HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2003, 01:14 PM
uk, Lancashire
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
Gyro trouble please can someone please help me???

Hi,

I have recently put a csm hlg200 hh gyro in my hummingbird. I have installed in the front, the gyro is a cased version. The label on the gyro is faceing the side as if you were looking at the heli from the side. The only problem is when i apply throttle for take off the tail just spins that fast that it just spins around in circles. Does anybody know how i stop this.

I have also added the 370 motor, head mod and swashplate from heilhobby.

I know its probably a user error i just dont know how to fix it or were to start???

thanks alot
zetex

My Gyro Setup

Do this look ok???? have a look at the image and let me know
zetex is offline Find More Posts by zetex
Last edited by zetex; Sep 14, 2003 at 09:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2003, 01:53 PM
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,642 Posts
Try holding the rudder stick full left when starting. On JR radios you will need to reverse rudder channel and do the same.
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2003, 02:04 PM
uk, Lancashire
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
hi

thanks for the reply, i'am currently using the Gws transmitter that it came with.

Why do you hold the left stick all the way to the left when connecting power or taking off????

zetex
Old Sep 14, 2003, 02:20 PM
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,642 Posts
First plug everything in. Wait 2 seconda and then push the Rudder stick full left and hold it for 3 seconds. Let go and everything should work This is what I have to do on my Futaba Gy240 gyro.
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2003, 02:28 PM
uk, Lancashire
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
thanks for the reply m8,

how much gain have you got your gyro set to???

zetex
Old Sep 15, 2003, 10:51 PM
Joined Oct 2002
349 Posts
i thought a hh gyro would be holding the heading all the way through the throttle range? or is the effect not large enough during idle for the gyro to detect? by idle i mean throttle is not large enough to lift
Glenn Cain is offline Find More Posts by Glenn Cain