Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
An octowhat?
Joined Jun 2012
73 Posts
Does anyone know where you can get parts for the 5N? I had an (ahem) incident back in the summer that involved the LCD getting smashed. I have the replacement LCD but the ribbon cable was also damaged in the (err...) incident and I can't find one anywhere and Sony won't reply! I need the ribbon cable that goes from the LCD into the machine.

This one...
Name: Picture 4.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 114.7 KB
Description: Need Nex 5N ribbon cable.
Orinoco is offline Find More Posts by Orinoco
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:23 PM
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
308 Posts
Bummer Orinoco... I wish I had an answer for you. This is why, as aerial videographers, we must get the protection plan when purchasing a camera! We are the most likely to break our gear. I'm glad I'm covered for 3 years.
Chadfish is offline Find More Posts by Chadfish
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
An octowhat?
Joined Jun 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfish View Post
Bummer Orinoco... I wish I had an answer for you. This is why, as aerial videographers, we must get the protection plan when purchasing a camera! We are the most likely to break our gear. I'm glad I'm covered for 3 years.
I have cover and have been using it like this since June! Everything else about the camera still works fine. I use the HDMI output anyway so never look at the LCD. It just means I can't use the camera on anything other than the octo, such as just for general photography, but that may not be a bad thing. Saves a little bit of weight anyway!

I just don't want to use my insurance cover and was hoping it would be easy to get the part. Apparently not!
Orinoco is offline Find More Posts by Orinoco
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,113 Posts
I had an accident with my camera.... I looked everywhere for spare parts... Sony tends to keep them only for their technicians so they can get your money out the repair.. They charge me a main board nearly 250 Euros... The only advise is i can give is look for ebay auctions for broken cameras offered for spare parts but due to lack of spare parts in the market these auctions usually end up relatively high... You might also want to contact sony....
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:56 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orinoco View Post
I have cover and have been using it like this since June! Everything else about the camera still works fine. I use the HDMI output anyway so never look at the LCD. It just means I can't use the camera on anything other than the octo, such as just for general photography, but that may not be a bad thing. Saves a little bit of weight anyway!

I just don't want to use my insurance cover and was hoping it would be easy to get the part. Apparently not!
Maybe you could pick up a secondhand electronic view finder. (EVF)
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Nov 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
That's a pretty good price on the Samsung NX, hopefully it works out well for FPV. Sense there are not a lot of people using it, please let us know how it does. How does it handle vibration (Jello???), video quality, Video out, etc are all stuff I would be curious about.
Well, Here I have some pics from my samsung NX1000 , I am very happy with the results, 0% blur in all my photos
claudiovast is offline Find More Posts by claudiovast
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
79 Posts
I had to resize the photos.. They really look much better in 20MP
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:13 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,089 Posts
I am very interested in knowing more about that Samsung. Are you able to tell my how you trigger this?
uptime4downtime is online now Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,089 Posts
In the reiviews, the edge sharpness didn't look too bad at all with the stock lens (at 30mm)
uptime4downtime is online now Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,113 Posts
Great results and great photos man... Well done... That samsung looks like a good piece of equipment... Do you have wirless trigger button for this or is there a setting that takes a pic every now and then?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Nov 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
Great results and great photos man... Well done... That samsung looks like a good piece of equipment... Do you have wirless trigger button for this or is there a setting that takes a pic every now and then?
I first started using the remote viewfinder (connected via wifi to a samsung tablet) but the connection failed everytime I went 20 feet far so I put a servo on the shutter button like a use to do with my cheaper cameras . Video quality on the ground looks OK, I will try it on the quad this weekend and see, But my cheap gimbal and my quadcopter "no hex or octo" wont help. For video out I dont have the cable, I didnt came in the package. For FPV I am using an other camera. I am very happy with the results, I have taken more than 50 photos and no blur. Iam using it on landscape mode, dont know much about "shutter speed, aperture, ISO" combinations for now. I am thinking in buying a 16MM pancake lens that samsung is offering for this camera

I dont know how its stands against the NEX5 but with the discount I got I dont care. I can now forget about blured pictures
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Aug 2007
683 Posts
Sneak Peak at some photos for an oceanfront home for sale here in Maui
473 Laulea Place

Sony Nex-5n Kit lens at 18mm. Full manual 1250/sec shutter F5, manual focus. FPV Pilot hexa RTF kit. Go Pro mount via Power's idea
Wind was blowing 30-40mph. It was all I could do to keep her level!

www.NateVolk.com for more photos, virtual tour, etc...
MauiNate is offline Find More Posts by MauiNate
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
308 Posts
Does the Samsung NX1000 shoot 1080p60? Or at least 720p60?
Chadfish is offline Find More Posts by Chadfish
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,113 Posts
Claudio check whether there is a gentLed available for your samsung. It is an IR module that connects on your receiver and sends signal to your camera via the TX switch to be triggered....

Check their site here
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Nov 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
Claudio check whether there is a gentLed available for your samsung. It is an IR module that connects on your receiver and sends signal to your camera via the TX switch to be triggered....

Check their site here
I just checked it, unfortunetely is not available for the NX1000. I will have to keep the servo shutter.
The camera films in 1080 and 720 at 30fps