HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kmot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:21 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,296 Posts
Discussion
I try to think positive.....

I really do. I do not mope around thinking "poor me I always have bad luck".

But damn, sometimes I just really seem to have a string of bad luck!

I have crashed and destroyed two airplanes in the past month.

I bought a Hobbyzone Champ. It was defective out of the box, elevator did not work. My LHS guy exchanged it for me. I have been messing with the new one all day trying to get it to re-bind after losing its bind in the first minute or so of running. Nothing works. It won't bind. Gonna have to take it back too.....

Next, when putting some stuff away, a brand new built XPD-8 ducted fan jet that was sitting on a stack of magazines below my radio shelf, had a DX6 fall on it punching 4 holes through the styrofoam airplane, three in the wings and one through the top of the canopy. I took great care not to mess up the foam while constructing this model and now without ever having a single toss into the air it has been hammered.

What's next?
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:59 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,197 Posts
How did the DX6 fall on it? Was that bad management or bad luck?
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,296 Posts
Both. I bumped the DX6 when I was placing my DX7 on the shelf next to it. I normally have the antenna straight up, so it the radio were to fall forward the antenna will catch on the shelf frame directly above it and prevent it from falling over. But the antenna was not up as I had been using the DX6 to set up a model for running and nelected to put it back on the shelf with the antenna upright.

So poor management in that I did not put the antenna up, I placed a model on the floor instead of up high on a shelf, and bad luck in that I bumped the radio when normally I set them side by side and never touch them together.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:57 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Both. I bumped the DX6 when I was placing my DX7 on the shelf next to it. I normally have the antenna straight up, so it the radio were to fall forward the antenna will catch on the shelf frame directly above it and prevent it from falling over. But the antenna was not up as I had been using the DX6 to set up a model for running and nelected to put it back on the shelf with the antenna upright.

So poor management in that I did not put the antenna up, I placed a model on the floor instead of up high on a shelf, and bad luck in that I bumped the radio when normally I set them side by side and never touch them together.

OK mate, better luck next time.

I'm regularly having issues so much so I have to write down 1. "what happened" 2. "what caused it" 3. "what is needed to prevent this happening again"

Otherwise I'll just say "oh well, bad luck" Then it happens again & again

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie