Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:50 PM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,204 Posts
New Product
CLD GoPro 3-Axis Camera Mount Gimbal

I finally finished the GoPro Gimbal Camera Mount, very strong and compact. It uses 3 mini servos and since the GoPro is light weight it doesn't need any gears, servos provide enought travel for most of the applications out there. The servos that I'm using are mini 9grams servos from hobby king. I will have all the specs, prices now available on my website.

After taking this video, I found out that my AA battery pack used for the servos was discharged making the servos jitter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysyVvuXhng
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by crd; Sep 15, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:10 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
the gears aren't used to support the weight but to give it smoother non jittery movement and so it could move past the servo limits

cool mount though, should be nice on smaller quads

Moe
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:30 AM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
the gears aren't used to support the weight but to give it smoother non jittery movement and so it could move past the servo limits

cool mount though, should be nice on smaller quads

Moe
The gears provide a smoother travel, on my mount The Pan servo limits the travel to the servo specs adding a servo stretcher or digital servo could resolve this, I decided not to add a gear system on the pan servo because it will make the mount larger in the top and more expensive. The Tilt and Roll servos have enought travel for most of the application I have seen. I'm trying to keep this mount inexpensive.

Is always a good idea to use fresh batteries, I used discharged batteries for the servos and that's why you see them jitter a little.

Here is another video using good batteries and a FY20A stabilizer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja0HtPDSSvg
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member