HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:43 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Discussion
Hamburg, PA Jet Rally

Is anyone from our EDF community going to the Hamburg Jet rally Oct 6-9th?
If not, has anyone been to fly at their field? I think Chris True has?

If I go it looks like I can spend the day Friday but that's about it with family obligations on the weekend.

http://www.farviewflyers.net/
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:56 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,179 Posts
I think I'll be going up Wed. night to be there bright and early on Thursday and then fly Friday also. I've got a wedding to go to Saturday so I can't stay the weekend. Ron Stahl is planning on going and there is Harold another PGRC member. Both fly electrics, BV will be there. I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 others. It's a good place to fly, neither of your planes will have any trouble at all getting off. If you totally blow the landing the surface gets a little bumpy towards the end but there is 800 feet or so of very smooth / rolled surface to work with. I think the total strip is 1,800 feet.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Sep 16, 2011, 04:10 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Awesome Chris. I'll make plans to join you for the day if the weather looks nice on Friday. Do you bring a generator? I don't think they have charging on site unless you invade the cook's space, right?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 05:03 PM
Joined Dec 1996
8,179 Posts
Correct, no AC. I bring my 1,000 watt Honda and 55 amp power supply. Ron's got one as well. Between the two of us I'm sure we could spare a few electrons.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,266 Posts
Sure would like to make it. Doubtful.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:00 PM
Joined Dec 1996
8,179 Posts
Hope you can make it Bob. This one may be my last hurrah for the season, with a $400 AC repair bill / new pool cover + the charge to close etc. I think I"m done for 800 mile trips this year
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:52 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris True View Post
Hope you can make it Bob. This one may be my last hurrah for the season, with a $400 AC repair bill / new pool cover + the charge to close etc. I think I"m done for 800 mile trips this year
We excavated our pool out at the start of the year and leveled the pool house. Still need to replace it in some fashion to make up for the lost storage space but I don't miss the maintenance of it!

Thanks for the offer to charge. I'm just over an hour from the field so I'll come with a set or two of charged packs then see if I need to charge more. Hope the weather is nice....it'll be a game day decision.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 1996
8,179 Posts
Well, the pool is very nice in the summer but that's about over. I installed solar water panels on the roof last year, it opens the season up to mid April - mid-September. I went in day before yesterday and the water was 86F. Not today though <g>.

Hope to see you in PA...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:04 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,923 Posts
I went 2 years ago. The field is very smooth. i flew 90 jets there no problem. The runway slopes down hill which is sort of wierd and need up or down elevator to to level low passes.

The Blaze at Hamburg Jet Rally '09 (6 min 11 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale View Post
Is anyone from our EDF community going to the Hamburg Jet rally Oct 6-9th?
If not, has anyone been to fly at their field? I think Chris True has?

If I go it looks like I can spend the day Friday but that's about it with family obligations on the weekend.

http://www.farviewflyers.net/
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler