SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:51 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of my nozzle extensions made from clear pop bottle plastic.

davylah is offline Find More Posts by davylah
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:00 PM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Harrier GR7A first flight (3 min 13 sec)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
Situationally Unaware
Rhode Island, USA
Joined Dec 2007
130 Posts
Congratulations!
Glad you got her into the air.
The work you did on the outline really pays off on those fly-bys.
muckie is offline Find More Posts by muckie
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Good to see you back after the winter's hibernation, I was wondering what's going on with this Thread? Being dead for such a long time. Today I also had couple of flights with mine in absolutely perfect conditions but slightly wet air strip so I put on my gum boots. It's been pissing here on daily basis just opposite to your weather pattern in UK, Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:59 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro View Post
Good to see you back after the winter's hibernation, I was wondering what's going on with this Thread? Being dead for such a long time. Today I also had couple of flights with mine in absolutely perfect conditions but slightly wet air strip so I put on my gum boots. It's been pissing here on daily basis just opposite to your weather pattern in UK, Joe.
Yeah the weather is just starting to pick up here in the UK. We've just had a great week, I've flown my GWS Cargotrans C-130 dropping parachutes for the kids, my GWS Spitfire, and my Islander. The Harrier was definitely the highlight though. The little GWS planes are like toys next to that beast!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:49 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
lovely model, surprised forum gone quiet!! waiting for HK (UK) to get these in stock, had a hankering for a GR3 for some time..
domll is offline Find More Posts by domll
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:42 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domll View Post
lovely model, surprised forum gone quiet!! waiting for HK (UK) to get these in stock, had a hankering for a GR3 for some time..
Thanks man! Yeah, this would convert to a GR3 easily since the original Sea Harrier was based on the all metal airframe. You'd just have to square the tail up a bit, carve up a new nose and canopy and repaint. I might have a go myself if I can sneak another enormous cardboard box into the house without my wife seeing!!!
I'd love to see pictures of your progress, so feel free to post them here
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:53 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Eie
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Nov 2006
15 Posts
Hi Guys.
Nearly finished my Harrier, all standard apart from twin aileron servos and better elevator servo. What I would like to know is the C.G. position from the flat front edge of the wing and what control throws everyone is using just as a starting point.
Thanks
Alan
Biggles99 is offline Find More Posts by Biggles99
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
I fly my model with 85mm back using 4S3000. 10-12mm on AIL. is plenty but I use lot more on EL. J.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Hello all the "Harrier" pilots. Last week on the way to Jets over Fraser Coast had stopover at famous Rainbow Beach, QLD. 30mph wind and some 10feet wide strip of hard packed sand, not ideal for flying but had to have a go. It was a real challenge to bring it back, unfortunatelly my wife lost most of the great action, next time I know who not to give my cam recorder to! J.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:36 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
492 Posts
Hey - I've just finished my build. When I first ran the stock fan up, the blades shattered. So I've just finished fitting a 4 blade 70mm Changesun fan, with a 2900kV motor:
https://www.toysonics.com/2836-2900k...-for-70mm.html

I'm a bit disappointed. Using 60A esc & 2200mAh 4S 40C lipo I'm only getting about 40A and 450watts. Is that enough to fly this plane (with no modifications, so stock AUW)?

Thanks,
Simon
sihinch is offline Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:20 PM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
I'll be interested to see how it goes on the Changesun fan. I just bought one for mine, and a Turnigy L2855 2300kv. I haven't had it running yet so I don't have any figures. I know they sound good though!!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:10 PM
Canberra Australia
Joined Jun 2009
735 Posts
Can you buy a fully functioning VTOL Harrier Jump Jet yet? I would have thought the design would be relatively easy (eg EDF in the belly pointing 45 degrees down with 360 degree vector control, plus one out the back as per normal with slaved vector control). Getting the slaving right would be a problem (eg comprimise between reasonable VTOL control and straight flight control).
MercerMaggot is offline Find More Posts by MercerMaggot
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:16 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
well, she's no speed demon, but she sure does look beautiful in the sky. superb.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7