SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:56 PM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Discussion
The fifth competiton DLG ---FlyDream FD-Altimeter record!!!

I get altimeter for a few weeks before the competition, i did some flight test before has no any problem. I installed it on the plane during the whole journey record, now I back to see the record and find it very interesting.
Now I put the record and share with everyone below. Come first warm-up game.
In order to compression game time, the warm-up game in a very short time, only three minutes. Because I have no experience of the task way to fly before the game, I hope with the three minutes to familiar with it. Unfortunately this times no one to help me do the referee, I just stayed in my own field, I did the exercises with the referee’s time nearby. Because of strain and unskilled, the first rise and fall in landing with speed high, and I didn’t catch the plane, the plane wing crashed to the head directly .To be frankly, it is quite painful. I don't know anyone sawn the scene. From the curve you can see that the first end of the curve dropping fast, and I use of FF6 won't be set brake, so finally it led to the way of committing landing
Because the warm-up time is very short, so I didn’t use my full strength, but compare with the competiton later , it is not too low, it seemed that my height is basic stability in the interval at present
dream flying is offline Find More Posts by dream flying
Last edited by dream flying; Sep 15, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:02 PM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Preliminary contest--- the first round

The first two curves are preparation of throwing before the match; mainly to observe the plane changes and decide whether to do some adjustments or not. In fact I did some adjustment in the second throwing, but after trying fly it return to the original Settings. Because the change is not obvious, I was also worried that I didn’t reach designated position, so I gave up the adjustment.

From the third start is a continuous flight, respectively is 30/45 / 60/75/90 seconds task. Behind the two tasks, I attempted to 105 seconds mission but failed. I didn’t remember much for the specific situation now. From the analysis on curve, when the first try the plane seemed to be throwing down drafts directly to regional, I choose a direction to escape but not success, when it is in less than 30 seconds the plane is only 15 or so high, so I decided to gave up the chance and take it off again. But the later attempt is not ideal, finally ended in failure. From the throwing height you can see after the completion of the 90 seconds, it seems my confidence increase, the latter two throwing height are better. Of course the analysis result is the premise of altimeter record data is correct.
Guys can help me to analyze it.

Last edited by dream flying; Sep 15, 2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: want to change the link
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Preliminary contest -----the second round

From the second curve is the competiton
Have the first round of experience, I have more confident in this round, and didn’t seek much height. The fourth curve is worked out 75 seconds of task, but I gave it up again when it gets to up flow inexplicable, it see that I lack of confidence and wrong judgment. Followed throwing height can also confirmed that I am really had no faith. This round of 90 seconds of task is more breathtaking and more important in result. It is likely that if I have no this result , my game will be end.

The latter two 105 seconds attempt is not smooth, from the curve you can't see too many problems, which seems to be the flying environment is not ideal. But I think my own control in these two ups and downs must be have problems ,in my impression it appeared crinkle and hovering wing tip stall, so the height loss very soon.
The last curve is come to the end game, I want to try once again, but I have to move place for latter competiton as soon as possible, so I have to return.

Last edited by dream flying; Sep 15, 2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: want to add link
Old Sep 14, 2011, 04:04 PM
VHO
glider misguider
Armidale NSW Australia
Joined Feb 2007
564 Posts
huh?

I'm just a lot puzzled.

Why not post this in the handlaunch glider/DLG part of rcgroups/forum.

Can you tell me if the output file is able to be read by Excel? downloaded from the USB port device to a csv file perhaps?

Would be nice to stack up comparisons in multiple graphs on the same page using other software if desired.

..and where do we get the altimeter from?
VHO is online now Find More Posts by VHO
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:08 AM
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
VHO
I bought it from one china retailers. You can download the software from FlyDream's website ,i did it from their website http://www.fd-rc.com/en/manual/FD-A-2011-9-6.rar
At present they didn't supply Excel file.
I will ask them about it latter!
Jack
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:25 PM
Addicted to lift
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2010
512 Posts
Interesting.
eosglider is offline Find More Posts by eosglider
Old Sep 16, 2011, 02:52 AM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
I want to know where and how to buy it ?
bright glass is offline Find More Posts by bright glass
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:43 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bright glass View Post
I want to know where and how to buy it ?
Here's a better link:
http://www.fd-rc.com/en/product.php?sid=19#FD-Altimeter

Here's one source:

http://www.fly-rc.com.au/index.php?o...id=7&Itemid=15

I would expect it to show up in places like Himodel too.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Last edited by Daedalus66; Sep 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:30 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Thanks Daedalus66,
Thanks for your link , i will order one for trying ! It is nice for my DLG!
Mike
bright glass is offline Find More Posts by bright glass
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:39 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Dec 2002
166 Posts
This really needs to be able to export the data into excel or csv files
Snitch7 is offline Find More Posts by Snitch7