HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:36 AM
Metallized™
Riga/Latvia
Joined Nov 2006
77 Posts
Hi Donatas!

Awesome design!!

Could you enlighten me about the set-up? The same old JR servos that where used in Sultimate will have enough grunt for those ailerons and rudder+motor?

About the thrust vectoring- Is vectoring kit supplied, or it must be hand made?

Thanks, Andris
DronN is offline Find More Posts by DronN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:25 PM
Joined Nov 2004
961 Posts
Dear Andy why judge need an airplane?

Andrew, Jr188 will not handle rudder and motor control for long time, other thing is JR290g ore Hitec65. Also ailerons require two JR290 ore one Hitec65.

As you can see from pictures i made vector control using two ball links and 1.5 mm carbon rod. Its not that hard to do actually. First release of Arrow kits will not have ball links for this purpose. If there will be demand we will try to find good option for this.
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:32 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
Dear Andy why judge need an airplane?
Like it or not he is going to enter freestyle, even if it has to be with my planes

Lithuanian flying an all British design when he can get his hands on a Lithuanian one? You should be ashamed

Pity you cannot bring a big pile with you and cover your costs so you can show us how its done once again

First question I always get asked is Donatas coming again. You made a great impression on the pilots and spectators alike my friend
Andycap is online now Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:21 PM
Joined Nov 2004
961 Posts
Andy i was joking I want to come this year, but there is still some problems, first of them my main practice hall is closed for repair, so i can not practice. Other thing i need to build new box to carry planes. If i can solve these two problems, i will contact you right away.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:07 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,933 Posts
If there is anything we can do do here to help make things easy for you I promise we will.

Building the box is easy! Practice venue is much harder to solve. F3P models and simulators just don't work..
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:53 AM
Joined Nov 2004
961 Posts
Just received Arrow V5 kits, several things updated from prototype looks extremely good. I dare to say Aeromusical kits did not look so well Send your order to donatasdesign@gmail.com. Arrow kit price is 59eur + shipping.
Detailed pictures coming soon.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:14 AM
Joined Nov 2004
961 Posts
Pictures of first mass production. I will start building thread right away. This will be my competition Aeromusical model i will use in German championship and hopefully in EIM as well.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:47 AM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,933 Posts
Hi Don that kit looks really nice and great to see decent control horns etc that you do not need to throw away. If you manage to get to EIM make sure you bring plenty of models with you. You might also want to talk to Paul at Electricwingman (Simon Mills Buddy). I'm sure Paul would be interested in selling your designs.

Andy
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Nov 2004
961 Posts
Thank you Andy i will have this in mind! Post short article on my homepage:
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/stories/...s-design-.html
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:01 PM
leliommarino
United States, MA
Joined Nov 2007
656 Posts
wow don cant wait to see that new sultimate/ are these V5's available in the USA yet?
leliommarino is offline Find More Posts by leliommarino
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:06 AM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leliommarino View Post
wow don cant wait to see that new sultimate/ are these V5's available in the USA yet?
They are on the way. I will post when they have arrived...hopefully the week of 17 October.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:13 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,265 Posts
Donatas,

This is amazing! I need two of theses also! Along with two of the symmetrical! it almost makes me happy winter indoor flying is starting, almost.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:45 AM
Joined Nov 2004
961 Posts
Dear Tim, wait till you see Sultimate V3, then youw ill be really haoppy that indoor season is already here
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:32 AM
leliommarino
United States, MA
Joined Nov 2007
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL322 View Post
They are on the way. I will post when they have arrived...hopefully the week of 17 October.

Regards,

Dave
wow that soon gotta get some electronics ready for this thing
leliommarino is offline Find More Posts by leliommarino
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:52 PM
Sverige, Södermanlands Län, Eskilstuna
Joined Jan 2008
192 Posts
Arrov V5 Finished

Hi.
Now I have maiden my ARROW V5 indoors in the school gym here in Eskilstuna Sweden.
I started the build yesterday evening and finished 03.15 this morning :-).
I had promised Per at Autopartner to bring it for our weekly Saturday indoor flight and Per also had a new built Arrow with him.
I did mine with CF rods instead of the white nylon thread for for rudder as Per did.
As I am not the very best indoor pilot I want duability so I used UHUPoor glu for all depron parts and Zacko + cicker for Controle horn and CF.
Weight without LiPo 150 gram (5.29 ounces) including HK TURNIGY 2204-14T 19g Outrunner, 3 x HXT500 5g / .8kg / .10sec Micro Servo and Hobbyking SS Series 8-10A ESC.
As I am an amateur I went for a cheap setup.
Took me 10 minute to try out the CG but then it flew really nice.
Petrik59 is offline Find More Posts by Petrik59