AT first , i will show some album

FD-A (Altimeter) Manual
Information
Dimension 21×13×5mm Height Range -500m~9000m
Weight 1.3g Height Precision 0.3m
Connector 1.25mm pin Temperature Range -10℃~90℃
Operating Voltage 3.7V~8.4V Temperature Precision 1℃
Working Current 6 mA(4.8V) Sampling Frequency 1Hz/2Hz/4Hz/8Hz
Upload Interface USB Storage Capacity >63h(1Hz)
FD-A used to record the height of flying. It is ultra light, small and convenient. Cooperate with software can learn the data of flight clearly.
How to use FD-A record the height
Plug the power line into FD-A and supply power to it. The blue LED on the FD-A will light, after 10s, it will start to record the height, the blue LED on the FD-A will flash, the flash of the frequency is related to the sampling frequency set. When the storage capacity>75%, the red LED on the FD-A will flash slowly; When storage > 85%, the red LED on the FD-A will flash quickly; When storage > 95%, the red LED will light on. Storage capacity up to 100%, FD-A will stop record.
Connecting the FD-A to PC
Connect the FD- A with USB adapter and then plug into your PC. The blue LED on the FD-A will light if the FD-A - PC link is working. You may have to install the driver at the first time connecting to PC, the corresponding driver files in CP210x folder.
Double click the FD-Altimeter.exe file on the PC. You will see an opening screen: “Enjoy your flight with FD-A”. Two buttons give you a choice between controlling the link and displaying flight data.
Working with the USB Link
The Link button gives you a choice of Upload, Clear or Setup functions.
Upload: Initiates data transfer from the FD-A to a file (.fda) on the PC. The appropriate COM port must first be selected. The progress of the transfer will be shown by the bar display. The indicator light on the FD-A will be off during transfer and will come back on when the process is complete.
Clear: Deletes ALL DATE stored in the FD-A. The progress of deletion will be shown by the dialog box. The indicator light will be off during deletion and will come back on when the process is complete.
Setup: Allows choice of sampling frequency (1Hz or 2Hz or 4Hz or 8Hz– i.e., 1 or 2 or 4 or 8 samples per second).
Note: Do not unplug the FD-A or USB adapter while the link is working. In order to shorten the download time, we suggest you clear your FD-A capacity regularly.
Displaying Flight Data
The Curve button allows you to display a chart of altitude and temperature against time.
Click Open on the toolbar to show the available data files (.fda). Double click on a file and you will see a list of Flight Records identified by flight duration.
Double click on a flight record to display a curve of altitude and temperature during the flight. Click on the List button to show other flight records in the file.
The various buttons on the toolbar enable you to work with the display.
Drag enables you to move the curve. Mark shows the numerical value for a point on the curve. Screen Shot allows you to capture an image of the curve to share. Peak Search quickly finds the maximum altitude reached during the flight.
The Arrow buttons allow you to move the curve: Left, Right, Up, Down.
The Hzoom buttons adjust the X-axis (time) from 1 second to 2 hours per division.
The Vzoom buttons adjust the Y-axis (altitude) from 5m to 1000m per division.
flydreamrc is offline Find More Posts by flydreamrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:56 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,092 Posts
I have heard some good things about it, and Robust just helped me order one a few days ago. Looking forward to trying it out!
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:07 PM
Joined Oct 2009
128 Posts
Dear Thomaslee,
Thanks for interesting FD-A , hope you will get it soonest.You can download the soft ware from :http://www.fd-rc.com/en/manual/FD-A-2011-9-6.rar
flydreamrc is offline Find More Posts by flydreamrc
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:55 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2006
177 Posts
Ok, where can I get one and how much will it cost (US$ please)??
Windrider53 is online now Find More Posts by Windrider53
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:44 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
I bought one from :http://www.sdmodel.com.tw/shop/catal...roducts_id=931
now i am waitting .......
bright glass is offline Find More Posts by bright glass
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:45 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,092 Posts
Thanks, just finished downloading
Don't think it arrived yet, so I won't be able to try it tomorrow, but I will be able to next weekend..yes!!
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:14 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Aha, I got FlyDream altimeter. It is smaller than i thought. Very nice! I will share pics with everyone when i got my camera.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
This is the pics :

Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:35 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2006
177 Posts
$1,450.00?!?!?!? Is that even close to right?
Windrider53 is online now Find More Posts by Windrider53
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:40 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Nov 2003
1,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53 View Post
that's referred to Taiwan dollar, not USD
Kai@UCSB is offline Find More Posts by Kai@UCSB
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:00 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53 View Post

Aha , $1450 can buy 30 pcs.but i bought it 310RMB FROM IT . SO 1450 not USD.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:46 AM
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
China local vendor?
bluesunshine is offline Find More Posts by bluesunshine
Last edited by bluesunshine; Sep 20, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:16 AM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Today ,i took elevator to make a test of FD-A, the elevator has 28 layer, the results of the measurement is 76m, it is the same altitude with the buildings,so great~
,no more words , show me my test graphic,hahaha
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:47 AM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts

Aha ,share my height of electronic sailplanes , i got more than 450m.I thought i can fly more far,but i am afraid my receiver can't get it.
dream flying is offline Find More Posts by dream flying
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:24 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Dec 2002
166 Posts
To the software designer:

1. Please make the ability to export data in a format that is readable by other software such as Excel.

2. When I hover the mouse position over a data point I'd like it to give the number for that data point.

3. Give the ability to make the icons at the top tool bar much smaller, and the information window at the bottom ('Your name",'Plane Equipment' etc) much smaller - or even disappear. This is to give more screen to the data graph.

4. Give the ability to show the data in a numerical format, and the ability to copy this data.
Snitch7 is offline Find More Posts by Snitch7