Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:37 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Hi Dave

You have to love the power of the axi race

Ive never done any static tests with the Axi but have used the very same race and 325 45c cells on Turnigy 6amp escs without a problem, ( I don't doubt your current figures BTW )of course hardly ever achieving full power indoors.

Connor may be correct and may be over doing the BEC with his Spektrum Digitals servo's all round.

Connor when does the problem happen? Is it just with throttle use or when you move the surfaces?
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Last edited by Andycap; Jan 30, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
947 Posts
Dave went down the same path I was about to take also you should look at what the servos draw I remember a few pages back he said he was planning on some pretty good sized servos. I am betting the bec in the TB9 is not rated for as much as a P10. I am not 100% sure but I can find out. I do know that the P10 takes allot more amperage abuse than the TB9.

Devin
Devin McGRath is online now Find More Posts by Devin McGRath
Old Jan 31, 2012, 05:44 AM
Connor Stephenson
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
I took off, did a circuit, trimmed it, flying straight and level and everything cut out and It crashed...

I range checked it and it does it at different ranges everytime, So i swapped the rx to one I know works and it still did the same thing...

I wouldn't worry, it's just gonna be a faulty one that no one will ever understand so i shall get it swapped Just wondered if anyone knew what the problem might be but it seems to be guess work on amps vaults and BEC which is all I could narrow it down too

Thanks everyone though!

In other news, this Arrow is definitely the stiffest indoor model by a long long way!

Connor
F3P Connor is offline Find More Posts by F3P Connor
Last edited by F3P Connor; Jan 31, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:46 AM
Connor Stephenson
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin McGRath View Post
Dave went down the same path I was about to take also you should look at what the servos draw I remember a few pages back he said he was planning on some pretty good sized servos. I am betting the bec in the TB9 is not rated for as much as a P10. I am not 100% sure but I can find out. I do know that the P10 takes allot more amperage abuse than the TB9.

Devin

Devin, CC9 is 1.5amp BEC, the ICE 10 is 3amps continuous

I'm going for a 12amp, 2amp bec Jeti based on the fact my other model has 11amps and a 2 amp bec... so now if it still persists we'll know it's not the rx or esc for definate

Connor
Last edited by F3P Connor; Jan 31, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:19 AM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
947 Posts
I thought it was in that range
Devin McGRath is online now Find More Posts by Devin McGRath
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Hello guys, spend about 3 weeks to prepare Arrow manual. Almost 100 pictures, and allot of know how tricks how to build your Arrow little lighter and very strong. http://donatasdesign.com/downloads/M...owV5Manual.pdf

Spacial thanks Dave Lockhart for help in several places!
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Apr 2009
93 Posts
Don,
Just finished my Arrow V5 and am still getting it set up. All I can say is that it is awesome! Everything is first rate and creates a plane that is suprisingly rigid. I used pull pull on the elevator and rudder using the carbon rod method you suggest and it works great. Thanks so much for all your efforts on the plane.
Bhamflyer is offline Find More Posts by Bhamflyer
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:34 PM
Connor Stephenson
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Swapped my ESC and WAHEY! We have power and reliability, lots of it.

Weighs about 155g without Battery, so about 180g rtf, not bad by my standards!

Flown it outside in no wind and my word it's good, never had an indoor model that properly flat spins around the c of g perfectly!

Lovely model and i've just checked the manual and i've done everything right

Awesome work Donatas on both the plane and manual!

Connor
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
I've got mine built awaiting a Neu 1210-6Y, 2467kV. Will use 65C cells to pull ~10amps wide open. AUW will be 180g rtf. Should move out pretty well. I chose to truss the ailerons and horiz as in DD's photos. The airframe is super stiff. 4 JR 290's, these are great servos, super fast and precise, and quiet.

Way to go Donatas!
jofo1 is offline Find More Posts by jofo1
Old Feb 08, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofo1 View Post
I've got mine built awaiting a Neu 1210-6Y, 2467kV. Will use 65C cells to pull ~10amps wide open. AUW will be 180g rtf. Should move out pretty well. I chose to truss the ailerons and horiz as in DD's photos. The airframe is super stiff. 4 JR 290's, these are great servos, super fast and precise, and quiet.

Way to go Donatas!
Im happy for you, and i must say you have crazy setup! Very impressive. I just tested new Sultimate V3 with JR290 connected directly to 6volts. That is something unbelievable i LIKE Note: If you do so manufacturer warranty wont work...But in my opinion it is worth they try.

By the way new Milled Arrow V5 are in stock. Soon i will post some pictures and build my milled Arrow. Again quality is outstanding! Price is 65eur.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:00 AM
Connor Stephenson
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Milled Arrows sound like a challenge!

Must get some pictures of mine, it's come out pretty heavy but flies second to none, went together without any problems what so ever. My servos are a little slower than expected but they've got the precision and the torque so that makes up for it!

Connor
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:22 PM
United Kingdom, England, Leeds
Joined Feb 2008
18 Posts
Conor I'm still waiting for my go
remsiux is offline Find More Posts by remsiux
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
Connor Stephenson
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
I haven't seen you since the extremely busy after bit at the comp

Connor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:28 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
this plane is amazing. the weather here has been warm and calm, ive been flying outdoors. mine weighs 190g. snap rolls are lightning fast, roll rate is insane. now i know what a real 3d plane is supposed to feel like. the plane is sooooooo stiff.

still waiting on my neu motor, so been using the axi race. plenty of power.
jofo1 is offline Find More Posts by jofo1
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Hi Guys, Just want to share one new video from Mr. Fillipo Materazzi:
Filippo Materazzi flying Arrow V5 (Donatas Design) (3 min 28 sec)