonight is a movie night - new things to play with and no time....
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:02 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,438 Posts
I have not used vaseline, but if aerotech says that is ok, I guess that's fine.

I thought they wanted something hi temp so it doesn't run, but since you aren't using an ejection charge, there is nothing to get contaminated if it does run a bit.

Remember, that E-6 reload thrust is about a pound or so, so won't help much but will give you a nice long burn for effect.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepdog View Post
Thanks again Frank - single O ring but I have lots in the shop. Aerotech says I can use vaseline for lube once the supplied stuff runs out? Any experience with that?

Just got informed tonight is a movie night - new things to play with and no time....
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Natter
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:15 PM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj View Post
I have not used vaseline, but if aerotech says that is ok, I guess that's fine.

I thought they wanted something hi temp so it doesn't run, but since you aren't using an ejection charge, there is nothing to get contaminated if it does run a bit.

Remember, that E-6 reload thrust is about a pound or so, so won't help much but will give you a nice long burn for effect.

Frank
My target weight is under 4lbs all up with around 6lbs static prop thrust so 1lb of thrust makes a small but noticeable difference - plus gotta love the smoke and flame etc. The framework is about 50% complete and only weighs 8oz so far. This motor with casing weighs almost 20% as much as the framework!

Much easier adding a rocket motor for a 1lb thrust gain than trying to find a 1lb weight loss....