Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Discussion
Donatas Design: Arrow V5

As i mention in Sultimate XL thread i start my own company that will be producing hi quality indoor kits. Together with my partners from Sweden www.Autopartner.se . First kit released by Donatas Design will be Arrow Version 5, this is evolution of famous Arrow that had VPP propeller mounted inside fuselage. I decide to release plane as regular airplane with motor in front first. This V5 Arrow together with vector control system prove to be one of most advanced and elegant looking F3P-AM designs available today. With same airplane i won prestigious IITOP 2011 aeromusical competition were most of Europe top pilots participate and finish third in ETOC. Here i share pictures of first prototype.
I'm very happy with factory work, specially on printing and cutting, everything fits perfect and looks simply gorgeous. However to make it competition level kit i prepare big list of small improvements that i expect to see in mass production. I put all my knowledge and heart in this airplane to make it as good as possible for mass production. ArrowV5 is big airplane, fuselage lenght is 94cm, this definitely give great appearance in flight in big hall. Big size does not mean big weight, kits are made from good quality flat material, all printed parts weight is only 48 grams! Also it size and right proportion of control surfaces, give plane unique flying characteristics, as you can see plane can be super agile and very precise as well!

Here is original plane in action:
IITOP 2011 F3P-AM Donatas Pauzuolis (2 min 6 sec)

(Special thanks Mr. Jurgen Heilig for video)

Hopefully next week factory can send me first mass production of Arrow and first samples of Symmetric. Long waited Symmetric will have fanciest painting i ever done! I will keep you updated in this thread about arrival dates, news and prices, im pretty sure we will be able to keep lower prices than most of other manufacturers.

Respectfully,
Donatas Pauzuolis
If you have any questions please contact with my by this email:
donatasdesign@gmail.com
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Last edited by 3Don; Sep 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:20 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Hi Don

Thats a really smart looking version of the Arrow. its nice to see the clever re-inforcement in the delicate areas that is so often missing from other commercial products. The quality of the Crazy Sukhoi from Claes Meijer also produced in conjunction with Auto Partner was very good. i wish you success my friend.

P.S. Is there any chance we will see you at the EIM this year with your new toys?

P.P.S. I would love to be the UK stockist of your products if you were interested

Andy
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:27 AM
leliommarino
United States, MA
Joined Nov 2007
656 Posts
i will defiantly buy one of these will there be shipping to the USA
leliommarino is offline Find More Posts by leliommarino
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:01 PM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
893 Posts
Is there going to be a local dealer in Finland or do we have to order from Sweden?

The plane looks good!
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:42 AM
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
469 Posts
im curious about the fiberglass shown in photo #6. where is it going and for what reason? hard to tell by the photo. Is the V5 going to be available for download like the SuXL and V3 ?
Edhs is offline Find More Posts by Edhs
Old Sep 17, 2011, 05:16 PM
JR > Futaba
Green Lane, PA
Joined Mar 2008
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhs View Post
im curious about the fiberglass shown in photo #6. where is it going and for what reason? hard to tell by the photo. Is the V5 going to be available for download like the SuXL and V3 ?
Im 99% sure its used for re-enforcement. Normally, when a foamie of mine hits the ground, thats a spot that breaks. I recently bought a RTF Deluxe from Dave Lockhart, he used the fiberglass on the joints, it made the model ALOT more "robust"
--PvT
pvtzemerak is offline Find More Posts by pvtzemerak
Old Sep 18, 2011, 01:42 PM
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands, Europe
Joined Feb 2005
30 Posts
Looks great Donatas.
Nando is offline Find More Posts by Nando
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:04 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Hello guys, small update, looks like we will be able to fit in to 59 eur end customer price for Arrow. I think for such printing quality/right hardware and overall awesome flying/looking plane it is fair price.

Andy sorry for lag with answers, i will send long email to you soon.

For dealership so far here what's gonna happen:
www.autoparner.se will be DD dealer for Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.

www.eflight.ch will be DD dealer for Switzerland, Austria and Germany.

www.aerobertics.be will be DD dealer for Belgium, France.

www.acro3d.com (Mr. Luis Fco. Bernardos) will be DD dealer for Spain and Portugal. Since my Spanish language is almost 0, Spanish speaking customers please contact Mr. Luis by this email: donatasdesign.spain@gmail.com

www.rplanes.nl will be DD dealer for Netherlands

Dave Lockhart will be selling Donatas Design kits in USA.

For rest world at the moment i will be selling directly. If you have questions or want to order kit please write to : donatasdesign@gmail.com

PVT you are correct about fiberglass cloth, it is very good way to reinforce weak spot, and fuselage behind wing is always problematic place.

Here are couple pictures of small modification i did for AXI2203/Race motor. Motor wires are stiff and not flexible, if you plan to have engine movement to left and right i recommend to fix engine wires to engine, and let ESC wires to bend. Castle Creation Phoenix 10 ESC wires are really flexible and i never had problem with them braking off. I hope i will finish and test fly new plane already this week.
Last edited by 3Don; Sep 19, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
Acro3D
Segovia - Spain
Joined Feb 2005
50 Posts
You started a very nice project with Donatas Design. I'm happy to collaborate with you. I'm eager to receive the new Arrow V5, it looks very good.

For spanish readers, here you have the first Acro3D related news about Donatas Design:

http://www.acro3d.com/public/joomla/...sf3p&Itemid=67
Luispain is offline Find More Posts by Luispain
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:49 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
I already start flying new Arrow, as expected plane fly great. Here are some pictures from yesterday flying, last days of very beautiful autumn. Video is coming next!

Kind wishes,
D.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:44 AM
leliommarino
United States, MA
Joined Nov 2007
656 Posts
how can i buy kits from Dave Lockhart?? does he have an email, website??
leliommarino is offline Find More Posts by leliommarino
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:18 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
We working on his with Mr. David right now.

D.P.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 10:27 AM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leliommarino View Post
how can i buy kits from Dave Lockhart?? does he have an email, website??
PM sent.

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:44 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Great news kits already reach Europe, so dear modelers in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark you can already order yours on: http://www.autopartner.se/donatas-de...080-c-438.aspx

Above listed dealers will receive kits in about 5-7days. Mine will reach Lithuania this Friday, so next week i will start selling Arrow V5 kits as well. Until my new website is under construction, send your order by email: donatasdesign@gmail.com

Another video with Arrow V5, my friend Ignas Matulevicius flying his AM in 2011 Lithuania F3P championship:
Ignas Matulevicius F3P-AM. 2011 Lithuanian F3P championship (2 min 16 sec)
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:59 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
What about us poor Guys in England

Your friend Remis could do with one so he can enter EIM
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap