Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
82 Posts
Help!
4-channel receiver has red blinking LED and won't respond

I'm a total noob here. I need some help with my new plane, and can't find help in any online manuals or anywhere else, so I'm depending on you guys.

I bought a nexstar mini EP RTF. It came with a Tactic 2.4 GHz Radio (TTX440) and has a Tactic tr.424 4-channel receiver in the plane. I flew it for a very short time yesterday and I was working on it today and noticed that one of the connectors on the receiver came undone. (I probably yanked it off somehow when I was working on it).

I connected it back to the receiver and went to fly the plane today but it wouldn't turn on. I unplugged that same one, turned on the controller and the plane went crazy and the prop started spinning even with the controller off. I disconnected all the connectors to the receiver. The prop was still spinning full speed, so I disconnected the battery.

Now I've connected all the wires back to the receiver and when I turn on the controller, the red LED on the receiver blinks repeatedly and the rudder moved with the flashes of the LED. The plane is irresponsive. I don't think the radio and receiver became un-binded.. Can someone help?
Thanks
justin144 is offline Find More Posts by justin144
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
Joined Sep 2011
82 Posts
could it be because I disconnected the battery when the prop was still spinning?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:32 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,175 Posts
Perhaps (I once blew up a boat controller by unplugging the battery while the motor was going).

However you may just have something plugged in wrong. If you can post a picture of the receiver and wiring it might help us to diagnose the problem.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:56 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,439 Posts
You should never have the power on in the model when the "controller" (transmitter) is switched off, as it can result in all sorts of nasty things happening, including the motor going uncontrolled.

Anyway, as Bruce has said, show us a picture of your setup if you can. Without knowing which lead was disconnected, and so on, it's difficult to say what's happened.

Also, check that your transmitter and receiver batteries are fully charged. Unresponsive radio, with flashing light and jumpy servo(s) sometimes simply means it's not getting any signal from the transmitter -- either it's unbound, or the transmitter's not transmitting for some reason.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn View Post
You should never have the power on in the model when the "controller" (transmitter) is switched off, as it can result in all sorts of nasty things happening, including the motor going uncontrolled.
Did not know this. Thanks.

Anyways I figured out the problem just like 5 minutes ago.
Apparently, the leads can be plugged into the receiver backwards.. Retarded on my part, I know, but I thought I tried plugging it in both ways already. Anyways i turned the lead around and everything is working now. Thanks for the help guys. I'm sure I will be on this forum looking for help quite often lol.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:32 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,439 Posts
That's good news. It's easy to plug "universal" or "JR" plugs in the wrong way. No harm comes of it, but it's difficult to spot sometimes, especially when the leads are coloured red, orange, and brown (3 shades of brown?), as they often are, instead of red, white, and black.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn