SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:57 PM
Joined Sep 2010
198 Posts
Discussion
dx6i toggle switch fix

So I dropped my dx6i tonight, which upset me greatly. Upon closer inspection, I had broken two toggle switches. Quick trip to Radio Shack and I found a perfect replacement. Specs were exact. I went ahead and picked them up for a few bucks.

Went home, soldered them on and that solved the problem. Took only a few minutes. Only thing is, the original mix toggle is a bit longer. But my agile fingers don't mind.

Hope this helps y'all out. It might be old news for some of ya, but it sure saved me a from splurging on a new radio. Hope to get more mileage from this before moving up. Thought I'd have to go shopping for a new radio.
WindGap is offline Find More Posts by WindGap
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:59 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,834 Posts
Its easy with the DX6i since most of them are simply attached to the case and have the wires solder to them. Others have the switches soldered directly onto a PCB making it much harder to not only replace but also to find the correct switch for it.

Depending on location others may also chose to have it service simply to have the work done by qualified tech that would also check out the radi oto ensure everything else is functioning.

Glad you got it working, drop mine once and was lucky not to have anything break BUT I now have a permanent reminder of my mistake on the case that is not home to some nasty scratches and burrs in the plastic.

My DX6i is now my backup radio & buddy box to my DX8 that's never going to be drop having learned my lesson.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip