HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:44 AM
Innovator
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
356 Posts
Thanks Whatala!
I wasn't having any luck downloading them from the web site. Yours came in just fine. I printed out a tiled stack of papers at 105%. I plan to re-draw some of it and wanted the extra bit here and there the 5% will give me.

Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:25 PM
kce
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
46 inch flyguy

Otto, i see that the motor is reversed in the flyguy, do i need to reverse the prop or buy a pusher prop?
kce is offline Find More Posts by kce
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kce View Post
Otto, i see that the motor is reversed in the flyguy, do i need to reverse the prop or buy a pusher prop?
No. On an outrunner motor you just reverse 2 of the 3 power leads to the ESC and it runs backwards. You also turn the standard prop around so the curved side faces forward.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:07 AM
Malta, St Paul's Bay
Joined Mar 2007
9 Posts
Greeting from the sunny Island of Malta. We have just finished our Flyguy which we painted as Robin.Thanks goes to Otto for his techincal backup support and Bob of balsabuddies for the cut out plans contribution.Hereunder is the link where all can have a view of our final bird.Footage is part of a video which was aired on our state local television on the 1st of April so excuse the Maltese language.
Thanks to all from Keith,Tony and myself Jonathan
fly guy in malta (5 min 6 sec)
malteser356 is offline Find More Posts by malteser356
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malteser356 View Post
Greeting from the sunny Island of Malta. We have just finished our Flyguy which we painted as Robin.Thanks goes to Otto for his techincal backup support and Bob of balsabuddies for the cut out plans contribution.Hereunder is the link where all can have a view of our final bird.Footage is part of a video which was aired on our state local television on the 1st of April so excuse the Maltese language.
Those colors are just beautiful in the sky. Well done. Saw a lot of loops. Have you tried any rolls? Be very high the first time. Will add video to the begining of this thread. Thanx for sharing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:25 AM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,621 Posts
As some of you know I actuallly enjoy sending my kits to far flung places.
I have two going to Cote-d-Azur today. ( France )

The Guys in Malta, an island south of Sicily in the Mediteranian sea,
asked about shipping and I discovered that my packages were too large to
be sent there. So I sent them the plans instead.

Below is a copy of their reply post to me, with embedded utube Video link,
showing their very nice work and flying.

Bob
Northwest Cutout Service

Here is the post from Malta:
--------------------------------------

Hi Bob,
Hereunder is the link to our You Tube channel(wallaby46) with the final Fly guy product.As always all this thanks to your plans contribution.
The footage is part of a film that was shot and transmitted on our Local National Station last week as part of the 1st April jokes hahah.

fly guy in malta (5 min 6 sec)

hope you enjoy seeing Robin flying around the Maltese Airspace..

Thanks once again from Me.Keith and Tony

regards
Jonathan
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:40 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malteser356 View Post
Looks great! Does it really fly that slow or is the video slowed down? It's very smooth.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
Looks great! Does it really fly that slow or is the video slowed down? It's very smooth.
Pete, my 31" flys very fast compared to my 62". The 62" is smoother too and appears more graceful. The 31" is the sports car and the 62" is the family sedan.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,373 Posts
That's interesting because Dan's 31" is faster than my 23" but then again I could run more prop. I'm only running a GWS3020.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:34 PM
Innovator
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
356 Posts
My 31" will fly pretty slow too. I was pleasantly surprised to see I could slow it down as much as I do.

Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:55 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,120 Posts
Very nice! You should really pull that antenna out on the Tx.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
72 Posts
Robin Fly Guy

This is my first time using the threads, usually I leave it to my friend Jono, so here goes: To Otto, first of all thanks for the info I requested during the building period, it was a great help. Yes the Guy does roll very well. It also flies inverted and also loops. The difficulty with this type of `plane` is in the vertical since there is no rudder to prop hang. The Flyguy is overpowered since I`m using a Turniggy D3536/6 motor 1250 Kv with around 490w. The prop is a9 x6 and can pull the flyguy verticaly from take off. The CG is 2cm back from the actual point. Regards Keith
flygringo is online now Find More Posts by flygringo
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
72 Posts
Robin flyguy

Dear Petefoss, regarding the vid of Robin, Yes it does actually fly quite slow as shown in the video. I was using only half throttle most of the time except when getting out of trouble down low. and in reply to MK no I havent forgotten to raise the antenna since I fly the Robin on 2.4ghz. Thanks anyway, Regards Keith.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:11 AM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,120 Posts
Keith, my bad! I played the video again and it looks like it's a conversion as I now see both the 2.4 GHz antenna AND the FM telescopic one. The silver "stub" was what caught my eye the first time.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
72 Posts
Robin flyguy

Yes MK. I notice that you have the Crow syndrome >>> going after silver or anything that glitters. Ha Ha. No offence taken my friend. Regards Keith.