SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
157 Posts
Careful!
Genious CP - Another Walkera attempt to copy Eflite.

Here we go again.
Iceblade1A is offline Find More Posts by Iceblade1A
Last edited by Iceblade1A; Sep 15, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2011, 03:15 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Mister Fuji is within the Walkera development/sales loop and sacrifices his objectivity accordingly.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Sep 15, 2011, 03:43 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblade1A View Post
Here we go again, the Walkera sellers on this board will hype another new Walkera heli, then again the end user only finds out it's junk. Oh ok they found out the MCPX is actually popular, so Walkera has to come up with some last minute product that is untested and most likely will be shipped DOA or worse they will send one to djfugi who will actually add $16000.00 dollars in modifications to get it to fly for a video, and then says how wonderful his Walkera made him feel.
Do you know me or have ever met me? I don't think so. Personally I just don't understand your lashing out. I have not responded to your recent posts with any disrespect whatsoever. So if you would be so kind as to skip including me in your comments. Thanks.

Darryl
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:02 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Mister Fuji is within the Walkera development/sales loop and sacrifices his objectivity accordingly.
Nice opinion but a bit off. I have nothing to do with Walkera nor do I work for any vendor. I buy the helis I test and mod with my own money. I do it as soon as its available so i have a chance to fly them as soon as possible for my own enjoyment. I make my suggestions to better the heli and sometimes Walkera listens and sometimes they don't. We have gone around and around this before. In the end just fly what you like and have fun doing it. That's what I'm in the hobby for.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:28 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Quote:
Here we go again, the Walkera sellers on this board will hype another new Walkera heli, then again the end user only finds out it's junk. Oh ok they found out the MCPX is actually popular, so Walkera has to come up with some last minute product that is untested and most likely will be shipped DOA or worse they will send one to djfugi who will actually add $16000.00 dollars in modifications to get it to fly for a video, and then says how wonderful his Walkera made him feel.
...you have made your point. You do not like Walkera and have found a heli you like....
you should be out flying it. We all have opinions. You seem to be going to extreme lengths to voice yours....and it's getting tired.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Last edited by Air Vaca; Sep 15, 2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
...you have made your point. You do not like Walkera and have found a heli you like....
you should be out flying it. We all have opinions. You seem to be going to extreme lengths to voice yours....and it's getting tired.
One post for every wasted dollar on Walkera, I still have 300.00 more to go.
Iceblade1A is offline Find More Posts by Iceblade1A
Old Sep 16, 2011, 02:25 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
One post for every wasted dollar on Walkera, I still have 300.00 more to go.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:31 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Some Clarity on the matter, for the huddled masses. Especially the new guy.,

I think it's fair to say that this is a subject that pop's up every so often, and it's something that concerned me awhile ago also. In the end I realized that with the huge influx of new people coming into the heli hobby, we basically have to look out for ourselves and be responsible for our own purchases, it's our eyes reading the threads and when we fly our heli's its our thumbs on the sticks not someone else's. One mans golden heli could easily be another man's money trap and that is just a phenomenon of being in the hobby. The discerning reader will fare better every time in the outcome as long as he has some good knowledge and skills and that comes with the experience and investment of time and money into the hobby. Even a bad purchase can become a good experience IF you learn from it.

Having said that.....People in general dont want to hear this stuff, nor do they want to research facts on personalities,....they just want to hobby.

But, I can also tell you through previous experience of researching this matter in great depth and also by using a more tactful approach that;

DK does not work directly for Walkera or for a vendor in the typical sense that one would define work. Rather he is in prime geographical location (so-cal) to receive the newest models, most times a month or so in advance before the general public and as soon as the associated vendor gets a beta test model or production model in their possession. He does this to test them to see if they are sale-able without major repercussions to the seller and the buyer alike and of course because he loves the hobby and it's fun. Although my common sense tells me he see's the seller eye to eye, face to face, but only reads words here so I will leave that up to the reader to decide which is the more intimate mode of human contact for themselves. In other words who might come first. It's nothing personal just something to think about, if you've ever thought about it before.

He is also in contact via email with the Walkera engineers in China at certain times and directly involved in the incremental release of certain model versions for sale and their final design, this information is taken from various threads and the WoWHobbies.com website, you can verify it for yourself with the Walkera V450D01 model and many others on that site. You will see DKFuji's name in many specific Walkera model advertisements there. Eg. DkFuji Tested and Wow Approved

He is a very active and public participant in this particular vendor's sales model and has some products that he personally designed, modified, had mass manufactured in the past and/or tested (eg. the latest would be the mCP-X brushless mods) for sale. With some of these items he has either informally given the design rights to the vendor, makes a percentage of the sales profits from or does it completely for free. This is where things always became murky waters for me. And there are many scenarios in between, but whatever his truth is, he feels very adamant/strongly that it is his business and has no bearing on his reviews nor does it need to be revealed to the public. It is completely his business. Although DK may disagree and say everything is all out in the open, does anyone here truly know how it all works out in detail and even more so does anyone care? It seems some may but many, many, do not.

The problem with that modus operandi is that like any public figure when you place yourself in front of over 300,000 potential readers/buyers just in one forum alone, you will come under some scrutiny. This is due to a natural byproduct of being so visible in the public eye. Many mis-interpret this as wrong or mis guided, but by human nature not everyone believes what they see, hear or read on these forums as taken at face value. If you do then that would be very mis-guided and wrong. So there is a balance.

Fortunately or unfortunately many, many, many do believe everything they read and that is why a thumbs up or a thumbs down from one individual can make such an impact on a particular model sales record especially here in the USA. Where it happens that the largest USA Walkera distributer uses the "DKFuji" brand as a selling point vigorously, among others.

It always amazed me when the day came for the carpet call, the bewilderment response of "why does this keep happening???"

Whatever the scenario, when you are closely involved in something you either reap the rewards or the demise of what your involved in and I would say it's within DK's best interest that WoWHobbies.com does well for itself and DK has gone to great lengths in the past to make his presence known in WoW's defense whenever they were attacked here in the threads. In some cases I would say he takes it personally, so it's something he holds very close.

Which means I dont think it's fair to just shrug off the relationship he has with Walkera and Wow. I think its a very complex web he weaves, yet its so simple. But the simple is just too much in your face, so the complex allows him to operate freely. Because most people wont or cant sit down long enough or be bothered to put the pieces of this puzzle together.

By nature of my job and just by my human nature I am a little more analytical than that and if anyone has any discrepancies of what I wrote here I challenge them to prove otherwise.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful sunny Friday afternoon

And remember;

"Whats right isn't always popular and whats popular isn't always right"
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:40 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Nice post HeliFlyer711
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris.... View Post
Nice post HeliFlyer711
+1 Very nice post.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:59 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Dec 2007